JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bigboy69 (Offline)
New to JF

Going to Tokyo in June, I have questions! - 05-02-2011, 10:29 PM

So I am going to Tokyo for 10 days for the first time this June with a friend and we are very excited. We are both 20 years old. I just have a few random questions and I am open to any suggestions of things I should do while I am in Tokyo as well. (I will also be spending a few in Osaka and possibly Kyoto).

I am pretty flirty and am wondering if in general, Japanese girls are interested in blonde white boys?

Where are some cool spots to check out that aren't too touristy?

Where are the best arcades?

What is a good way to make friends?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
bigboy69 (Offline)
New to JF

Going to Japan in June! - 05-02-2011, 10:36 PM

So I am going to Tokyo for 10 days for the first time this June with a friend and we are very excited. We are both 20 years old. I just have a few random questions and I am open to any suggestions of things I should do while I am in Tokyo as well. (I will also be spending a few in Osaka and possibly Kyoto).

I am pretty flirty and am wondering if in general, Japanese girls are interested in blonde white boys?

(#3 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-02-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy69 View Post

Japanese women are interested in white men about as much as they are interested in all other men. There some women that have a thing for foreigners, but on the whole it matters much more about what you as in individual can bring to the table than what race you are. So unless you are a rock star with girls back home already do not expect them to just wet their pants at your presence here, especially in Tokyo since foreigners are all over the place anyway.

Oh and do not expect to get very far with most women either, unless you can hold a decent conversation in Japanese.

Last edited by RickOShay : 05-02-2011 at 11:29 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-02-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy69 View Post

I would say in general Japanese women are interested in men who live in Japan, and are not just visiting on a short vacation.

I never really considered any place besides Disneyland and Universal Studios "touristy".

Arcades? Do you mean shopping arcades, or places to play video games?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
4drfocus (Offline)
New to JF

05-03-2011, 12:05 AM

Bigboy69, what days will you be in Tokyo? I'll be in the Kanto region from May 31 to June 15, I'm 24, if you want to meet up and hang out for a bit let me know.