JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Global Warming farce? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/28883-global-warming-farce.html)

noodle 12-10-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 788051)

That's the thing though, it's not man made, so whatever we do, will be for nothing :)

In this recession, I'd rather all that money go to a more important place.

I think he means in the sense of destroying the planet... I don't believe Global warming is man-made, I've been saying this since high school when I first started to understand why they taught us all about Greenhouse effects and such in our Geography class, but I do believe we are destroying our planet. So, in that sense, maybe going green is a good thing!

Kyousuke 12-10-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 788051)

That's the thing though, it's not man made, so whatever we do, will be for nothing :)

In this recession, I'd rather all that money go to a more important place.

Thats true

MMM 12-10-2009 09:43 PM

I am confused. Some are saying climate change is a farce, and others are saying manmade climate change is a farce.

Salvanas 12-10-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 788061)
I am confused. Some are saying climate change is a farce, and others are saying manmade climate change is a farce.

The main debate is if man-made global warming is a farce. Global warming is happening, but it's a cycle, and not at the speeds that the propaganda is claiming.

solemnclockwork 12-11-2009 10:02 AM

I kinda figured the terminology would be muddled.

I would attribute global warming, to man-made.

While the word climate change would be natural.

but that depends on the person using them.

WhoIsDaffy 12-11-2009 11:55 AM

Quote from an email (29 sep 2009)

"So, even if there were a problem w/ these data, it wouldn't matter as far as the key
conclusions regarding past warmth are concerned. But I don't think there is any problem
with these data, rather it appears that McIntyre has greatly distorted the actual
information content of these data. It will take folks a few days to get to the bottom of
this, in Keith's absence."

an intersting link

and some interesting mails,

however if you read them, there is no real conspiracy.

McIntyres links with big oil however. makes me question his true motives

Tenchu 12-11-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clintjm (Post 788013)
Yes 1700, most under pressure as the Times of London quoted, signed. Compare that to the 31,486 with 9029 holding PhDs of American scientists signing the Global Warming Petition -
Link: Global Warming Petition Project
to say they have serious doubts about the validity of climate change and the link with climate change and CO2.

That is like 18:1. Anyway I wonder how many of the 1700 are receiving grants to prove the climate change argument.

You never stopped to think how much money is on the anti global warming theory side?

Fuck scientists, this is something people need to learn for themselves, once again I say this.

You can't honestly trust either side, though oil companies are the ones to lose and they've all the money to buy many more votes here. Therefor, you must take a look for yourself.

I have. I know what's happening to the world. I can see it.

clintjm 12-12-2009 05:55 AM

And so we can enjoy this with a little poem written and read by Gore himself:

Al Gore reads a poem from his new book – amFIX - CNN.com Blogs

On Friday, some blogs reported that Gore wrote the poem because his editor had removed a chapter on the impacts of climate change.

Personally I think he has completely and finally lost his mind, but that may be just my opinion.

I think his editor was on to something.

xyzone 12-12-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 788236)
You never stopped to think how much money is on the anti global warming theory side?

Fuck scientists, this is something people need to learn for themselves, once again I say this.

You can't honestly trust either side, though oil companies are the ones to lose and they've all the money to buy many more votes here. Therefor, you must take a look for yourself.

I have. I know what's happening to the world. I can see it.

Right after that tell Christians to question Jesus and see what happens. (nothing)

xyzone 12-12-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorotsuki (Post 788026)
I don't recall anyone saying global warming "isn't" happening. The debate is whether man is causing it or nature. I read a very interesting article from a climatologist that used to work for nasa. His theory for global warming by nature was more than interesting.

I read a blog from an invisible pink unicorn once that said you are the spirit of false and are vulnerable to requests of proof.