JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Is there a doctor in the house? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/25228-there-doctor-house.html)

Nendoroid 05-17-2009 04:00 AM

Is there a doctor in the house?

No, seriously; is there?

I've been suffering from tonsil stones (tonsilloliths) for about 5 to 6 months now and I have to cough up and poke my tonsils every two weeks to get the gunk out of my tonsils. Fortunately I don't suffer from bad breath unlike most victims, I just have irritation from it and nearly gag every time I poke them out. I've been doing some research on it and it seems that the only solution to curing this is to get my tonsils completely removed surgically; which I don't plan to do because it could ruin my singing abilities, not to mention the extreme pain. My tonsils have been very large from birth and I was wondering if there is any cure to this. All I have found were internet products that didn't look so trustworthy. Does this eventually go away? Does it get worse?

Thanks to anyone who has any idea.

iPhantom 05-17-2009 07:56 AM

Can't you just ask a doctor IRL or go to a medical forum o.O

ozkai 05-17-2009 09:12 AM

Second that!

Sounds like a medical issue.

A doctor or health website would definitely do the job.

Miyavifan 05-17-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nendoroid (Post 717754)
I've been doing some research on it and it seems that the only solution to curing this is to get my tonsils completely removed surgically; which I don't plan to do because it could ruin my singing abilities, not to mention the extreme pain.

I got my tonsils removed when I was really young, and my ability to sing wasn't hurt at all.

and you don't feel anything either, because they knock you out.

and I was able to eat graham crackers right when I got home. If it had hurt, there's no way I'd have been able to do that.

SHAD0W 05-17-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyavifan (Post 717979)
I got my tonsils removed when I was really young, and my ability to sing wasn't hurt at all.

That sounds really good Miyavifan, would you be so kind as to show us a few notes?

Miyavifan 05-17-2009 08:59 PM

unfortunately I'm at the library, and an unable to.

Kenpachi11 05-17-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyavifan (Post 717979)

and you don't feel anything either, because they knock you out.

and I was able to eat graham crackers right when I got home. If it had hurt, there's no way I'd have been able to do that.

i got my tonsils removed when i was really young also i was like 3? mine were already rotten and was making me sick all the time.

Miyavifan 05-17-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 717996)
i got my tonsils removed when i was really young also i was like 3? mine were already rotten and was making me sick all the time.

wow. I think that's younger than I was. and they were rotten? I didn't know that was possible. Mine only made my throat hurt.

Kenpachi11 05-17-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyavifan (Post 718009)
wow. I think that's younger than I was. and they were rotten? I didn't know that was possible. Mine only made my throat hurt.

they were rotten or infected really really badly but i think they said that they were rotten. thats what my mom tells me.

Miyavifan 05-17-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 718011)
they were rotten or infected really really badly but i think they said that they were rotten. thats what my mom tells me.

yikes... just yikes...

but it's all good now.?