LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
It really doesn't matter to me because I hate the woman and would never vote for her, you go right ahead. Have a party.

Another reason to vote for Palin for President, NOT!
I thought everyone knew that that meant not a reason. I'm sorry if I confused you.
How old are you? I already made an comment on this whole "hating" process and it IS childish to say such an thing. It doesn't matter wither you disagree with her, or would not vote for her.

Negative is still and negative.

Note she is also on hear 20th ethic complaint, do you not see the ridiculous in this?

I asked you to contrast it with your previous post. You did not. I pointed out the article is hearsay. You pointed out the article supposedly begs to ask why she gets so many ethics complaints which I remind you the VAST majority get thrown away.

I'll put in simple, in what way does that article support the argument you shouldn't vote for her, WHEN it is all hearsay? You don't take gossip as fact do you, same principle applies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
People are actually arguing about this harhar. Well, i say its bad for Democrats cuz now they don't have some religious right wing extremist to use as an example. I thought she was the greatest thing to happen to democrats. hahaha
Evidence to support your argument.

Do you live in America? You do know around 80% of the country "says" they are Christians SO how can you call her an "religious right wing extremist"? In light of that information how do you content that around 80% percent of the country is extremists?

Your seriously mistaken if you honestly believe that she is what you call her.

On an different note by extension would you call me one also?

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post

Bristol was 17 (I thought she was 16 I was wrong in that) when she was pregnant. IT does not discount what I have been saying all along, and still stands even when shes 18 people need to leave her alone.

Prove your point? In what way (provide evidence to support)? They were articles talking about children and crime. That said this relates to anothere saying... being mature for your age. When they are TRIED for murder it IS taken into account how much danger they would be to society (they have to let them out at either 18 or 21 regardless of sentence if they are NOT tried as adults).

Saying I have do not value others opinion is baseless without evidence.

Explain this.

Everyone opinion is equal point to make. Withholding that rule, debates (like this one) does not take into account "ones opinion" but rather challenge that view, to which is happening now. Your Opinion and mine WILL not remain unscathed coming into an place like this.

Fox news eh? I don't believe I have posted few if not none form fox news, care to provide evidence? That said you do know fox news is they most watched news network?

Q2 Cable Ratings: FNC Dominance; Up Across the Board; 10 Top Shows - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

Last to add, opinions are just that opinions. To which does not make something true hence WHY I keep asking for evidence.

You are the first to pull something like this on me. Google is an search engine I presume you know that, but in an ditch effort to annoy me. Now can you stop with the nonsense and actually do some research to support your argument?

You should then explain that later you would provide some, over telling me to LOOK up information to provide merit to your claim. I'm not debating a search engine. Saying I should look it up is an incredible poor excuse, try to pull that on your boss, teachers, or mentors.
User Authentication

User Authentication

User Authentication

Sorry I forgot you were a teacher of mine, how silly of me. I would never try anything like that with a boss or teacher. I don't think it was a cop out or excuse at all. I was trying to prove to you it was as simple as searching google. You didn't like that... sorry... i guess. Ill remember that next time Im discussing my opinion with someone on a forum. And it wasn't an exuse, I didn't have time to post articles. Its as simple as that. I thought if I showed you some interesting articles and discussions on boards about the topic, you may actually take a look. I guess not Ill try harder next time.

And yes sorry I didn't really mean fox news in specifically I just meant conservative news. It was sarcasm, my bad. You degraded articles that were left wing liberal, I just assumed you were on the far right conservative. I made an assumption, my fault.

And about her being an adult, she was 18 when the comment was made. She is an adult. I think children should be left out, don't get me wrong. But she is no longer a child. When the family is treated like they are celebrities then they can be treated the same way other celebrities are. It doesn't make it ok, but it does happen in the media. When the father of Bristols kid is being interviewed on cable tv, you are a celeb in my book. When her husband is the judge of the Miss America pageant, you are now a celeb. Take the good and the bad you receive from being a celebrity. Thats my two cents. Take it or leave it.

About the articles on being and "adult". It proved my point because they all stated that being mentally as mature as an adult was a factor. This is what I have been saying all along. There isn't a magical switch that makes you and adult. You never answered these questions from before so ill ask again. Are you really that much more of an adult at 17 years 354 days than you are when your exactly 18? Is there some magical thing that makes you turn into an adult? Thats all im trying to say is you can be an adult or as mature as an adult before you turn 18. She was pregnant when she was 17, I would consider her an adult.... i feel like i have said this all before.

And whats your point about it being the #1 station. Does that make it always correct? Is it then always 100% factual? Its still just opinions, just because lots of people have the same opinion, doesn't make it fact.

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.

Last edited by Barone1551 : 07-16-2009 at 04:05 AM.
(#93 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
07-16-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Evidence to support your argument.

Do you live in America? You do know around 80% of the country "says" they are Christians SO how can you call her an "religious right wing extremist"? In light of that information how do you content that around 80% percent of the country is extremists?

Your seriously mistaken if you honestly believe that she is what you call her.

On an different note by extension would you call me one also?
Hmmmmm. *sigh* I don't feel like arguing or stating facts to you, this is ridiculous. Anyone states an opinion or feeling and you jump on them. Arguing online is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. You want facts go find them yourself. I stated my opinion and i stand by it. Watch tv read the news look online and you'll see why. if you don't that's your problem. And you could be one depends(and you say 80% of America are Christians but do they go flaunting it and forcing it on people, all 80%). who knows i don't know you, yet Sara Palin and all her problems and associations have been seen in the media. I stated my opinion deal with it.

PS, i still stand by this--->Shes a right wing extremist, who seems to have as many brain cells as a lampshade. Good riddance, don't care if she comes back.

Bye-Bye

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#94 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
Sorry I forgot you were a teacher of mine, how silly of me. I would never try anything like that with a boss or teacher. I don't think it was a cop out or excuse at all. I was trying to prove to you it was as simple as searching google. You didn't like that... sorry... i guess. Ill remember that next time Im discussing my opinion with someone on a forum. And it wasn't an exuse, I didn't have time to post articles. Its as simple as that. I thought if I showed you some interesting articles and discussions on boards about the topic, you may actually take a look. I guess not Ill try harder next time.

And yes sorry I didn't really mean fox news in specifically I just meant conservative news. It was sarcasm, my bad. You degraded articles that were left wing liberal, I just assumed you were on the far right conservative. I made an assumption, my fault.

And about her being an adult, she was 18 when the comment was made. She is an adult. I think children should be left out, don't get me wrong. But she is no longer a child. When the family is treated like they are celebrities then they can be treated the same way other celebrities are. It doesn't make it ok, but it does happen in the media. When the father of Bristols kid is being interviewed on cable tv, you are a celeb in my book. When her husband is the judge of the Miss America pageant, you are now a celeb. Take the good and the bad you receive from being a celebrity. Thats my two cents. Take it or leave it.

About the articles on being and "adult". It proved my point because they all stated that being mentally as mature as an adult was a factor. This is what I have been saying all along. There isn't a magical switch that makes you and adult. You never answered these questions from before so ill ask again. Are you really that much more of an adult at 17 years 354 days than you are when your exactly 18? Is there some magical thing that makes you turn into an adult? Thats all im trying to say is you can be an adult or as mature as an adult before you turn 18. She was pregnant when she was 17, I would consider her an adult.... i feel like i have said this all before.

And whats your point about it being the #1 station. Does that make it always correct? Is it then always 100% factual? Its still just opinions, just because lots of people have the same opinion, doesn't make it fact.
You very well knew what I meant about the "teacher, mentor, boss" comment. So what is the point of the "user identification"?

You don't get it, YOU don't ask SOMEONE else to LOOK up INFORMATION, that YOU are supposed to PROVIDE. No saying you don't have time is NO excuse, really go tell that to someone else and see how far you get!

really? I don't look at what others have posted? Seriously? Evidence points toward I do on this thread.

I don't read blog spots if that is what your asking. I don't care what news I get AS LONG as it is fair, to which huffington post is not. I don't usually watch Hannity, nor do I listen to talk radio. I do have news on around the day. At the most consistent people I listen to is O'reilly, Glenn, and Gretta (yes they are all fox news and I do find fox news to be the most natural network) Interesting about those is Glenn is an libertarian, O'reilly is an independent I don't know what Gretta is. Both O'reilly and glenn have conservative views.

Daily Kos: WTF is Going on at the Huffington Post?

On Palin: Huffington Post Wallowing in Sexist Mud - Cam Battley - Open Salon

Daily Kos: WTF is Going on at the Huffington Post?

This one you posted was vile and I can say that with clarity.

Sarah Palin Continues To Drag Daughter Through Mud For Political Gain - Liberal Values - Defending Liberty and Enlightened Thought

As I have stated Children of Public figures are to be left alone. She is not an public speaker AND child of Sarah Palin. I was wrong on her age, and her being 18 does not bar that. Legally she is an adult, emotionally like you where saying does play a role her too. That said my point still stands. I have also stated celebrities SHOULD NOT be treated the way they are, as such the Palins (wither you believe they are an celebrity is not the issue) take from that also. This comes home to saying it's not ok, but still letting it happen is wrong. You don't believe it is right correct? Then why don't you stand against it? This is the point, you don't let something that is wrong go on do you?

Your missing an key point there, they say AS an adult to which they understand they actions. They also beg to differ on wither children should be tried as adults and provide arguments against that. I have said I was going from the LEGAL and PSYCHOLOGICALLY when you are considered and adult. I have answered the question. Legally yes it does make an difference. The psychological part you have ignored me making. To which one I say i bet a lot of 21 year old are not mature enough to be considered an adult. So without knowing Bristol I'm still going to consider her a child until she proves shes an adult (question then begs to differ how does one prove, to which I reply in time).

COMMENTATORS have opinions NOT NEWSCASTERS. Yes there is an point in providing that information, think about it.

Read these

Barack Obama: Back Away From Attacks Against Sarah Palin's Family | HULIQ

COLEMAN CONDEMNS ATTACKS AGAINST HIS WIFE AND FAMILY - Blog - ColemanForSenate.com

Family an unacceptable target for political attacks - Opinion

Polticial Children: Another Casualty in the War of Politics - Blog - Make Media Matter - IFC.com

For political families, there's no effective filter for embarrassment

It's not just me that is saying this.

Quote:
Hmmmmm. *sigh* I don't feel like arguing or stating facts to you, this is ridiculous. Anyone states an opinion or feeling and you jump on them. Arguing online is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. You want facts go find them yourself. I stated my opinion and i stand by it. Watch tv read the news look online and you'll see why. if you don't that's your problem. And you could be one depends(and you say 80% of America are Christians but do they go flaunting it and forcing it on people, all 80%). who knows i don't know you, yet Sara Palin and all her problems and associations have been seen in the media. I stated my opinion deal with it.

PS, i still stand by this--->Shes a right wing extremist, who seems to have as many brain cells as a lampshade. Good riddance, don't care if she comes back.

Bye-Bye
Childish sayings, without support. You don't provide evidence to support your argument, you make baseless assumptions so In retrospect your argument is invalid as you continue to not provide merit.

Stating facts is ridiculous? on what grounds? Do I have to remind you that this is an forum and as such I'm well within the grounds to challenge what someone writes on here. Yet we still argue and debate so I really doubt you saying it is ridiculous has any merit on the actual conversation that is going on. SO I go back to this, your "points" remain false until you back them up.

Ok this Also goes to everybody also, telling someone to go find the information is such an incredibly poor excuse that boarders the line that you shouldn't posted at all. You make an claim BACK it up. Remember your education.

I've written it before and I'll do it again. Opinions matter little when they are not supported. Also I might add opinion does not equal fact.

I also have addressed points about Sarah in the news, and a good bunch of blogs.

Quote:
And you could be one depends(and you say 80% of America are Christians but do they go flaunting it and forcing it on people, all 80%).
I would expect you to be able to understand you cannot make that assumption without knowing who I am (saying who knows is not an valid assumption as there is not information to even come to that conclusion I would also add that in this very thread I have stated that I'm considering going independent in party affiliation.), to which is the point of asking that. I never said 80% of the country are actual Christians but "SAY" they are. there was a point in posting that, three fold one having Christian belief in America is NOT Extremist right. Two she would be more in line with an good majority of the country, making her more moderate conservative then you believe she is. Last, is not everyone is what they say they are, so we look toward there actions to see. last comment could of been done without.

31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#95 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
07-16-2009, 07:32 AM

As said, I won't indulge in online arguments. and you said "around 80% of Americans call themselve Christians." but as i said YOU DONT SEE THEM PRANCING AROUND TALKING ABOUT THEIR BELIEF LIKE YOU SEE HER DOING, and if you watched all her coverage on all stations as i did you would notice the difference between and ordinary citizen and their beliefs and her(the politician)well i guess not anymore. and your right christian belief isnt all extremist right(my family are Christians, I dont see them as religious right) . Im sure you know what i mean by that name im putting on certain people on the right but you choose to look just at that. Thats okay though. harhar. and yeah it was called for, because its how I feel(My opinion) if you don't like it don't keep quoting me, and finding a reason to complain about what I say. Its what I believe. I will always be what i believe, she was a crappy Governor and she would've been a mucho worse VP.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#96 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-16-2009, 07:40 AM

solemnclockwork, imo, you really need to just quit it. There's nothing wrong with one stating his or her opinion on a situation, as long as the person isn't stating it as a fact. From what I've observed, you're the only one acting in such a manner as to making demands for people to defend their opinions and the fact that people are literally writing, "IMO" or using words to imply that it's obviously an opinionated statement should be enough. Phrases such as "I feel" or "in my opinion", etc., show this.
(#97 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
solemnclockwork, imo, you really need to just quit it. There's nothing wrong with one stating his or her opinion on a situation, as long as the person isn't stating it as a fact. From what I've observed, you're the only one acting in such a manner as to making demands for people to defend their opinions and the fact that people are literally writing, "IMO" or using words to imply that it's obviously an opinionated statement should be enough. Phrases such as "I feel" or "in my opinion", etc., show this.
If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. theirs an point to posting that phrase.

Do you understand the implications of posting such and such on a forum. If so how can you tell me to "quit"?

I've repeatably said opinion are equal, as such I ALSO stated that this is an debate.

Example.

I believe that girls are scum. Do I

A. Have the right for people to take my word for it?
B. Have the right for people not to challenge it?
C. Have the right to debase someone?
d. have the right to state my opinion, with the extent of my peers taking my word for it?

I also have stated since the beginning of me joining this forum, you provide evidence to claims or have that claim invalid.

I'll take as evidence towards one of my first posts on water boarding. I stated water boarding was not torture because my opinion was that torture was something that had lasting damage and physiological effects. Well Rohin4hire challenged me on it. Put it simply I fell back on it being my opinion. Point here to make is that your opinion is not protected against being challenged. In this thread I have not said anybodies wrong for having an opinion, I have challenged the contents of that opinion, to which is well within the scope of the site to do so. In conteplation I do regret I used that phrase in that debate.

Those phrases does NOT protect them from being challenged do they not?

Quote:
As said, I won't indulge in online arguments. and you said "around 80% of Americans call themselve Christians." but as i said YOU DONT SEE THEM PRANCING AROUND TALKING ABOUT THEIR BELIEF LIKE YOU SEE HER DOING, and if you watched all her coverage on all stations as i did you would notice the difference between and ordinary citizen and their beliefs and her(the politician)well i guess not anymore. and your right christian belief isnt all extremist right(my family are Christians, I dont see them as religious right) . Im sure you know what i mean by that name im putting on certain people on the right but you choose to look just at that. Thats okay though. harhar. and yeah it was called for, because its how I feel(My opinion) if you don't like it don't keep quoting me, and finding a reason to complain about what I say. Its what I believe. I will always be what i believe, she was a crappy Governor and she would've been a mucho worse VP.
Then I really hate to say this,

don't post where there is an debate.

Get the quote right

Seriously? prancing around talking about there belief like she does? WHEN did it become wrong to have your religion as principle?

I have an biblical quote in my name page, I know the difference. As that is stated you did not back up yourself again.

Labeling is generally bad. "Extremist far right" is also an very bad term, hence the reason why I focus on that.

"It's my opinion" is an fall back. Reason being I can't challenge you having that opinion, as such I can challenge what that opinion is. You want to keep your opinion no one stopping you, just don't think you can freely say what you want without someone challenging it (what's happening here).

I'm tired of this "it's my opinion" tactic and I'm ending it.

I am entitled to an opinion

I'm entitled to my opinion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am entitled to my opinion (as fallacy) - ForumGarden

You are not entitled to your opinion

Why You Are Not Entitled To Your Opinion : DaytonOS

Sorry, but you are not entitled to your opinion | Jamie Whyte - Times Online

(#98 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-16-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. theirs an point to posting that phrase.
I wasn't really in it to begin with. I gave my opinion and left it at that. I can't help how I feel. I shouldn't have to defend that.
Quote:
Do you understand the implications of posting such and such on a forum. If so how can you tell me to "quit"?
I guess I should've rephrased. IMO, you should just quit with the way you're acting towards the other posters. IMO, you're coming across as a tad bit rude and not being very respectful of other people's opinions.
Quote:
I've repeatably said opinion are equal, as such I ALSO stated that this is an debate.
I never realized this was a debate and was more so for speculation.
Quote:
Example.

I believe that girls are scum. Do I

A. Have the right for people to take my word for it?
B. Have the right for people not to challenge it?
C. Have the right to debase someone?
d. have the right to state my opinion, with the extent of my peers taking my word for it?
Could be a combination, but, it's the way you do it that makes it seem rude. You're literally demanding people to defend their own opinions and that's what I find kind of "wrong".
Quote:
I also have stated since the beginning of me joining this forum, you provide evidence to claims or have that claim invalid.
I can understand this if a person is trying to pass of an opinion as an actual fact. I can say something like, "Summer is the worst season out of all of the seasons." I just stated that as a fact. It's obviously "not true" since everyone is different and not everyone dislikes summer. IMO, it's the worst season, though, but if a person said so, and clearly made it obvious it was an opinion, I wouldn't really question it, unless it was something like, "What do you like about summer since you enjoy it so much?"
Quote:
I'll take as evidence towards one of my first posts on water boarding. I stated water boarding was not torture because my opinion was that torture was something that had lasting damage and physiological effects.
If I'd seen this, I don't think I would've said too much, sine you said "IMO". It's your opinion. No need to truly have to back it up, especially if it's a subjective topic. Now, to me, I respectfully disagree. Anything done to cause discomfort, be it mentally or physically, just to obtain information, I would call it a form of torture, in other words, I feel that there are different types, the one you mentioned, being one of many. I would state my opinion and leave at that since it's my opinion. This is how I feel on the matter. Would it be necessary to ask for me to prove this claim, if this is just my opinion on the matter?
Quote:
Point here to make is that your opinion is not protected against being challenged. In this thread I have not said anybodies wrong for having an opinion, I have challenged the contents of that opinion, to which is well within the scope of the site to do so. In conteplation I do regret I used that phrase in that debate.
Like I said, though, it's not the fact that you challenge, it's how you come across. You come across as rude and demanding. You're not really coming across as respecting the other person's opinion or even trying to understand where the other person is coming from.
(#99 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I wasn't really in it to begin with. I gave my opinion and left it at that. I can't help how I feel. I shouldn't have to defend that.I guess I should've rephrased. IMO, you should just quit with the way you're acting towards the other posters. IMO, you're coming across as a tad bit rude and not being very respectful of other people's opinions.I never realized this was a debate and was more so for speculation.Could be a combination, but, it's the way you do it that makes it seem rude. You're literally demanding people to defend their own opinions and that's what I find kind of "wrong".I can understand this if a person is trying to pass of an opinion as an actual fact. I can say something like, "Summer is the worst season out of all of the seasons." I just stated that as a fact. It's obviously "not true" since everyone is different and not everyone dislikes summer. IMO, it's the worst season, though, but if a person said so, and clearly made it obvious it was an opinion, I wouldn't really question it, unless it was something like, "What do you like about summer since you enjoy it so much?"If I'd seen this, I don't think I would've said too much, sine you said "IMO". It's your opinion. No need to truly have to back it up, especially if it's a subjective topic. Now, to me, I respectfully disagree. Anything done to cause discomfort, be it mentally or physically, just to obtain information, I would call it a form of torture, in other words, I feel that there are different types, the one you mentioned, being one of many. I would state my opinion and leave at that since it's my opinion. This is how I feel on the matter. Would it be necessary to ask for me to prove this claim, if this is just my opinion on the matter?Like I said, though, it's not the fact that you challenge, it's how you come across. You come across as rude and demanding. You're not really coming across as respecting the other person's opinion or even trying to understand where the other person is coming from.
It was directed at anybody who can not handle the pressure and response that comes with stating your opinion in such a place.

There's a LOT of speculation going on here. As such when two opposing views come together it becomes an debate. Hence what has happen.
Tsuwabuki recognized this as an debate.

In an court of law can you make an accusation without supporting it? Can you scream fire in an public building without there being one (doing so will land you into legal trouble). How then is it rude for me to ask people to show respect to there own selves by supporting what they say? You don't pay attention to the boy who cried wolf do you? Simply I demand they do so, as an standard. Gossip is something no one should peddle in.

One thing I add is I do see someone who doesn't support there own arguments and opinions as doing an wrong to the people who read it, and it themselves.

I"m not arguing an old topic, I used that as an building block to what I was saying. Nothing needs to be taken from it other then what context it was in the paragraph. Here's the point you are not getting, a person who sees that by this forums standards has the right to challenge that opinion. Now you have the right to respond. Opinions are beliefs correct? If an belief is wrong and someone points that out either to show to others why it was wrong or to you also is it wrong to do so? It's relates to the water boarding thread. Rohin4hire was correct in pointing out that my "opinion" of what constitutes torture was wrong and we debated at the time (its not there because it got heated). That is simply whats happening here.

I'm going to address all the rude points here. Me coming across as demanding is the same in any debate. One side demands that the other provide evidence to support or defend there argument, it's simple as that. I would expect others to treat it the same way. Me being rude is subjective. I did not label anybody, or resort to personal attacks. I pointed out several factors in which either was childish (you believe that saying you hate someone is an mature feeling?) or venom. the point of those are to show the person to think about what they are writing. I have also stated that opinions are valid to each other. As last note coming off is subjective at best because it is an conflict of ideas and opinions and no one likes to be told there wrong or not right on the issue.

I have to see the other side to argue against it, I also must see and read what they say, post, and link.

I shouldn't have to write this but I will. EVERYONE including me have emotions that depending on the context will strike them up. I give people leeway in that I don't respond to snide remarks usually. that said I'm also stricken by the same emotion everyone else goes threw, in as such I can become prone to doing the same thing.

I have also stated outside of this thread, I still see everyone on the same platform as me. I don't have a problem with anyone, at the end of the day if it was possible I would still see everyone on here as an peer.

I also might add as I think about it, as this goes on think about some of the words used against Palin (she makes women look like joke, I hate hear, she only has two braincells etc). Maybe if they would word it to be more natural to passive, there wouldn't be such an huge discussion about it. That is the reason why I'm defending her against personal attacks. She gets attacked unjustly and unfairly.

That is not to say the same thing can happen about political arguments (around the same argument me and you had, but much cooler). As such I believe those remain natural because of there ideology nature.

Take the comment that burkhartdesu posted. Completely unjustified to say something like that. I"m challenging peoples opinions so that they would show the woman some respect.

At the most it not about how you feel about her politically, she still deserves the same respect you give to others. It also begs to be asked, if you treat her in such the same way, how then can you ask others to treat you nicely?

(#100 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
How old are you?
I'm old enough to form my own opinion without your advice. I'm also old enough not to argue with people who force their opinion on us all in this thread.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!