LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-12-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Komitsuki, we all know you keep VERY strong grudges. And you have been told MANY times why certain action is and isn`t taken. It looks to me like you`re seeking to start a fight about it - and this is NOT the place to do so.
Nope... more like I want to say "just do your job properly" to the mods by showing case examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Oh, and can you stop the below user "komitsuki" from bullying me. He is threatning me with an "infraction" and I haven't done anything to her.
I can't threat anyone with an "infraction" when I'm NOT a mod. And read Nyororin's post.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
LOL. If you can get me a Koala - then you got urself a deal : D

And either way.. If you guys have some unfinished business- take it to the PMs. -_-'' This is getting ridiculous.
Will do that especially for you It's good to see a piece of Australia going towards a nice Japan Forum moderator in another country

I'm ignoring K and please don't encourageany PM's from him to me as he clogged my inbox up previously.. It now looks like I was Infarctionated because of him

Cheers - Oz
(#83 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-12-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Will do that especially for you It's good to see a piece of Australia going towards a nice Japan Forum moderator in another country

I'm ignoring K and please don't encourageany PM's from him to me as he clogged my inbox up previously.. It now looks like I was Infarctionated because of him
LOL. Are you sucking up to me, now?

I think he got the point himself. Just ignore him for now, shall we? As said before, this is getting ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Nope... more like I want to say "just do your job properly" to the mods by showing case examples.
As you're not part of the MOD Squad, I suggest you to not talk about handling that you know nothing about. It's quite offensive that you post such comments on here, as you apparently have no clue about what goes on in the MOD sections. It's fair that you're not satisfied - but we ARE doing a job here. A well proper job. All mods need to look at every case of complaint in an objective way. We cannot just give you what you want without looking into it.. And there obviously was something done about it. If you hate the person so much, why not just leave him alone?

You're not winning anything by being offensive and cranky.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-12-2009, 03:05 PM

Many people have had problems with Ozkai, and many of the women on this forum find his advances creepy.

But this isn't the place to talk about that.

However, I understand your point Komit. I have felt that at times too with a certain member, but unfortunately, when I've tried to bring it up with the mods I was told that I argued back, and so that nullified my argument. Despite the fact that I moved on, and everytime I kept trying to have a chat with others, or replied to his posts in an orderly fashion (and on-topic), he'd come back with a remark which would always target me and seeked to mock me.

Yet nothing was done about it because the mods thought I had a grudge against him, and was just trying to get him banned for the hell of it.

Such things could be picked up on mods. IT might seem like a grudge, but there is always a reason for a grudge. Don't let it get to extreme points before you decide to warn someone.

Note: Not saying that I was always in the right. It counts for me too. The only time I got a ban was when I decided to insult, and flame Miyavifan through a PM. There was friction between us for ages. You should have seen something like that coming up ;P

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#85 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
LOL. Are you sucking up to me, now?
They are on to me now.. It's funny because I only realized that you are a female and god only knows what that will now do to the below post..

Will get the Koala and roses on the way

All in all, moderating in moderation is clearly a tedious job without any decent recogition here for any of you, I stand firm, you are all doing a great job

Cheers - Oz
(#86 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

12-12-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
They are on to me now.. It's funny because I only realized that you are a female and god only knows what that will now do to the below post..

Will get the Koala and roses on the way

All in all, moderating in moderation is clearly a tedious job without any decent recogition here for any of you, I stand firm, you are all doing a great job
Haha. Right : P thanks.

I appreciate it ^^v Thanks!

Follow me on TUMBLR
- Pot Roast
(#87 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
I'm curious to other people's views on this. Cause everyone's view on this is different.

What does the word "Moderator" on a forum basis much like our own, mean to you? Do you think they should enforce the rules, or bend the rules slightly in different aspects?

And do you think that the mods on this forum are enforcing such things on the forum?

Note: I have MMM's approval of this thread, so I am not breaking any rules before people question it.
What may appear to you to be a "straightforward" task, it is obviously not as a moderator clearly needs to also be a mediator and with no formal qualifications, that can be difficult.

Whilst yourself and other users often stand firmly in concrete voicing their opinions and believing that they are "right" , it is not always the case from other's looking in.

The key word here towards opinions, statements, and claims is "Flexibility".

Because many users lack the skills, this is when it becomes a job for a moderator, of which they then need to display flexibility within their mediation skills.

I was the first trial modeartor along with the main moderator on what is now the largest watch forum on the web. I know to well.

My modeartion task was huge.. I'm talking mediating between Rolex, Omega, Tissot, No name, G-Shock and SEIKO fans..

Come hell or high water, a $10,000 Rolex could not compete with a $200 G-Shock, or could it!

Cheers - Oz
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-12-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
What may appear to you to be a "straightforward" task, it is obviously not as a moderator clearly needs to also be a mediator and with no formal qualifications, that can be difficult.

Whilst yourself and other users often stand firmly in concrete voicing their opinions and believing that they are "right" , it is not always the case from other's looking in.

The key word here towards opinions, statements, and claims is "Flexibility".

Because many users lack the skills, this is when it becomes a job for a moderator, of which they then need to display flexibility within their mediation skills.

I was the first trial modeartor along with the main moderator on what is now the largest watch forum on the web. I know to well.

My modeartion task was huge.. I'm talking mediating between Rolex, Omega, Tissot, No name, G-Shock and SEIKO fans..

Come hell or high water, a $10,000 Rolex could not compete with a $200 G-Shock, or could it!
I am all too aware of such a thing. Since I've been a moderator myself, on forums.

Opinions are opinions. We all know that, a person that does not, won't last in life too long without being laughed at. However, opinion is a word used lightly, and can be applied to everything.

Ozkai, one thing you should know about me, (as many people do in life and on these forums) my opinions are blunt. And so, sound harsh and sound as if I am being arrogant. That is not the case. I simply expect people to understand that what I say, in an argument is an opinion. Since, no one needs to be told "This is an opinion" constantly, in this intellectual age, do they?

As for thinking they are right, that's true. But then again, who does not think they are right? We all perceive our opinions as facts, and others as opinions.

In a metaphorical way, our own views are seen as the building upon the foundation (which is the subject being discussed at hand) and the opinions of others are the siege engines that assault the castle. However, we never perceive that our views, and others views are made out of the same thing, and so if combined, can make a bigger castle than that of our own view.

Confusing, but I explain best with metaphors.

My point is that everyone, including mods, perceive our opinions as facts subconsciously, the majority of the time. It's our opinions, vs the Mod's opinions. We have no power, yet the mods have all the power. Whose argument over-rules? The mods, always in the end, cause they have the power.

(#89 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

12-12-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

My point is that everyone, including mods, perceive our opinions as facts subconsciously, the majority of the time. It's our opinions, vs the Mod's opinions. We have no power, yet the mods have all the power. Whose argument over-rules? The mods, always in the end, cause they have the power.
This very much depends on what it's concerning. If a member broke a rule several times and ignored all types of warnings, then I agree that the mod has the right to ban the person or set through some consequences of appropriate character. Yet, if it's a regular discussion run by personal opinions in a thread somewhere, then I don't see why the mod is automatically 'right', just because they have the so called 'power' to ban anyone to speak against them.

A statement like this just makes me think that you have NO confidence in moderators and their judgment at all.

EDIT: I usually encourage people to contact another mod as third party if they feel unfairly treated by a mod.

Follow me on TUMBLR
- Pot Roast
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-12-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
A statement like this just makes me think that you have NO confidence in moderators and their judgment at all.
Don't be daft. I have loads of confidence in the moderators. You are all doing a great job.

That doesn't mean I cannot point out some faults, can I?

It seems to me Nan, that you're taking this personally, or as if I'm saying the moderators are bad. I'm just criticising one or two points, which were a concern to me.

Since, this is the whole point of the thread, right?