JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-23-2009, 11:49 PM

This is just a silly topic as a whole. People questioning things such as this is nothing short of ridiculous.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

08-23-2009, 11:52 PM

You cant really compare these things because they arent the same. Its like you can't compare an apple to an orange.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-23-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
America is not the land of the free. What a stupid assertion.

American democracy is the not as representative as democracy in Europe or other parts of the Western world. Only two parties to choose from for example.

The American media is also ranked behind many other countries as being objective and accurate.

American society is not as racially tolerant as society in Europe or other parts of the Western world either.

Even on the basis that America is a free market society it is not the most free

Country rankings for trade, business, fiscal, monetary, financial, labor and investment freedoms

Ranking of economic freedom

1-Hong Kong
2-Singapore
3-Australia
4-Ireland
5-New Zealand
6-United States of America
This post pertains to Japan and America, not any of the countries on your list, which you will notice, puts America ahead of Japan, and the hundreds of other countries in the world (including every country in Europe). Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

As for democracy, America by definition is not a democracy (which was claimed even by Plato to be a weak form of government), but a constitutional republic, which affirm the rights of the individual over the often fickle and ever-changing opinions of the majority. It's not a perfect system, which the preamble to the constitution plainly asserts, but it's not bad.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
08-24-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
You cant really compare these things because they arent the same. Its like you can't compare an apple to an orange.
Yeah, like Bruce Li, and Jackie Chan =\
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-24-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
This post pertains to Japan and America, not any of the countries on your list, which you will notice, puts America ahead of Japan, and the hundreds of other countries in the world (including every country in Europe). Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

As for democracy, America by definition is not a democracy (which was claimed even by Plato to be a weak form of government), but a constitutional republic, which affirm the rights of the individual over the often fickle and ever-changing opinions of the majority. It's not a perfect system, which the preamble to the constitution plainly asserts, but it's not bad.
Incorrect. Ireland is part of Europe.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
08-24-2009, 01:03 AM

Creating threads like this only serves to start another international my country is better than your country ect ect ect flame war. There are posters around here that live for this type of crap. Next time just research it instead of posting it.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-24-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Creating threads like this only serves to start another international my country is better than your country ect ect ect flame war. There are posters around here that live for this type of crap. Next time just research it instead of posting it.
Agreed completely. I see far too much blind patriotism by people from a variety of different countries. That's not to say being patriotic is a bad thing just lot's of people I talk to seem to be very patriotic, but can't say why.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
08-24-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SceptileMaster View Post
Incorrect. Ireland is part of Europe.
w00tz

(10char)
Closed Thread