JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Are online relationships common in Japan? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/38695-online-relationships-common-japan.html)

spicytuna 08-05-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brass (Post 874903)
You must be extremely attractive (or rich)? I couldn't imagine that happening to 99% of people.

I'd say that I'm average looking.

I should also state that both of my parents are Japanese so I'm assuming these girls felt a sense of security about me before coming.

Brass 08-05-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytuna (Post 874910)
I'd say that I'm average looking.

I should also state that both of my parents are Japanese so I'm assuming these girls felt a sense of security about me before coming.

Oh I didn't know you were japanese, thats probably a huge factor.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your senario doesn't happen to 99% of western men who talk to japanese women online unless they are brad pitt looking or as rich as warren buffet.

Oshimaida 08-05-2011 11:04 PM

i met a Japanese girl on the web, dated her over a year

Oshimaida 08-05-2011 11:07 PM

so i could be a common thing

MMM 08-05-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brass (Post 874823)
What purpose do I serve? Maybe they want to learn better english, maybe they like teaching japanese and sharing culture. When I use to penpal a lot I'd always get asked about current TV shows and current music and things like that. And a lot like telling me about their lives. I don't know, it's not for everybody, but some people like it. And of course their local boyfriend can serve their needs I can't obviously serve like taking her out to dinner or sex.

But that is not a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, that is a language partner or a penpal.

Brass 08-06-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 874935)
But that is not a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, that is a language partner or a penpal.

Ok fine, a penpal relationship with some romantic talk.

MMM 08-06-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brass (Post 874939)

No wonder you are having trouble.

OHayou 08-06-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brass (Post 874939)

I don't understand where you're going with this. People have confirmed that some Japanese girls do, in fact, engage in long distance "romantic" relationships and have also discussed possible websites to find them. You want us to go out and reel one in for ya too?

Please don't take this the wrong way but have you ever been in an actual relationship before (I mean one where you could physically touch the person lol)??

It sounds like you haven't because you are saying such ridiculous things such as "you have to look like Brad Pitt or be as rich as Warren Buffet to get a Japanese girl."

Reality Check: Go out and talk to girls in "real life" and get some experience because even if your dopey Snuffaluffagus "if only some girl would like a guy :deep depressive sigh: like me" shtick works you'll end up chasing them away by being clingy or just insecure (which = unattractive).

Tough love baby :man hug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 874940)
No wonder you are having trouble.

lol.!!

Brass 08-06-2011 08:35 AM

Guys... I'm 28 years old and have been in a lot of relationships lol. I even posted in this forums about my previous relationship and you guys jumped all over me. I'm not the loser you guys imagine. I just want a japanese girlfriend online.

Kayci 08-06-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brass (Post 874971)
Guys... I'm 28 years old and have been in a lot of relationships lol. I even posted in this forums about my previous relationship and you guys jumped all over me. I'm not the loser you guys imagine. I just want a japanese girlfriend online.

Well, that DOES make it sound like a loser thing. (I am sorry, I am HONESTLY not calling you one, just saying thats what it sounds like.)

I mean, you can wait more to find a wonderful girl, Japanese, Chinese, American, Kenyan, whatever and be with her more in person first.
Mind you, I did relationship with a guy I met online. (Here in fact). As I got to know him in person and be with him more...he turned out to be indeed quite the frog.