LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-20-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
chiuchimu-- Do you ever return to Japan? would you like to live there again do you think?
Not in the last 8 years, but yes I used to go about every other year when I was a kid and as an adult, every three to five years for things like weddings and funerals.

Would I like to live in japan? Yes and No. I'm pretty established here in Southern California. I don't want to move around even in the states. Also, SoCal has a big Japanese community so it's not like I'm missing out on anything. I get the best of both worlds here.

But the Idea of retiring in Japan in a rural community has crossed my mind. America is a bit harsh for the old and weak.

(#22 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-28-2010, 03:07 AM

Depends on what part of the US your in for some of that. Midwest, Southwest, Mountain west, Pacific, Deep South..New England states..they are all practically different countries in some ways. I'm from Iowa, wich has a large population of older folks.

I don't disagree that it can be rough in the states, however, that's part of the American culture. Government stays out of your buisiness and gives you the freedom to succeed or fail on your own. If your down on your luck you depend on family, friends or neighbors, cause government won't help. ( leastways they aren't supposed to.)