JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Message from a friend (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/32728-message-friend.html)

BHBadger 07-11-2010 05:26 PM

Message from a friend

Hi there,

I just got an message from a good friend but I can't seem to translate it.

I thought this might be a good place to go to find an answer.

Please let me know if you can help me out (or if this is even Kanji as I suspect that it is)

Thanks so much for your help!

JTM 07-13-2010 01:11 AM

Is your friend Japanese? I suspect not as the kanji here is indecipherable with most of the kanji either incomplete or missing parts to them -- there's a " 宀" with nothing under it and another character "允" (in/makoto) which looks a bit out of place alone.

I can make out some of the stuff like シ(shi) and 女 (onna) in the first part; 手 (te), 安 (an) in the last part but the rest I don't know. There's a weird repeating kanji character that looks like an "L" and "E" that shows up twice. Also it is highly unusual in Japanese for a sentence to end in a kanji character like 女 without something else at the end (i.e. です)..

Either your friend tried to copy random kanji from a website/magazine or made these up.

Ask your friend what he/she is trying to say in English and then we can compare what's here to what he/she was trying to say.

RickOShay 07-13-2010 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTM (Post 819677)
Is your friend Japanese? I suspect not as the kanji here is indecipherable with most of the kanji either incomplete or missing parts to them -- there's a " 宀" with nothing under it and another character "允" (in/makoto) which looks a bit out of place alone.

I can make out some of the stuff like シ(shi) and 女 (onna) in the first part; 手 (te), 安 (an) in the last part but the rest I don't know. There's a weird repeating kanji character that looks like an "L" and "E" that shows up twice. Also it is highly unusual in Japanese for a sentence to end in a kanji character like 女 without something else at the end (i.e. です)..

Either your friend tried to copy random kanji from a website/magazine or made these up.

Ask your friend what he/she is trying to say in English and then we can compare what's here to what he/she was trying to say.

I concur. This looks like gibberish.

manganimefan227 07-13-2010 01:45 AM

It's a code!!

The Japanese've got somethin' goin' on over there . . .they're teasing you!! Or maybe the kanji broke . .. Or this can be their attempt at making their own language to rule the world with O_O

Your friend is very questionable!

BHBadger 07-14-2010 01:38 AM

I think it could be a code actually. It also could be in Chinese...

Thanks so much for your help. I knew a few characters, but I'm having trouble figuring out most of them.

Let me know if you think of anything else!

BHB

kirakira 07-14-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHBadger (Post 819774)
I think it could be a code actually. It also could be in Chinese...

Thanks so much for your help. I knew a few characters, but I'm having trouble figuring out most of them.

Let me know if you think of anything else!

BHB

Definitely not Chinese because it would made have made some sense to a Japanese speaker.

More than likely, that message is made by a foreigner who has no knowledge of Kanji. Reminds me of those crap SuperDry T-shirts.