JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
yumyumtimtam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Dreams and Interpretations - 10-09-2010, 03:29 AM

<SleepAddict>
Have you ever had a strange dream, and upon waking up you are unable to comprehend what the dream meant?
Perhaps you will be able to find someone to interpret the dream here.
Just post up some of your more peculiar dreams and see what others think of them.

<Yumyumtimtam>
and I've got some questions
would like to ask you.

1)Do you dream in colour, or black and white?
I never had a black and white dream,
but there are a few people say they never had one with colour!

2)Are you able to realize that it's just a dream while you are dreaming?
When or if you do, can you do whatever you want in that dream?

from SleepAddict and Yumyumtimtam

Last edited by yumyumtimtam : 10-09-2010 at 03:32 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
10-09-2010, 04:01 AM

I interpret my own dreams, but I'm pretty sure that dreams can't be interpreted in detail and correctly by random people on the internet.

1. Color, though there have been times where my dreams are highly desaturated, but none completely black and white.

2. I do this a lot (lucid dreaming). Sometimes I play around with my dream, but usually I have a "screw this, next!" attitude where I either wake up or switch dreams.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-09-2010, 04:31 AM

I've been having peculiar dreams recently, for 3 nights in succession. And they were very lucid, I can still remember the first one vividly. They all had a theme about relationships, though. First it was about my friends, then my family and then my love life. I dunno if my dreams are trying to tell me something or that it's a premonition of some sort, but it's a little too coincidental for me. O.o

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2010, 05:01 AM

I never had a black and white dream,
but there are a few people say they never had one with colour!

I think perhaps I've had a few dreams where the color was drained out but not really black and white. I know I have most of my dreams in color and dreams where particular colors are important.

When or if you do, can you do whatever you want in that dream?

Every so often I can have a dream going along a sort of plot line and it will suddenly go in a direction that seems wrong and that jars me to a point where I become alert enough to redirect it to the way I want to go. I can sometimes also jump from person to person in the dream and play it from different points of view or jump out and just be entirely the "cameraman" for a while.

I want to have a solid flying dream but the closest I get is being able to jump really far - like hill top to hill top.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-09-2010, 09:02 AM

Most of my dreams are about skiing down endless slopes of deep, dry powder snow. Don't need anyone to interpret those for me. I already know I'm hopelessly addicted to skiing!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-09-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtimtam View Post

<SleepAddict>
Have you ever had a strange dream, and upon waking up you are unable to comprehend what the dream meant?
Perhaps you will be able to find someone to interpret the dream here.
Just post up some of your more peculiar dreams and see what others think of them.

<Yumyumtimtam>
and I've got some questions
would like to ask you.

Depends on the dream. Normally it's ordinary colour, sometimes I dream in black and white, sometimes black and white with highlights (eg, anything yellow is in colour, the rest isn't), sometimes it all runs on a monochromatic theme (eg, everything is in shades of blue)

Almost never. I've had a few dreams where I've clued in that it's just a dream, but they're few and far between and always of one very particular sort. Often I kind of half-realize but I'm busy playing the part of someone else and I want to keep rolling and see where the story goes, so I let the knowledge that it's just a dream slide.

Does anyone else get sensory input during their dreams? I mean like taste, touch, smell, pain, hot, cold etc or is it all limited to visuals for you?

And have you ever died in a dream?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
Does anyone else get sensory input during their dreams? I mean like taste, touch, smell, pain, hot, cold etc or is it all limited to visuals for you?

I've thought about this before, I think what I see while dreaming is vivid to a point where I want to say there was a sense of touch and maybe smell. I've been in places where being hot or cold were an issue but more saw effects than felt them. No sense of taste at all even when eating or drinking. Once I dreamt about eating an ice cream cone, but it tasted so bad I woke up - the whole corner of my pillow was wet like I'd been licking it. >_> So really my pillow did not taste like vanilla ice cream.

I have died in accidents and been killed in dreams but I don't go through with the experience. I jump out of my body into cameraman mode or become someone else.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

10-09-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post

I've always thought dreams, per se, were meant to induce complete hallucinations/illusions over hosts, at least for me. I ate dessert recently, in a dream; it tasted just as I'd imagined it. I got a nightmare about a vampire sinking its fangs into my neck once, it totally felt like a syringe was being injected into that precise spot. I think our minds are very powerful matters, which can have very tangible and explicit psychological effects on us. For people with palpable imaginations, these psychological effects can, in turn, be translated into biological ones easily. Then there's the issue of sleep-eating, ha ha, I bet that happens.

As for dying, I think I have, a few times. I usually drift to a third-person view, just before the incident or immediately after. Then I wake up, in a temporal state of limbo.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
10-09-2010, 01:27 PM

I actually love to dream. Over the years I have been able to "control" them to some extent. I'm not totally sure if my dreams are in black and white or color...I've honestly never paid attention. I have felt pain in my dreams also. Just a few days ago I had the worst nightmare of my life. I did something in my dream I would NEVER even CONSIDER doing in my waking life. I was helpless to stop the dream or alter it in any way as it was happening and, when it was done I immediately awoke sobbing and, pretty much freaking out. I've considered researching the meaning of it to try and understand why my mind would go to such a dark place but, I honestly don't want to think about it anymore.

Nardy ~ I'm not sure what your dreams about your relationships is all about. I DO like the fact that you've had similar dreams 3 consecutive nights in a row...that's pretty badass.

Peace Love Recycle
(#10 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

10-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
Nardy ~ I'm not sure what your dreams about your relationships is all about. I DO like the fact that you've had similar dreams 3 consecutive nights in a row...that's pretty badass.
The themes were similar but they were quite different in context, Oren. One was strangely humorous, another was about singing to someone on a deathbed, and there was this part where I was choking on my words in an awkward (but really romantic) moment.