JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   5 Centimeters Per Second (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/22267-5-centimeters-per-second.html)

noodle 01-08-2009 01:13 PM

5 Centimeters Per Second

Has anyone seen this Anime? It's a three episode long feature centred around a boy. It's a romantic drama and I found it really original. I'm wondering if anyone else liked it and if they know any other similar short anime's?

I'm not sure if I'd recommend this to anyone. For some people, it might be a little slow... Comments?

EDIT; I also really like the anime style. The colouring and motion of the anime is very different to most I see. I think it really works and brings some realism to the anime.

kyo_9 01-08-2009 02:44 PM

yeah.. I've seen this anime before..
I remembered it because the animation is very amazing and the song is also quite nice.. the story line is probably slow but the message of the story really struck softly in my heart..

Hidetsugu 01-08-2009 02:54 PM

I saw it some months ago, I really liked it... it lets you a bitter taste after seeing it ><....

BakaCrisis 01-08-2009 03:44 PM

I have not had the opportunity to watch the show.

MissMisa 01-08-2009 04:11 PM

I've seen it, in some places it's really melancholy and I think it's actually a really beautiful piece of work. It is unusual but I think that's a really good thing about it.

It has a much more mature feel about it, don't you think? The animation seems more sophisticated and while the story line is maybe slow, it's nicely done.

SHAD0W 01-08-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 661154)
I've seen it, in some places it's really melancholy and I think it's actually a really beautiful piece of work. It is unusual but I think that's a really good thing about it.

It has a much more mature feel about it, don't you think? The animation seems more sophisticated and while the story line is maybe slow, it's nicely done.

is it to my taste? sounds interesting.

MissMisa 01-08-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 661160)
is it to my taste? sounds interesting.

No I wouldn't say so. It's too feminine and emotional for you Ash :p Lmao. You are the opposite of feminine and emotional in every possible way xD

I like the name of it. Apparently it's the rate of how fast the blossoms fall off the tree if I remember rightly.

Trailer:

YouTube - 5 Centimeters Per Second Trailer

iPhantom 01-08-2009 04:46 PM

I'm downloading it.

SHAD0W 01-08-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 661161)
. Apparently it's the rate of how fast the blossoms fall off the tree if I remember rightly.

KAWAAAAIIIIIIII

:rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart:

MissMisa 01-08-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 661169)
KAWAAAAIIIIIIII

:rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart: :rheart:

Dear me xD