JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   English Dubb of Theme Song (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/26726-english-dubb-theme-song.html)

thcuteness 07-24-2009 12:38 AM

English Dubb of Theme Song

question how many other people hate when you buy anime and the orginal japanese them song has been dubbed in english, and well it frankly sucks, in quality and the singing? I personally hate this.

hinata2 07-24-2009 01:55 AM

yes it ruins it it should be kept in japanese like it's meant to.

Zagato289 07-24-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hinata2 (Post 751568)
yes it ruins it it should be kept in japanese like it's meant to.

Some songs do sound better in English, but i do hated when it sucks. The remastered songs from Dragonball Z and Gt sound better in English.

Deviruu 07-24-2009 02:05 AM

I'll become a fan of this question.

Why go through the trouble and money just to sound horrid and butcher the song? Keep the original.

Though I must add there has to be at least one good song I know of in English.

...I just can't think of any.

Point proven.

SSJup81 07-24-2009 03:35 AM

I've never come across this, but seems that they should just have a dual-language option so that those who want to hear the dubbed song can do so, whereas those who want the original song can listen to that.

ForeverDreamer 07-24-2009 04:43 AM

I prefer for the dubbing companies to stay away from the theme songs. Right now I'm mostly thinking of Ouran High School Host Club. I guess if I hadn't heard the original for 26 episodes before watching the dub, it wouldn't matter so much, though..I don't know, I guess it depends for me =/

Zagato289 07-24-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJup81 (Post 751582)
I've never come across this, but seems that they should just have a dual-language option so that those who want to hear the dubbed song can do so, whereas those who want the original song can listen to that.

There is an option if you buy anime in DVD and BR.;)

magicalgirlj 07-29-2009 10:12 PM

I hate when they do that. Just leave the orginal the way it was

FeyOberon 07-29-2009 11:00 PM

In my experience, that's something that was mostly done with older anime. With the only show like that I've watched, I would always switch it to the Japanese dub for the themes.

Record of Lodos War -- the English theme dub blows chunks and is off key.

thcuteness 07-29-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverDreamer (Post 751601)
I prefer for the dubbing companies to stay away from the theme songs. Right now I'm mostly thinking of Ouran High School Host Club. I guess if I hadn't heard the original for 26 episodes before watching the dub, it wouldn't matter so much, though..I don't know, I guess it depends for me =/

Yeah i hate the english dubb of the Ouran High School Host Club song, the singer was not very good, and it sounded like it was made in a basement.