(#81 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
02-26-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
I have high doubts about that. America is sort of a bully when you look at all the things that we did to multiple countries. BTW... why are you targeting me? I'm just saying the truth and stating my opinion. Nothing wrong with that. If there is find another person to bother because I'm don't have the patience for people like you.
First calm down man
Im sorry if you think im picking on you because im not and that was not my intention. I was just stating that this cycle has been around since the dawn of empires its the way of the world. The largest fish in the pond is always considered bully but that bully does not always stay on top and sometimes there are more than 1 bully.

I never even stated that you were wrong about some of your statements. Except the fact that you mention the bombings in WWII in retrospect to the situation that we are facing today you never stated clearly why you think that way.

The truth has 2 sides my friend try thinking outside the box and i dont mean as a citizen of a country i mean as a memeber of the human race. Your opinion is more than welcome if it was not i would not even have bothered to quote your post. If you cant take a friendly debate or some critisim to your own statements then im sorry but this is a discussion when you post expect others to reply to your statements.

To quote one more of your statements "look at all the things weve done to other countries". Yea we have done some shitty things to other countries and to our own people. Name a country in the world that does not have some type of sorid past when dealing with other nations. I will give you a recent example go look at some current events involving China and Africa that get glanced over because people are more focused on Tibet (not to pick on China) like i said think outside the box man.

Once again I apologize if you thought i was picking on you i really was not.

(#82 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

02-27-2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I wish it was going to be that simple MMM. I have no doubt you will be forced to close the thread in a day or 2. The actually topic itself has not been discussed for several pages.

So iv basically given up on having a decent discussion after post like the above mentioned.
Don't worry Sinetra, we can always delete the troll posts, the boat people and get back on topic.

asahi.com

Anyway, looks like Japan is getting a bit tired of US's presence.

日本の防衛は日本が責任を

Makes sense to me.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-27-2009, 02:23 AM

I am going to delete unneeded/off-topic posts. I may make a mistake, but that sometimes happens in a clean up.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-27-2009, 02:28 AM

Japan's relationship with Russia is just started to be thawed considerably.

This is another correlated sign of Japan being frustrated by the dominant American inflluence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
China's meddling in Tibet
Didn't UK formally recognize Chinese sovereignty in Tibet several months ago? China's influence is just getting bigger and I don't see any problem with that.

UK recognises China's direct rule over Tibet - Telegraph

Last edited by komitsuki : 02-27-2009 at 02:31 AM.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

02-27-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Japan's relationship with Russia is just started to be thawed considerably.

This is another correlated sign of Japan being frustrated by the dominant American inflluence.
Im seeing that as well and its interesting as we are talking about this. I just watched a news program about whats happening in Russia apparently somethings have caught up with them. They are getting hit pretty hard right now economically which i didnt think was the case I thought they were still in a boom apparently not. Their stocks are down 80% and they have raised a huge tax on foreign cars i wonder how this would influence any trade with Japan.

(#86 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

02-27-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Im seeing that as well and its interesting as we are talking about this. I just watched a news program about whats happening in Russia apparently somethings have caught up with them. They are getting hit pretty hard right now economically which i didnt think was the case I thought they were still in a boom apparently not. Their stocks are down 80% and they have raised a huge tax on foreign cars i wonder how this would influence any trade with Japan.
From your friendly Canadian newspaper. Russia needs a new and creative breakthrough for its economy and diplomacy. This is something that America lost in touch of.

globeandmail.com: Japan, Russia make scant progress on island row
(#87 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

02-27-2009, 03:48 AM

Honestly at this point im worried about not just my own country the US but many others as well. As much as many nations talk about working together it never seems to fully come to fruition. I myself in and around DC have see many changes in Americans which is a positive sign but as much as i hope for normal Americans to learn certain lessons our politican who make policy are another matter. The same can be said for many other nations.

Ironically global warming which is considered a bad thing will be to Russias advantage as the ice caps melt and open up previously inaccessible natural gas and oil sites. If Russia keeps raising taxes on every foreign thing that comes in the country people wont buy as much therefore place like Japan wont export as much and will see a new place to do so.

American and Russian ties are starting to warm a little which is better than nothing. With some real sit down politics and leaders who know what the hell they are doing i feel some real progress could be made.

4 countries i would love see work together are
Japan
USA
Russia
India

But the US also needs to start paying attention to South America again they are vital as well. Despite what some think i do not think Americas best days are behind her Americans do learn from their mistakes and we do when we are unhappy with politicians we do what every American has the right to do we vote their busted asses out of office. I have high not unrealistic hopes that this new administration will work as equals with Japan which is what the leader of DJP stated in the article

Last edited by Sinestra : 02-27-2009 at 03:51 AM.
(#88 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
02-27-2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
First calm down man
Im sorry if you think im picking on you because im not and that was not my intention. I was just stating that this cycle has been around since the dawn of empires its the way of the world. The largest fish in the pond is always considered bully but that bully does not always stay on top and sometimes there are more than 1 bully.

I never even stated that you were wrong about some of your statements. Except the fact that you mention the bombings in WWII in retrospect to the situation that we are facing today you never stated clearly why you think that way.

The truth has 2 sides my friend try thinking outside the box and i dont mean as a citizen of a country i mean as a memeber of the human race. Your opinion is more than welcome if it was not i would not even have bothered to quote your post. If you cant take a friendly debate or some critisim to your own statements then im sorry but this is a discussion when you post expect others to reply to your statements.

To quote one more of your statements "look at all the things weve done to other countries". Yea we have done some shitty things to other countries and to our own people. Name a country in the world that does not have some type of sorid past when dealing with other nations. I will give you a recent example go look at some current events involving China and Africa that get glanced over because people are more focused on Tibet (not to pick on China) like i said think outside the box man.

Once again I apologize if you thought i was picking on you i really was not.
Apology accepted. But you don't have to apologize; i do. I'm the one that got carried away with this thread. My bad. You're right in more ways than one. I should try and see other sides of this jumbled equation.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

02-27-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
I have high not unrealistic hopes that this new administration will work as equals with Japan which is what the leader of DJP stated in the article
I don't have any hope to see LDP's dictatorship in the future. Is it just me is America's involvement in Japanese politics is very brutal than we expected via LDP?

Anyway, almost all of the current high-profile LDP politicians should be arrested or be executed for the sake of the Japanese citizens, IMO.
(#90 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
02-27-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
I don't have any hope to see LDP's dictatorship in the future. Is it just me is America's involvement in Japanese politics is very brutal than we expected via LDP?

Anyway, almost all of the current high-profile LDP politicians should be arrested or be executed for the sake of the Japanese citizens, IMO.
What does LDP stand for? Sorry to ask this. I feel so stupid now.