JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   What's wrong with Americans? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/24517-whats-wrong-americans.html)

SSJup81 04-16-2009 05:39 PM

I don't see how anyone can "hate America" who lives here. Go live in a third-world country or a country where you have close to no rights what-so-ever! I like this country fine, even though there are things this country should be criticized for and I'm quick to do it, but I still don't hate this place. I personally feel that this country in general needs to focus more on learning about other cultures and countries and find it odd how it's not emphasized more than what it is due to this country being a melting pot of many cultures and people. Education is another thing this country needs to be criticized for.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangetsu (Post 698848)
Exactly how do things "suck" in America right now?

The main thing "sucking" in America now is the economy, but that's not just limited to here, so I don't see how anyone could actually use the argument when the whole world is having its share of hardships currently. In other words, I agree with you.

Debi 04-16-2009 05:46 PM

Mass media as a weapon of propangada could also be criticized.

But there is a wide range of countries between USA and third-world country.
The argument "USA > third world country / so you can't hate them" is very discutable

pumpum 04-16-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debi (Post 698924)

THUMBS DOWN ???????

EXACTAMU****f*****GMUNDO !!!!!!!

are u crazy?? she would burn the hairs on your chest if she walked past shes that hot lol :D

MMM 04-16-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koikurasu (Post 698893)
I lol'ed a 'lil, but yeah that is kinda goofy, to think an entire neighborhood wouldn't have enough common sense :rolleyes:

Where I live we have Yard Debris recycle bins that are picked up regularly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by koikurasu (Post 698897)
I can understand that Debi, I can't even begin to try and comprehend whats going on at the white house. :P All in all, I like the current Pres, I just don'y like that he's like a celebrity though. I think that the only reason he won was because all the famous people voted for him. But that's just me. ^_^

You really think the only reason he won was because famous people voted for him? Seriously?

TalnSG 04-16-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangetsu (Post 698851)
Religion is merely a belief. It is people who give it voice and action. Too often religion is a tool used to oppress and control rather than as a means toward happiness, peace, or salvation.

God is not shooting people, nor is he telling them to blow themselves up and kill others to further his glory. So it's obviously the people who are at war, and so it is against those people we fight.

Not to argue with your point, but if you are going to define a term, define it correctly. Religion is a system of practices and beliefs. Faith is the belief, and there is often a vast difference in the two.

iPhantom 04-16-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpum (Post 698916)
thats because there is no such thing !!

2 names for ya though ! -

Jessica Alba
Scarlett Johannsen

Olga Kurylenko is way hotter. However American women are more famous because they are in hollywood but trust me, Europe has lots of hot girls + they differ from nation to nation A LOT.

isisbathory 04-16-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cridgit001 (Post 698881)
I own the world? Since when. I see no deed for it?

Maybe you don't, but some do, or at least they put that sort of thoughts in other people's mind.
Dont take me bad.
Its also a shame that because of some, the rest of a "nation" gets a bad image.

Debi 04-16-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isisbathory (Post 699000)
Maybe you don't, but some do, or at least they put that sort of thoughts in other people's mind.
Dont take me bad.
Its also a shame that because of some, the rest of a "nation" gets a bad image.

What you can commonly hear if arguing with an american about war in Iraq :

"we are so strong, we could beat the s*** out of anyone in the world, Russia, China and all those f*** doesnt stand a chance in front of our army. If they live it's because we let them live. blablabla, american rocks, chinese sucks, blablabla"

isisbathory 04-16-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debi (Post 699002)
What you can commonly hear if arguing with an american about war in Iraq :

"we are so strong, we could beat the s*** out of anyone in the world, Russia, China and all those f*** doesnt stand a chance in front of our army. If they live it's because we let them live. blablabla, american rocks, chinese sucks, blablabla"

I dont live in the middle of americans, so I cant say if they all speak like that, but the truth is that, some do.
And I actually think that, if one day russians really get fed up, then we will see the "strong americans", I am not russian or anything, but from what I've been "seeing", they are the kind of people with who I wouldnt like to mess up at all...

Debi 04-16-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isisbathory (Post 699008)
I dont live in the middle of americans, so I cant say if they all speak like that, but the truth is that, some do.
And I actually think that, if one day russians really get fed up, then we will see the "strong americans", I am not russian or anything, but from what I've been "seeing", they are the kind of people with who I wouldnt like to mess up at all...

Who is stronger than who is pretty irrelevant.
What I wanted to point out is, you will rarely hear any modesty from the americans.

I doubt you will ever hear an american say : "Oh you know.. we are not all that powerful.. it's pretty much overrated" or whatever.

They all know they are strong, they are not modest about it.

I guess it is one of the few generality we can say about americans : Not modest.