JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Is it okay for a guy to like Shojo? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/1138-okay-guy-like-shojo.html)

ILOVEJAPAN 06-03-2007 04:20 PM

Of course its ok

Dont ask us if its ok. Do whatever you want. No one will care. Personaly I dont care if you like sounen or shojou or both. I dont even care if your gay or straight. Which, is not to say you are. Im just saying that I except everyone. Im sure a girl would be happy to date a sensative guy.

As for me, I dont really see what there is to like about Shojou. Maybe Im missing somthing but it seems kinda boring to me. I watched Sailor Moon, but that seemed almost action oriented to me. Sure theres romance but they fight in almost every episode. Other than Sailor Moon, I have only seen one other Shojou anime that I have liked. I LOVE Maison Ikkoku!!! It's waaay to funny!!!! Other than that I havent seen anything else thats intersted me. I've heard Fruits Basket is good. So maybe I will try that. I probably wouldnt watch a Shojou unless it was funny or more action oreinted (as far as shojou goes) I dont really like romantic cutsey type stuff though.

Acidreptile 06-03-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN (Post 145641)
Dont ask us if its ok. Do whatever you want. No one will care. Personaly I dont care if you like sounen or shojou or both. I dont even care if your gay or straight. Which, is not to say you are. Im just saying that I except everyone. Im sure a girl would be happy to date a sensative guy.

As for me, I dont really see what there is to like about Shojou. Maybe Im missing somthing but it seems kinda boring to me. I watched Sailor Moon, but that seemed almost action oriented to me. Sure theres romance but they fight in almost every episode. Other than Sailor Moon, I have only seen one other Shojou anime that I have liked. I LOVE Maison Ikkoku!!! It's waaay to funny!!!! Other than that I havent seen anything else thats intersted me. I've heard Fruits Basket is good. So maybe I will try that. I probably wouldnt watch a Shojou unless it was funny or more action oreinted (as far as shojou goes) I dont really like romantic cutsey type stuff though.

I totally agree with everything you said.

luna2 06-04-2007 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KibaRanger (Post 14626)
As you might have guessed,I like Card Captor Sakura.Is it okay for a guy to like Shojo?

....heck ya its ok!!!!!lol
dnt matter what u watch:p

cattiemae 06-08-2007 04:42 AM

Cattieee.

It sure is. I know lots of guys, straight&gay, that love shojou. My friend's favourite anime is Ouran High School Host club (as is mine<3) and he doesn't have a problem telling people he loves shojou.
Everyone likes different types of genres. It's only natural =]

---
veritas
---

Riiko 06-08-2007 07:21 PM

Of course it's okay for guys to like Shojo! In fact, some girls even rate guys that like Shojo as high on their potential boyfriend list. lol! As for me, Shojo manga is a plus!! I like Shonen too, though. Really, I just like all manga... except the dirty ones. And, yes, they really do exist. XD

KyuubiChan 06-08-2007 07:45 PM

As long as you don't start squeeling whenever you see a bishounen enter the scene, your good.:vsign:

zenit 06-09-2007 09:33 AM

I really like all kinds of manga/anime, if you're an anime lover it doesnt matter what kind of anime it is you whatch, of course there are people that simply dont like love stories, that find them boring or whatever; and there hare some others that think that a guy must whatch only anime with action, blood and violence... wrooong, a real guy whatches what he feels like when he feels like it whithout being worried about labels.

Demysia 06-09-2007 09:49 AM

I think it's perfectly fine for a guy to like Shojo, in fact, more guys should watch it xD

pichu0123 06-10-2007 07:17 PM

I mean it's cool:cool: I'm tomboyish... XD but I love some Shoujo. And I know many boys who likes Shoujo:vsign:

Kitaooji 06-11-2007 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KibaRanger (Post 14626)
As you might have guessed,I like Card Captor Sakura.Is it okay for a guy to like Shojo?

Yes, it's totally ok!

My best guy friend likes shojo and I love him all the more for it. Some of my other guy friends make fun of shojo :\