LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-03-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
No, you understand the whole seeding and leeching business.

It isn't easy to become well versed in such things.

This is the same deal with saying I've got problems, and then you're an expert on schoolgirl fashion.

I can see you, MMM.
Why would you even go there? I doubt that's a Pandora's Box you want to have reopened.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-03-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Seeding and leeching isn't hard to understand...its pretty basic actually.
Maybe to do his research MMM Wiki'd the word Torrent? Which surely has information on seeding and leeching.
I don't think he did Google or Wiki for it, but.

He's talking too naturally. I bet he's got uTorrent stacked right now! Just, knowing his character, he probably also has a dozen applications which keep his IP secret, also.

Luckily, in Thailand, I'm pretty darn safe from legal repercusions of the internet.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-03-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I don't think he did Google or Wiki for it, but.

He's talking too naturally. I bet he's got uTorrent stacked right now! Just, knowing his character, he probably also has a dozen applications which keep his IP secret, also.

Luckily, in Thailand, I'm pretty darn safe from legal repercusions of the internet.
Sorry to disappoint Det. Tenchu, but your investigation has run cold.

Also, I had to remove that last post Tenchu. You had some good points, but also a lot of profanity. Try it again without all the swear words.

Last edited by MMM : 08-03-2009 at 08:31 AM.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-03-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Sorry to disappoint Det. Tenchu, but your investigation has run cold.

Also, I had to remove that last post Tenchu. You had some good points, but also a lot of profanity. Try it again without all the swear words.
I thought it was okay when talking about Microsoft?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-03-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I thought it was okay when talking about Microsoft?
Unnecessary profanity is unnecessary profanity. After the 5th four-letter word I was left little choice. It just makes bad precedent for the wee ones. You understand.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Unnecessary profanity is unnecessary profanity. After the 5th four-letter word I was left little choice. It just makes bad precedent for the wee ones. You understand.
No. Infact, the only English my step son knows are things like,

"Shut the *** up!"

"*** off!"

"*** you!"

So on. Children are way too sheltered in most houses. It's not cencorship they need, it's responsibility. Learning how to use language appropriatly. Like, only when you're pissed off.

So no, MMM, I don't understand. I'm still getting the hang of this "American-English" we all have to use on JF.

(#47 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
08-03-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
If you were a musician, would you have a problem with a fan sharing your music with a friend? Of course not. You would want your music to be introduced by fans.
The problem is RIAA doesn't pay the musician for these crimes. They don't care about anything except their own monies.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#48 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

08-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I don't understand your logic. If they were leeches, why would they only go after two people?

It seems like focusing on two people and winning large judgments that get media attention, but will likely later be reduced is more of a warning than leeching to me.
I guess thats somewhat a warning rather than a money-leeching. Its like "You see, thats what happens if you DOWNLOAD!"

I misspelled what i wanted to say. (Edited)
My native language aint English, so sometimes might be hard to express what i want to say.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.

Last edited by JasonTakeshi : 08-03-2009 at 09:08 PM.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2009, 09:26 PM

So is it the downloading, or the sharing that got him in so much trouble?

It seems like if you downloaded an album and didn't share it with others they wouldn't be able to sue for that much.

So what do the record companies expect? Like the kid has 1million laying around or something. How do they even collect on such a ridiculous fine?
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
08-03-2009, 10:01 PM

have i downloaded a song via the net of course you would be hard pressed to find anyone who has not done it. Look we all know the consequences for breaking the law (if you didnt know i bet you do now) I know that if i walk into a bank and hold it up steal money that i could and mostly likely will go to jail. Do i think the amount of fines are unfair yes i do however we all know what the outcome could be if we get caught, so whining and crying over it when we do is pointless. By it or dont buy it thats your choice just know if you get caught your FU*****

i do feel bad for the guy thats a lot of money hope the payment plan is reasonable.

Last edited by Sinestra : 08-04-2009 at 01:41 PM.