JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

who's staying and who's leaving Japan - 03-17-2011, 03:11 AM

I am in the process of packing and shipping thing back home, but i honestly dont want to go. I only been here 6 months but is suppose stay for 11 months but everyone in my dorm is leaving to go home. I dont want to wait until its too late but I want to leave hastily...i dont know what to do at this point.

What have you guys decided to do?

Check out my VBlog to Japan Fall 2010- Spring 2011...The adventure HAS ALREADY STARTED CHECK IT OUT!http://www.youtube.com/user/mousee09
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tenmins (Offline)
JF Regular

03-17-2011, 03:14 AM

Are you worried about radiation, lack of food, increased crime, more earthquakes or all of the above?

Less is more...

http://www.tenmins.com
(#3 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-17-2011, 03:17 AM

No plans of leaving beyond those that were already planned well before all this happened. Just had a Japanese couple come in this morning looking at buying our house. Young couple with a child on the way. Life going on as normal here. Can't imagine life has been affected overly much in Kyoto either?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-17-2011, 03:21 AM

I see no reason to leave Japan, and only reason to leave the area (as in move to another part of Japan) if you`re in one of the areas that have suffered damage.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

03-17-2011, 03:23 AM

It's funny because I'm in Tokyo and many people I know are actually fleeing to Kyoto/Osaka, but you're in Kyoto and are leaving..

I'm personally going to take a break with some friends in Taiwan because school is cancelled for the next two weeks and their parents are freaked out and want them to leave the country for a bit, and I'm tagging along. So I've booked a ten day trip and then back to Tokyo.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Steeler83 (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2011, 03:44 AM

My American friend is living there near Tomioka-shi, Gumma, Japan and spoke to him skype last night and he is going to be staying there. I believe the radiation is only dangerous about 30 miles round the reactors? unless of course the winds change that.

Last edited by Steeler83 : 03-17-2011 at 03:49 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Naatan (Offline)
New to JF

We are alive - 03-17-2011, 03:52 AM

Hello, there.
Like you, Japanese people who do not live in afflicted areas are also worried, too. From glossary stores here in Osaka, rice bags were all sold out...
We are alive and strong enough to continue our livings and things we can.
Don't worry about the disaster. Don't waste your precious time in Japan.
Please enjoy staying in Japan.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-17-2011, 05:06 AM

yes i really want to stay, however my parents are extremely worried about that goes for my friends and familly. That part of the reason, also the radiation but no so much.

The same thing happening in kyoto, there is no water to be find here. I was feeling so at ease until all the exchange students are leaving. Only the americans and canadian people here are staying....which i may do the same but i guess prepare for worst which is why i started packing, but i really hope all goes well.

I am really enjoying my time here and worried my friends that i have made here.I dont want to leave them.

Check out my VBlog to Japan Fall 2010- Spring 2011...The adventure HAS ALREADY STARTED CHECK IT OUT!http://www.youtube.com/user/mousee09
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kaaaaatie (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2011, 05:58 AM

No one can judge what would happen if the radiation can't control. Leaving for a while if you can, after the radiation under control then go back. In fact, the air-crews are not so willing fly to Tokyo that's why Japan airline offering high pay to them in this critical time.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

03-17-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaaaatie View Post
that's why Japan airline offering high pay to them in this critical time.
Can you site a source for this statement?