LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-27-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
What does LDP stand for? Sorry to ask this. I feel so stupid now.
Liberal Democratic Party... the dominant political party of Japan for almost a half a century.

For very few Japanese people, it is called the American CIA representative in Japan.
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
02-27-2009, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Liberal Democratic Party... the dominant political party of Japan for almost a half a century.

For very few Japanese people, it is called the American CIA representative in Japan.
Ah but the DPJ lead stated in the article that working with the US would still be a very high priority IF they could work as equals and not Japan just following along. I do not think this is unreasonable. Reevaluating and revamping how something works instead of just ending it can be far more lucrative.

I wonder once we get pass this crises and things turn around will you still see of the same rhetoric we see now? I think not who wants to bitch when things are going great it when they get bad everyone and their mother who all of a sudden thinks they are an economist comes out of the woodwork.

(#93 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

02-27-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ah but the DPJ lead stated in the article that working with the US would still be a very high priority IF they could work as equals and not Japan just following along. I do not think this is unreasonable. Reevaluating and revamping how something works instead of just ending it can be far more lucrative.
It's better than LDP which is still the America's loyal slave. America never had an equal relationship with Japan. Too bad that there have been people who still believe that it is equal.

Quote:
I wonder once we get pass this crises and things turn around will you still see of the same rhetoric we see now? I think not who wants to bitch when things are going great it when they get bad everyone and their mother who all of a sudden thinks they are an economist comes out of the woodwork.
First of all, what are you talking about? Half of what you said doesn't make any sense. Don't be too angry, please.

I'm going to guess what you said for my response. Here goes: What a limited thinking. It only proves that the most ideal global economy shouldn't be exclusively dictated by one superpower country.

Global economy? What a lie. It has always been controlled by America. Behold the former glory of petrodollar indeed.

America already messed up the world's economy deeper than we expected. Why would the rest of the world respect and trust America now?

Last edited by komitsuki : 02-27-2009 at 06:00 AM.
(#94 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
02-27-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Why would the rest of the world respect and trust America now?
Cuz we got the nukes.....haha, jk.

I will say that Japan did owe at least in some part their prosperity to America because for about 40+ years, they didn't need to defend themselves as America did it for them. Which translates to virtually no defense budget=more money for economy and what-not. One can complain about how the US only hurt Japan and so on but still, I think this needs to be mentioned.
(#95 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

02-27-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
Which translates to virtually no defense budget=more money for economy and what-not. One can complain about how the US only hurt Japan and so on but still, I think this needs to be mentioned.
You sure? The Japanese Naval SDF is larger than Canada's, and more expensive. And Japan has invested a lot for their "self defense" for a long time. Remember the series of modern Mitsubishi fighter jets?

America's military role in Japan is usu. situated in Okinawa... guess where it is pointing its guns at? Yes, China.
(#96 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-27-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
China's meddling in Tibet, Sudan, Zimbabwe
Russia's meddling in many of it's former Soviet territories such as the Ukraine, Georgia (they even invaded Georgia!)
How can you say China is meddling with Tibet? That's like saying the US is meddling with Texas

As for Georgia, it's a bit more complicated than saying meddling. Russias invasion was more of a retaliation, rather than a meddling. It was still the US that was meddling!
(#97 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

02-27-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:

First of all, what are you talking about? Half of what you said doesn't make any sense. Don't be too angry, please.

I'm going to guess what you said for my response. Here goes: What a limited thinking. It only proves that the most ideal global economy shouldn't be exclusively dictated by one superpower country.

Global economy? What a lie. It has always been controlled by America. Behold the former glory of petrodollar indeed.

America already messed up the world's economy deeper than we expected. Why would the rest of the world respect and trust America now?
Are you under the impression im angry about something? Because im really not im pretty much one of the only ones that does not take pot shots at other countries even though i have more than enough ammo to do so but people tend to look blindly at their own country.

What i was saying in my statement was i wonder what kind of RHETORIC will we see after the economy starts to recover. My point is..... there are always people who would rather bitch and moan than actually solving the problem. You wont hear a peep out of some figures for years but the second something bad happens their fiery rhetoric burns brighter than the sun. Some people thrive on conflict and hatred and use this as their platform.

Also about respect and trust give me 1 reason to trust or respect any other country? (this is just hypothetical) and i don't want a biased view i want a 3rd party view. You also have to look at how other countries were handling their money as well it goes a lot deeper than you think. But the US is a huge part of the problem.

I will defend the US when it needs it and i will criticize the US when it deserves it. I do not blindly defend my country when our leaders have done something i consider wrong. However, the one and only aggravation i have is its very easy to forget the good the US has done when times are rough when the world cant blame the US for its problems it will find another target its like grade school.

Rome
Persia
Britain
France

have all been in the similar situations the cycle is never ending.

(#98 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

02-27-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Are you under the impression im angry about something? Because im really not im pretty much one of the only ones that does not take pot shots at other countries even though i have more than enough ammo to do so but people tend to look blindly at their own country.
My impression is: "America, be productive or be ridiculed by the world."

At least the Japanese is trying to purge the American elements in its system. Kudos for that.

Quote:
What i was saying in my statement was i wonder what kind of RHETORIC will we see after the economy starts to recover. My point is..... there are always people who would rather bitch and moan than actually solving the problem. You wont hear a peep out of some figures for years but the second something bad happens their fiery rhetoric burns brighter than the sun. Some people thrive on conflict and hatred and use this as their platform.
Um... I don't see any problems with criticizing/hating/conflicting the American government when a lot of Americans are doing this right now. Bravo.

I only find most average Americans and American policies very ridiculous. Please prove me wrong since I don't like to think like this in the first place. Of course, as a person who used to grow up in America.

Quote:
Also about respect and trust give me 1 reason to trust or respect any other country? (this is just hypothetical) and i don't want a biased view i want a 3rd party view. You also have to look at how other countries were handling their money as well it goes a lot deeper than you think. But the US is a huge part of the problem.
And America's problem is everybody's problem... including all of the Asian countries. Way to go, America.

Quote:
I will defend the US when it needs it and i will criticize the US when it deserves it. I do not blindly defend my country when our leaders have done something i consider wrong. However, the one and only aggravation i have is its very easy to forget the good the US has done when times are rough when the world cant blame the US for its problems it will find another target its like grade school.
Approving the anti-democratic dictatorship of Park Chung-hee in South Korea decades ago? Force-releasing pro-Imperial-Japanese Korean civil servants (AKA traitors) right after WWII so they can run the South Korean government? Both of them were done by the American government.

Now, that's a good thing, isn't it?
(#99 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

02-27-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:

At least the Japanese is trying to purge the American elements in its system. Kudos for that.

Quote:
Um... I don't see any problems with criticizing/hating/conflicting the American government when a lot of Americans are doing this right now, more and more. Bravo.

I only find most average Americans and American policies very ridiculous. Please prove me wrong since I don't like to think like this in the first place. Of course, I as a person who used to grow up in America.

Quote:
And America's problem is everybody's problem... including all of the Asian countries. Way to go, America.

Quote:
Approving the anti-democratic dictatorship of Park Chung-hee in South Korea decades ago? Force-releasing pro-Imperial-Japanese Korean civil servants (AKA traitors) right after WWII so they can run the South Korean government? Both of them were done by the American government.

(#100 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

02-27-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:

Um... I don't see any problems with criticizing/hating/conflicting the American government when a lot of Americans are doing this right now, more and more. Bravo.

I only find most average Americans and American policies very ridiculous. Please prove me wrong since I don't like to think like this in the first place. Of course, I as a person who used to grow up in America.

Sigh you and i are just going circles your not understanding what im saying im obviously not seeing your point of view well enough. Look i indirectly blame Europe for my ancestors being slaves i can also blame them for why Africa has ended up the way it has YES ITS THEIR FAULT. I can blame England for the crap they did in India. The circle just keeps going man American is not the first and not the last country that will piss people off.

Fine you have your view America has done nothing good EVER in the entire history that it has been existence. Why am i saying this? because you post made it sound so.

Like i said i respect your opinion and apparently you say no other country has their hands dirty other than the US. Even Ronin4hire is more bilateral and hes not the biggest US fan. So we will agree to disagree on certain matters.

MY MAIN CONCERN is that certain countries work equally with one another to fix this problem and continue friendships based on respect.

Good talk to you mate if you want to talk some more just PM me.