JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   What do you consider the 5 most important languages a human being should learn? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/29185-what-do-you-consider-5-most-important-languages-human-being-should-learn.html)

Salvanas 12-09-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamKira (Post 787673)
and thus, the most important language would be the one that gets the most people communicating with eachother
i.e. programming languages
since most communication is done using 0's and 1's

Wrong.

Language existed before the internet. And will always exist. Programming is important. But not the most important. It's on the same level as every other language out there.

darksyndrem 12-09-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 787674)

Wrong.

Language existed before the internet. And will always exist. Programming is important. But not the most important. It's on the same level as every other language out there.

And on top of that, language does not depend on the internet. Internet depends on language.

IamKira 12-09-2009 10:18 PM

let's not forget that with most every sheet of paper you read nowdays, the language on the paper wouldn't be there without the language on the circuit board
case in point, you guys would not be talking to me without your computers.. and in an extremely globalized world, interface between members from different countries is extremely important in maintaining a base understanding of their culture reducing hostile, ignorant thoughts about them
I do believe that binary is now the most important language out there.

i could go on and on about the importance of computers from airports to traffic systems to hospitals, but the impulse of electricity / on or off is the used by the widest scope of people for the most number of things

Salvanas 12-09-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamKira (Post 787683)
let's not forget that with most every sheet of paper you read nowdays, the language on the paper wouldn't be there without the language on the circuit board
case in point, you guys would not be talking to me without your computers.. and in an extremely globalized world, interface between members from different countries is extremely important in maintaining a base understanding of their culture reducing hostile, ignorant thoughts about them

Like I said, to say one is important than the other, is folly and handicapping yourself.

Without the internet, we can still communicate, albeit it takes longer.
Without languages, you wouldn't have any communication at all.

darksyndrem 12-09-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamKira (Post 787683)

If only.

10character

IamKira 12-09-2009 10:22 PM

and the question never implied needing to communicate with others, it just said most important, and think of how many things computers are relied on for

Salvanas 12-09-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamKira (Post 787686)
and the question never implied needing to communicate with others, it just said most important, and think of how many things computers are relied on for

Again. I'm stating for the third time. One language is not important than the other. All are equal.

We have lived without computers, and we still can. We cannot live with languages at all.

NanteNa 12-09-2009 10:38 PM

My most important language is Danish. LOL

IamKira 12-09-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 787687)

We have lived without computers, and we still can.

considering the human brain is a computer that reads electrical impulses just like the pc u are using, this statement is false.. unless all those famous people who were beheaded over the centuries were able to pull through and survive.

Salvanas 12-09-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamKira (Post 787703)
considering the human brain is a computer that reads electrical impulses just like the pc u are using, this statement is false.. unless all those famous people who were beheaded over the centuries were able to pull through and survive.

Stop nit picking. You know exactly what I mean, that I meant electronically and not biologically.