JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Online Personality .vs. Real Personality? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/19450-online-personality-vs-real-personality.html)

Undertherose25 04-27-2009 07:17 PM

I can safely say that my personalities are similar but opposite.

Online I come across as rude, blunt and kind of generally 'meh', most of the time I'm polite on forums and slowly revert to my personality so people get used to it rather than being labeled a 'troll' immediately. Basically I'm all humor online, I don't take anything seriously and it baffles me why people take me so serious :rolleyes: [unless its like 'I'm gonna kill myself!' type of thing or if I befriend someone then I get serious of course].

In real life I'm shy at first and I tend to be really polite and laugh nervously. And when I warm up to a person I do get blunt, vulgar and loud but playfully. I have a sarcastic sense of humor and everyone, including myself, is a target. I'm also a very sunny person but not that bubble 'Omg Ashley!' type I just smile and laugh a lot and generally enjoy life.

SaintKat 04-27-2009 09:17 PM

My personality doesn't really change, I'm still the same person either way. I really value my personal space and solo pursuits in real life though.

nobora 04-28-2009 01:13 AM

Im pretty much the same exept on here im a bit more open in real life im shy around people i have just met LOL

ebonyneko 04-28-2009 01:24 AM

If anything my bad traits are worse in real life. I'm shy which comes off as snobby to some people, I'm more snarky and I'm really quiet and hard to hear appearently. Recently at a con I saw a whole bunch of people from my friends list on livejournal and I was too shy to approach them. Blah!

ozkai 04-28-2009 02:58 AM

Online Personality .vs. Real Personality?

No comparison.

My real personality oozes with character and warmth and am the sort of guy that girls just love to call a friend:)

Guys on the other hand envy my ways;)

DSX 04-29-2009 06:40 PM

Not much of a comparison between my online and two IRL personalities at all.

Online Personality

1. Arrogant
2. Perverted
3. Extroverted
4. More flirtatious than I'd normally dare to be IRL (I guess it's because I can't be slapped if I say the wrong thing over the internet)
5. Humorous, or at least I attempt to be
6. Insane at times

Real Life Personality (Inside of school)

1. Silent/shy
2. Apparently nerdy/geeky (I think of myself as my own thing, but those two seemingly apply to me because of my build, intelligence and glasses)
3. Horrible at speaking to girls (that I'm interested in, anyways)
4. Somewhat aloof and pensive
5. A wisecracker. I joke/rib a lot

Real Life Personality (Outside of school)

1. Withdrawn. I keep to myself a lot.
2. Somehow still extroverted. (Midtrovert?)
3. Wisecracker with those I know.

Yeah, online I might be construed as an arrogant perverted a-hole, but in real life I'm MUCH more introverted.

Might take some traits from my online personale and place them into my real life ones, since online I have better luck with the ladies...

Pexster 04-29-2009 06:41 PM

-_-'

I believe you pervert. hahaha

DSX 04-29-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pexster (Post 706963)
-_-'

I believe you pervert. hahaha

Ah, shaddup!

*Grope*

Pexster 04-29-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSX (Post 706970)
Ah, shaddup!

*Grope*

O_O *slapps*

yeah you forgot to mention Fake God. hahahaha

DSX 04-29-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pexster (Post 706971)
O_O *slapps*

yeah you forgot to mention Fake God. hahahaha

*Rubs my now-reddened cheek*

Couldn't help it.

Fake God? That's YOUR personality, not mine.