JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-24-2009, 03:49 PM

I have a 16-year-old student that's the father of a 8-month-old girl. It's sad, but he seems to have a good support system. With the right support, teenage parents aren't the most devastating people in the world.

LOVE: pass it on
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Nagareboshi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Nagareboshi
07-24-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Your opinion is wrong.

Yeh, proving a point and "facing the consequences" is all good, but we're talking about a life here. If the chances of this baby not having a satisfying life, then it's better off dead.

To save the rest of the world trouble.
Someone's opinion can't be wrong, because an opinion is like a belief and is not necessarily based on facts. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, regardless if you think it's wrong or not. It can't be wrong just because you disagree with it.

Anyway, to get on topic, I think teen pregnancy occurs far too often in today's world. My cousin got pregnant at 18 after graduating from high school. She got married the father of her kid a couple years later and they're both good parents. My cousin went to college a year after having her kid, and she's got a good job now. Teen pregnancy isn't always a bad thing, it depends on the person who gets pregnant and how they deal with it.

People shouldn't be having sex if they aren't prepared to deal with the responsibility of having a kid. Protection doesn't guarantee 100% that you won't get pregnant.

As for abortion, I think it should only be done in cases of rape or if the pregnancy presents serious health issues for the mother. You shouldn't have an abortion just because you're not ready to have a baby, if you're not ready then don't have sex. If you don't want the baby, give it up for adoption after birth. By having an abortion, you're not dealing with the consequences of your actions, you're just taking the easy way out.

Last edited by Nagareboshi : 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
LuckyLuck (Offline)
Transform Tomorrow

Send a message via MSN to LuckyLuck
07-24-2009, 05:03 PM

So I flipped through this thread and read a few post here and there.
A lot of people are saying that teens should just not have sex.
That's an unrealistic opinion because teens are going to have sex no matter what.

Personally, I don't think it's wrong for younger people to have sex, I know a lot of people who lost their virginity at as young as fourteen.
There's nothing really in the world that's going to stop a kid from having sex. Unless you lock them in a box...and that's just ridiculous.
Making mistakes and having regrets are a natural part of growing up. If a kid lives an ideal life without many woes and stays naive to the sexual world, will chances are once they enter the real world, their going to be hurt pretty damn bad or be very unprepared.

I don't really have much of an opinion on teen pregnancy because I never went through it. The way I see it is that it all depends on circumstance. No teen is ready for a child hell few adults are actually ready for a child, but that doesn't mean they won't make a good parent in the long wrong. So I say let the pregnant teens and family of them hold the actual opinions on teen pregnancy and abortion because none of us know what it's really like until we've faced the experience ourselves so who are we to say this is wrong or right, you know?

The path to equality is a long road to travel.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
07-24-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuck View Post
So I flipped through this thread and read a few post here and there.
A lot of people are saying that teens should just not have sex.
That's an unrealistic opinion because teens are going to have sex no matter what.

Personally, I don't think it's wrong for younger people to have sex, I know a lot of people who lost their virginity at as young as fourteen.
There's nothing really in the world that's going to stop a kid from having sex. Unless you lock them in a box...and that's just ridiculous.
Making mistakes and having regrets are a natural part of growing up. If a kid lives an ideal life without many woes and stays naive to the sexual world, will chances are once they enter the real world, their going to be hurt pretty damn bad or be very unprepared.

I don't really have much of an opinion on teen pregnancy because I never went through it. The way I see it is that it all depends on circumstance. No teen is ready for a child hell few adults are actually ready for a child, but that doesn't mean they won't make a good parent in the long wrong. So I say let the pregnant teens and family of them hold the actual opinions on teen pregnancy and abortion because none of us know what it's really like until we've faced the experience ourselves so who are we to say this is wrong or right, you know?
I can agree with you there. Give people a chance before you write them off as irresponsible or wrong. Doing that is just not right and that people that do that wouldn't want tot have that be done to them.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
FeyOberon (Offline)
JF Regular

07-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuck View Post
The way I see it is that it all depends on circumstance. No teen is ready for a child hell few adults are actually ready for a child, but that doesn't mean they won't make a good parent in the long wrong.
That's the most enlightened response I've seen on this thread so far.

Also, it seems like many are treating the issue like an "A or B" situation: have a baby and a miserable life, or get an abortion. Actually, it's at least an A, B, C, or D situation, in my opinion. In adition to "A" and "B," adoption is a very feasible option. Or (if you are fortunate enough to have a good support system) you can choose to mature a little, work hard, love your child, and still live a full life.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
07-24-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyOberon View Post
That's the most enlightened response I've seen on this thread so far.

Also, it seems like many are treating the issue like an "A or B" situation: have a baby and a miserable life, or get an abortion. Actually, it's at least an A, B, C, or D situation, in my opinion. In adition to "A" and "B," adoption is a very feasible option. Or (if you are fortunate enough to have a good support system) you can choose to mature a little, work hard, love your child, and still live a full life.
Hell Yeah!! LOL.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

07-24-2009, 08:47 PM

What are those retards laughing at? I cant understand the joy of laughing at a young mother in pain giving birth to a child.

Well, the majority who were laughing, were boys. (Doesnt surprise me at all)

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#88 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-24-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
It's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, I mean "read". So we shouldn't have sex unless we're prepared to have kids?

Don't make me laugh, the contraceptive methods we have now are all very safe, teenagers get pregnant because they usually don't use any, it's pure stupidity.

If the condom breaks, which doesn't happen often, just make the girl take the morning-after pill. I would never have children in my life, I'm not prepared, I never will and I don't want to, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't have sex.
If you can't handle the responsibilities of your actions, then you shouldn't do those actions. That is 100% valid.

Sex is risky behavior. No contraceptive method is 100%, and there is no "RESET" button if the girl gets pregnant. Like it or not, both people are responsible for what happens next.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-24-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
I know we should face the consequences of our actions and be prepared to it, but I don't think that most of the people who have sex regularly are prepared to have kids, and if the contraceptive methods aren't 100% safe, at least it's something near it.

Most of the girls who get pregnant at a young age doesn't take any kind of prevention, if a girl takes contraceptive pills and uses condoms, I just can't imagine she's getting pregnant.
But it happens...more often than you might think. Regardless of what precautions you think you are taking, full on intercourse is playing with fire.
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

07-24-2009, 11:15 PM

Depends on the person, if they are stupid as F%&k then we should kill or abort the kid. Society has enough dumbasses already.
If they can take care of the child on their own then its all golden which in most cases they just push the baby onto the parents.
Everyone already know that kids today think they know everything about anything. SO when they have sex with just condoms they think its all rainbows and sunshine. Its not, I had a kid at age 15 and I used a condom.
I had no clue about anything else though, didn't know about birthcontrol etc.
I don't like blaming it on others but I think its the parents responsibility to talk to their own kids about sex and protections.
You know kids aren't smart!, so why keep saying they should know better?.
Its like saying a dog should know better than to sh$t on your floor, he doesn't unless you teach him =/.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.