LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
NishiHime (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-31-2008, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
IMO, Pretear had a terrible anime adaptation. It was annoying to me, and I didn't like the changes. I always expect changes since they are adaptations, but they changed too much around, like Sasame's character change.
I watched the Pretear anime and my sisters got me the full manga set as a Christmas gift 2 years ago when I told them how much I loved the anime.

Because I watched the anime first, I didn't have preconveived notions about how it should be as per the manga. I was fortunate in that sense because, normally, I feel like you: mangas I love, turned into animes, just don't compare to the original.

In this case, I was able to fall in love with Pretear because it was animated. I never would have heard of it, or even read it, if it hadn't been for the anime.

I always feel that if you discover a series as an anime first, then reading the manga afterwards is a delicious treat because it let's you really understand the series the way it was meant to be.

2 anime that I recommend you read the manga of if you've only ever seen the anime: Sailor Moon and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

- Nishi

~~Member of JapanForum Royal Clan of Gods & Goddesses~~
http://www.nishimusic.com
Webmistress of UsagiandMamoru.com, MiakaandTamahome.com, MaxLovely.com, PrincessIshtar.com, ArwenandAragorn.com

(#12 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-31-2008, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km0120 View Post
The most famous one is FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST.
Are you nuts!? FMA is by far one of the greatest trnsfers from manga to anime form ever...

Hmmm...Manga gone bad when made into anime...?

D.N.Angel...Thats all I got XD

(#13 (permalink))
Old
HaloNeko (Offline)
Owned by Dir en Grey

Send a message via AIM to HaloNeko
01-31-2008, 04:05 AM

fruits basket ends why earlier then the manga

Live for today not for tomorrow for what you do today can shape what happens tomorrow.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
01-31-2008, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishiHime View Post
I watched the Pretear anime and my sisters got me the full manga set as a Christmas gift 2 years ago when I told them how much I loved the anime.
Ironically, I saw the anime first too. I'd always wanted to read it, but came across the anime first and watched it. It was okay, but there were some things that kind of bugged me, and it was mostly Mawata's emo like character and the other sister's character seemed kind of pointless too, and I really hated the whole thing dealing with Sasame. With the way he was portrayed in the beginning, his turning "traitor" just didn't sit well with me for some reason.
Quote:
Because I watched the anime first, I didn't have preconveived notions about how it should be as per the manga. I was fortunate in that sense because, normally, I feel like you: mangas I love, turned into animes, just don't compare to the original.
Yeah, it's expected. But with Pretear, it was just too much, imo.
Quote:
I always feel that if you discover a series as an anime first, then reading the manga afterwards is a delicious treat because it let's you really understand the series the way it was meant to be.
Definitely.
Quote:
2 anime that I recommend you read the manga of if you've only ever seen the anime: Sailor Moon and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
I've never read Kamikaze Kaitou, but I have read Sailor Moon. I sorta prefer the SM manga to the anime, but I like both for different reasons.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-31-2008, 04:31 AM

Oh, I have another to add...Ichigo 100% and Love Hina. Both serverely underrated but for very good reason XD Both take some effort to look past the endless fan service, but all in all, they were good.

But the animes of them? Love Hina messed up the whole series, and fixed a few mistakes with its acceptable ending, and Ichigo 100% did the opposite of that; had an acceptable run and screwed it up in the ending XD

(#16 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
01-31-2008, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzuki View Post
Hm.. I think Hellsing , D.N.Angel , +- Gravitation and X-1999 ;.; the Manga is a lot better and in the animes I miss a many good parts <.<"" only in Gravitation is the music soooooo cool (from Sony ) hehe but they missed a lot parts X)
I agree about Gravitation. The anime left out so many good parts. Then you have the awesome music that kinda, almost makes up for it, but not really. I have both the mangas and the anime, but the manga is soo much better.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Twethereal (Offline)
New to JF

01-31-2008, 06:22 AM

I just started reading and watching Chobits and I like the manga better. I didn't really like Hideki in the anime (although that might partially be because his voice annoyed me) and even though I had read the first volume of the manga, I found that I was confused sometimes when it came to the anime. However, I loved Sumomo in the anime (which is why she's my avatar) and when Chi imitated Hideki, the anime made it funnier. The manga is still better though.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
01-31-2008, 11:04 AM

really wish if 20th century boys manga to anime...

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!