JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   PM Yukio Hatoyama to resign (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/32184-pm-yukio-hatoyama-resign.html)

ParaPara 06-02-2010 11:51 AM

PM Yukio Hatoyama to resign

Yukio Hatoyama is stepping down as Prime Minister of Japan.

Japanese PM Yukio Hatoyama to resign - CNN.com

Chess 06-02-2010 12:02 PM

I was just about to start the thread. LOL

Well, I figured it out that this was about to happen, he promised the people from Okinawa one thing he didn't able to do. Not only he lost the seat of power, but also public's trust.

SURUME 06-02-2010 12:59 PM

Japan can throw off one's responsibility out in the summit held in June if there is no responsible person in Japan. Japan can throw off one's responsibility out in the war that might be done in a Korean peninsula in June.

A remaining resource can be consumed domestically if it does so. There are a lot of incapable head that can be destroyed at any time in DPJ. There is a usage as incapacity if it is incapable. Japan need not be involved in the storm though the world is in stormy.

komitsuki 06-02-2010 05:26 PM

I'm more surprised that he expressed his resignation during the "obviously semi-rigged" South Korean regional election.

Japan needs a politician who resembles the late Roh Mu-hyeon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SURUME (Post 814076)
Japan can throw off one's responsibility out in the war that might be done in a Korean peninsula in June.

You mean "there WON'T be a war in the Korean Peninsula.

kyo_9 06-02-2010 06:26 PM

he left his position after almost 9 month.. the last PM Aso Taro actually finish 1 year before leave the position.. o_0

Ronin4hire 06-02-2010 09:48 PM

Its interesting to see because he made such a turnaround from his campaign promises.

I was actually looking forward to a more independent Japan in foreign policy.

Also I really dont think the American presence there is justified like it is in South Korea.

allhailhata 06-02-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 814137)
Also I really dont think the American presence there is justified like it is in South Korea.

Not only Japan and US,but also South Korea and Taiwan think American presence there is very important for them.
Even China might think it is important.Because American presence prevents many Japan Self-Defense Forces from being stationed there.

komitsuki 06-03-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allhailhata (Post 814138)
Not only Japan and US,but also South Korea and Taiwan think American presence there is very important for them.
Even China might think it is important.Because American presence prevents many Japan Self-Defense Forces from being stationed there.

Being a South Korean myself, getting rid of the American military in Asia will make the whole region stable. As you know, any pro-American South Korean politician is a huge threat to South Korea but also to domestic Chinese and Japanese foreign policies. East Asia needs a stronger Russia, not America. America shouldn't be in the East Asian diplomatic picture.

Funny that I noticed this in South Korean news websites, they also blame PM Hatoyama for "pissing off" Russia.

Hopefully the next Japanese Prime Minister wouldn't offend Medvedev and Putin.

Ronin4hire 06-03-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 814143)
Being a South Korean myself, getting rid of the American military in Asia will make the whole region stable. As you know, any pro-American South Korean politician is a huge threat to South Korea but also to domestic Chinese and Japanese foreign policies. East Asia needs a stronger Russia, not America. America shouldn't be in the East Asian diplomatic picture.

Funny that I noticed this in South Korean news websites, they also blame PM Hatoyama for "pissing off" Russia.

Hopefully the next Japanese Prime Minister wouldn't offend Medvedev and Putin.

If not for the US military in the region then there is a real risk China could invade Taiwan and that North Korea could invade South Korea. I support getting rid of the US bases on Okinawa because the Okinawans overwhelmingly dont want them there but I recognise the practical need for US forces in East Asia.

As for what East Asia needs. What East Asia needs is a China that recognises and respects the soveriegnty of Taiwan as an independent nation-state (as well as Tibet), a North Korea that feeds its people and lets them speak freely and a Japan that can stand up to the United States.

komitsuki 06-03-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 814147)
If not for the US military in the region then there is a real risk China could invade Taiwan and that North Korea could invade South Korea. I support getting rid of the US bases on Okinawa because the Okinawans overwhelmingly dont want them there but I recognise the practical need for US forces in East Asia.

As for what East Asia needs. What East Asia needs is a China that recognises and respects the soveriegnty of Taiwan as an independent nation-state (as well as Tibet), a North Korea that feeds its people and lets them speak freely and a Japan that can stand up to the United States.

I thought we have a "don't-comment-to-each-other" policy. Why are you the one who tries to reply first? This is the third time already.

Sorry to say, I don't really need to respect your opinion.

I have to say. I was right that you really have no clue about South Korea.