JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sanchii (Offline)
New to JF

Arrow who wants to be in a jrock band? - 01-06-2011, 11:47 PM

Who has ever wanted to be in a band inspired by japanese bands? i always wondered, since so many people like jrock and music. does anyone here, have this dream? to either start a band or be in a band in japan???

What's a signature?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-06-2011, 11:48 PM

Mmm not really no...

Being in a J-rock band sounds more like a nightmare than a dream to me.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sanchii (Offline)
New to JF

01-06-2011, 11:52 PM

Really? how come it would be a nightmare to you?

What's a signature?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
01-07-2011, 12:27 AM

I'm musicaly inspirated by those bands. I think that be in a J-rock band is the same to be in a band for any other country, only depends what rock style that you will play. What is the difference in play hard rock or metal in a Jrock band or in a another country band?
despite to be a Visual Key bands fan I never dreamed to play guitar in this kind of band, mainly in a band like Versailles, althought I like their musics, they are very far of my beauty sense...

but if this pay well ... hahaha

Video Games: Serious Business

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-07-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchii View Post
Really? how come it would be a nightmare to you?
Nah I did not say it would be a nightmare, I said it'd be a nightmare more than a dream. J-rock music is no inspiration to me, so being a former member of a J-rock band isn't really something I aspire to.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sanchii (Offline)
New to JF

01-07-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIFFIX View Post
I'm musicaly inspirated by those bands. I think that be in a J-rock band is the same to be in a band for any other country, only depends what rock style that you will play. What is the difference in play hard rock or metal in a Jrock band or in a another country band?
despite to be a Visual Key bands fan I never dreamed to play guitar in this kind of band, mainly in a band like Versailles, althought I like their musics, they are very far of my beauty sense...

but if this pay well ... hahaha
there is no difference really. except the language and the fact that if you were in a japanese band in japan and make it big, you would be able to play along bands that inspired you too, like your role models. and that would be extraordinary. and of course the style. so you don't find versailles style beautiful? lol you play guitar in a band?

What's a signature?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
01-07-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchii View Post
there is no difference really. except the language and the fact that if you were in a japanese band in japan and make it big, you would be able to play along bands that inspired you too, like your role models. and that would be extraordinary. and of course the style. so you don't find versailles style beautiful? lol you play guitar in a band?
For me there is no diference in write a lyric in English or Japanese, If your lyrics are good and have intensity independent of the language, someone will like it, of course I'm talking only in a semantic view.
Yeah, Versailles is not beautiful for me, some members style seems very "artificial" for me, they don't pass to me the sensation of be what they are trying to act. For ME their visual is not very efective.

But X Japan old days style was very efective for me, the reason for me in be a X Japan fan was your dressing style and their slogan "Psychedelic violence crime of visual shock". I saw a X japan photo with this slogan when I was 10 years old and this let me very interested in listen to their songs.

I used to play in a band (nothing serious, only guys searching for fun) but nowadays the university let me very busy for do it again.

Video Games: Serious Business

Last edited by SCIFFIX : 01-07-2011 at 01:23 AM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to BakaTensei
01-07-2011, 03:44 AM

im in a band and were all are pretty influenced by the likes of straightener, and a few friends who listen to jrock have said we remind them of it but I would never considering myself jrock because of the lack of J :P
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Raijingusan (Offline)
New to JF

01-07-2011, 08:00 AM

I want to have a jrock band one day,its my dream.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
01-07-2011, 12:28 PM

I'd love to be in a J-Rock band. That would be awesome. I see myself as Kyo Mk.II. lol.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)