JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
XrachelleX (Offline)
i hold it not a sin

06-05-2008, 12:47 AM

hmm....its interesting to see what you lot say about this matter...but really. the war is starting to get better. there hasnt been alot of dangerous attacks. they are starting to go down less and less. thats a great thing to!!! and from what my war hero friend says, he says, if you keep your enemy on the run, they dont have time to plan, and if they dont have time to plan, then they cant hurt as bad. personally i agree with this statement. its very true and reaslistic. and we are pulling troops out of iraq, just a amount at a time. becuzz not only do we want them home, we want the israli people to be strong enough to NOT have another dicatator.

THE SHINIGAMI CLAN!
pm me if ya wanna be in it

XrachelleX(miyuki)--the death master
emiluvsjmusic(emi)--the humanity taker
SHELKE17(tears of blood)--the tearing heart
auran(Hiugchi)--the cheer taker
NejimaCrazy(Matser X)-sanity destroyer
shinigami13(nemo)-memory hoader
zachart(domogoto killa)-destroyer of light
jene(angel without wings)-blue eyes dragon
court jester of (_) Boring club (_)

(#52 (permalink))
Old
XrachelleX (Offline)
i hold it not a sin

06-05-2008, 12:48 AM

Now the number one issue is the economy, not terrorism. Bush's policies have literally sent 100's of thousands of jobs overseas, millions have lost their homes. Gas prices are up over 300% since he took office, and we give tax breaks to the oil companies which made records profits in the 10s of billions in the first THREE MONTHS of 2008 alone. The American people see this and are sick of it. It's not just me saying it. Bush has the lowest approval rating of a president EVER right now. That wasn't true four years ago.
.[/quote]

its sad to say this, but i have to agree full out with this statement....sorry Mr.Bush....

THE SHINIGAMI CLAN!
pm me if ya wanna be in it

XrachelleX(miyuki)--the death master
emiluvsjmusic(emi)--the humanity taker
SHELKE17(tears of blood)--the tearing heart
auran(Hiugchi)--the cheer taker
NejimaCrazy(Matser X)-sanity destroyer
shinigami13(nemo)-memory hoader
zachart(domogoto killa)-destroyer of light
jene(angel without wings)-blue eyes dragon
court jester of (_) Boring club (_)

(#53 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-05-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Ivon: I've decided to overlook your post. Mostly because I'm dealing with people from both sides. People who hate Americans and constantly assume the worst and Americans who fit those assumptions, which in the end becomes very hard to try and argue with both sides.
Lol you could always just agree with one side according to what in your opinion, is closer to the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't want to get into a policical argument, but the America of 2004 and the America of 2008 is very different. Bush won on a campaign of fear, not popularity. "Vote for me. I'll protect you." At that time the number one issue was Terrorism. It wasn't long after 9/11 and he was engaging who, at that time, we thought was the enemy.

Now the number one issue is the economy, not terrorism. Bush's policies have literally sent 100's of thousands of jobs overseas, millions have lost their homes. Gas prices are up over 300% since he took office, and we give tax breaks to the oil companies which made records profits in the 10s of billions in the first THREE MONTHS of 2008 alone. The American people see this and are sick of it. It's not just me saying it. Bush has the lowest approval rating of a president EVER right now. That wasn't true four years ago.

So that's why they would change now.
That might be well and good but i've been seeing a trend since I was young. That is, you get a president who goes and polices the globe then you get one who comes in after and cleans up the economy. Then you get another president again who polices the globe and people get sick of him and again a new president is chosen to clean up the mess.
So right now Obama might win but it's no gurantee that the America of 2012 will remember the mistakes of 2004, hence repeating them.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 06-05-2008 at 12:56 AM.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Meta77 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-05-2008, 01:24 AM

Obama for me. 1. Because it would be history making
2. I like him
3. To shu racist up.
and yea i find it funny because mccain and obama are distant cousins.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
06-05-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Lol you could always just agree with one side according to what in your opinion, is closer to the truth.
Uh no.
Because I have heavy disagreement with both sides. x.x

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#56 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-05-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
That might be well and good but i've been seeing a trend since I was young. That is, you get a president who goes and polices the globe then you get one who comes in after and cleans up the economy. Then you get another president again who polices the globe and people get sick of him and again a new president is chosen to clean up the mess.
So right now Obama might win but it's no gurantee that the America of 2012 will remember the mistakes of 2004, hence repeating them.
You asked why people would change and I answered. If you want to rationalize that way, that's fine. Every country goes through political turns and changes.

Naturally I cannot guarantee either Obama or McCain can win. I think a lot has to happen and will happen over the next 5 months. But just know that to even have a black man be nominated as the Democratic nominee is a huge deal in America, and it does show progress and shows the world that America may not be quite as racist as the world often thinks.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

06-05-2008, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't want to get into a policical argument, but the America of 2004 and the America of 2008 is very different. Bush won on a campaign of fear, not popularity. "Vote for me. I'll protect you." At that time the number one issue was Terrorism. It wasn't long after 9/11 and he was engaging who, at that time, we thought was the enemy.

Its in history that during time of war, the American people tend to reelect presidents, but i don't disagree with you ENTIRELY about that fear thing. This war has been long and even though we aren't really seeing effects in America like war activity, they are seeing a lot on their end. It has been ridiculously expensive and our debt has skyrocketed from clinton's time to bush's time, but that spending is inevitable in times of war. Our militia has done a lot over there, a lot. A lot of good things for not only our protection but other countries as well. Terrorism is in all countries and the largest group of terrorists are Muslim fanatics. In the past, there were a lot of 'free countries' or countries with lots of freedom. America is the last one and everyone knows it, you can't deny it. You can't deny America is a country where you can do anything. Its the most desired country to immigrate. That being said, this war is doing a lot of good at an expensive price, but that price is worth it. Its keeping our country free.

People say that we shouldn't have gotten into this war from the beginning? realllllyyyy. New York was attacked and thousands of people died. WE had to do something. If you know Americans, they don't take shit from no one. People from there 40s and up understand this. They saw how things worked from their parents time and from their childhood, especially from World War II. Most of them can understand that what we are doing over there is necessary, because freedom isn't free. Its expensive.

Look at us now. People want to leave their country to live in ours. We have the strongest economy, our hands are outstretched everywhere. People think we are in a recession, but more than half of the U.S. population doesn't know what a recession is. Or even what GDP is. Bush and our gov doesn't control gas prices. Its an imported good sold to us by foreign countries. The price is high because they can sell it high and higher. We just can't stop buying gas because the price is too high? gov tax on gas is something like +18 cents at the pump. GAS PRICES ARENT CONTROLLED BY BUSH OR THE GOV.

Lastly, Today, the younger generation (like me) are all brainwashed by the media. Wait don't blow up on this. Every single major media station whether it be CNN, FOX, or NBC and all those others including the LA and NY times are owned and controlled by liberals. FACT. look it up. Its so obvious, too. All the media is on Obama and Hilary. My generation watches a lot of TV and are easily influenced through advertising. Politics is all advertising. They are all liars. MTV is ridiculous, they advertise obama and hilarly like every ten minutes. Which reminds me what MMM said earlier. Something like 'obama has muslim ties so they would be less likely to attack us than if mccain were in office.' Im sorry but first can't you see that the muslim group is the one who attacked us in the first place and now your voting for one to be our president? hahahaha. Obama hasn't even had political experience. He's not going to know what to do besides listen to his advisors. Presidents are suppose to know what they are doing. they were originally also suppose to be war generals. Now, why the hell is congress all up in their business saying we have to approve before the president makes any movements on the battlefield. political correctness doesn't work. Muslim groups will have a key contact into the highest standing political figure and power in America. Everyone should be afraid of that. Why would Obama want to pull troops out? because the muslim groups he has ties to are telling him to (telling also consists of bribes on a humngous scale. haha you see his new house?) Whats his middle name again? like hussein or something. hahaha cmon people.

sorry for rant didn't mean to go on hahaha
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-05-2008, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
Its in history that during time of war, the American people tend to reelect presidents, but i don't disagree with you ENTIRELY about that fear thing. This war has been long and even though we aren't really seeing effects in America like war activity, they are seeing a lot on their end. It has been ridiculously expensive and our debt has skyrocketed from clinton's time to bush's time, but that spending is inevitable in times of war. Our militia has done a lot over there, a lot. A lot of good things for not only our protection but other countries as well. Terrorism is in all countries and the largest group of terrorists are Muslim fanatics. In the past, there were a lot of 'free countries' or countries with lots of freedom. America is the last one and everyone knows it, you can't deny it. You can't deny America is a country where you can do anything. Its the most desired country to immigrate. That being said, this war is doing a lot of good at an expensive price, but that price is worth it. Its keeping our country free.

People say that we shouldn't have gotten into this war from the beginning? realllllyyyy. New York was attacked and thousands of people died. WE had to do something. If you know Americans, they don't take shit from no one. People from there 40s and up understand this. They saw how things worked from their parents time and from their childhood, especially from World War II. Most of them can understand that what we are doing over there is necessary, because freedom isn't free. Its expensive.

Look at us now. People want to leave their country to live in ours. We have the strongest economy, our hands are outstretched everywhere. People think we are in a recession, but more than half of the U.S. population doesn't know what a recession is. Or even what GDP is. Bush and our gov doesn't control gas prices. Its an imported good sold to us by foreign countries. The price is high because they can sell it high and higher. We just can't stop buying gas because the price is too high? gov tax on gas is something like +18 cents at the pump. GAS PRICES ARENT CONTROLLED BY BUSH OR THE GOV.

Lastly, Today, the younger generation (like me) are all brainwashed by the media. Wait don't blow up on this. Every single major media station whether it be CNN, FOX, or NBC and all those others including the LA and NY times are owned and controlled by liberals. FACT. look it up. Its so obvious, too. All the media is on Obama and Hilary. My generation watches a lot of TV and are easily influenced through advertising. Politics is all advertising. They are all liars. MTV is ridiculous, they advertise obama and hilarly like every ten minutes. Which reminds me what MMM said earlier. Something like 'obama has muslim ties so they would be less likely to attack us than if mccain were in office.' Im sorry but first can't you see that the muslim group is the one who attacked us in the first place and now your voting for one to be our president? hahahaha. Obama hasn't even had political experience. He's not going to know what to do besides listen to his advisors. Presidents are suppose to know what they are doing. they were originally also suppose to be war generals. Now, why the hell is congress all up in their business saying we have to approve before the president makes any movements on the battlefield. political correctness doesn't work. Muslim groups will have a key contact into the highest standing political figure and power in America. Everyone should be afraid of that. Why would Obama want to pull troops out? because the muslim groups he has ties to are telling him to (telling also consists of bribes on a humngous scale. haha you see his new house?) Whats his middle name again? like hussein or something. hahaha cmon people.

sorry for rant didn't mean to go on hahaha
Wow... I disagree with you on so many levels.

Most of it's difference in perception (I disagree that the US is the most desirable country in the world to live in or the most "free", I also disagree that the war is a good idea and the media has a liberal bias) but you're implying that Obama is a Muslim which is COMPLETELY false. He's a Christian. Get your facts straight.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

06-05-2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Wow... I disagree with you on so many levels.

Most of it's difference in perception (I disagree that the US is the most desirable country in the world to live in or the most "free", I also disagree that the war is a good idea and the media has a liberal bias) but you're implying that Obama is a Muslim which is COMPLETELY false. He's a Christian. Get your facts straight.
Im sorry for my implications. There obviously no way to tell what the most desired country to live in is, but it is FACT that the U.S. is the country with the highest immigrants formally (applicants - correct procedure) and informally (illegal immigration). It is also FACT that major media news stations and newspapers of which i listed are owned and run by liberals. But its our opinions on whether its biased. No one knows but himself what his true religion is. I didn't mean to imply that he is Muslim, sorry if I did. But he definitley has muslim ties.

I'm not a hypocrite either. I think everything i hear, everything i see, its all advertising. they want you to believe something, whether its true or false. No one knows whether its true or false, no one, besides God. So, from everything i know about politics, current events, and history is only what i heard and i can't say fact. Come to think of it statistics could be wrong to. I didn't count the applicants or illegal immigrants so i can't know. No one knows anything. we are all brainwashed by advertising and power, greedy hungry people.

But what I firmly believe in, is that God had a hand in forming of our country. It should stay how He intended it to be, but we keep trying to change it to be political correct. This war is protecting our rights and freedoms, the ones that God gave to us. So I will stand to protect it because I think God knows what He's doing. Thats my thoughts/revelation
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-05-2008, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
Im sorry for my implications. There obviously no way to tell what the most desired country to live in is, but it is FACT that the U.S. is the country with the highest immigrants formally (applicants - correct procedure) and informally (illegal immigration). It is also FACT that major media news stations and newspapers of which i listed are owned and run by liberals. But its our opinions on whether its biased. No one knows but himself what his true religion is. I didn't mean to imply that he is Muslim, sorry if I did. But he definitley has muslim ties.

I'm not a hypocrite either. I think everything i hear, everything i see, its all advertising. they want you to believe something, whether its true or false. No one knows whether its true or false, no one, besides God. So, from everything i know about politics, current events, and history is only what i heard and i can't say fact. Come to think of it statistics could be wrong to. I didn't count the applicants or illegal immigrants so i can't know. No one knows anything. we are all brainwashed by advertising and power, greedy hungry people.

But what I firmly believe in, is that God had a hand in forming of our country. It should stay how He intended it to be, but we keep trying to change it to be political correct. This war is protecting our rights and freedoms, the ones that God gave to us. So I will stand to protect it because I think God knows what He's doing. Thats my thoughts/revelation
I'm curious to know what these Muslim ties are and how this is a bad thing.

And there is no way to know whether, or to what degree the media is telling you the truth I suppose... but I wonder..... where are you getting the information from which form your opinion?

As for the God part? I don't believe in God... but I'd like to know how you figure that God favours America over other nations. As far as I understand the Christian God founded Earth and values ALL it's people.