JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan News & Events (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/)
-   -   Hachinohe, Japan earthquake 6.7 magnitude (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/37958-hachinohe-japan-earthquake-6-7-magnitude.html)

doukamisama 06-23-2011 03:16 AM

Hachinohe, Japan earthquake 6.7 magnitude

Today’s quake hit about 47km off the shore of Iwate prefecture at 6:51am (local time), the Japan Meteorological Agency said. Much of the coast in the area is still heavily damaged from March’s disasters.

for more info -> JAPAN BREAKING NEWS ONLINE
hope everyone is ok

JBaymore 06-23-2011 06:35 PM

Is it me.... or is that image no where near Hachinohe? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

RickOShay 06-23-2011 08:55 PM

The coast that was damaged was along the pacific ocean. And despite the high magnitude, the shaking (at least according to that scale, a 4) was not very intense. In other words that was a nothing earthquake, and I am just hearing about it right now.

JohnBraden 06-23-2011 09:08 PM

Yeah, Hachinohe is close to the border between Aomori and Iwate.... way way up there and on the other coast.... Been there many, many times while in the USAF....

Nyororin 06-23-2011 10:10 PM

Looks like they used an image that was of the most recent earthquake to have happened when they looked at the site, just assuming it was the larger one... Instead of one of the countless tiny ones that happen all the time.

Check the time stamp. :D

JBaymore 06-24-2011 08:15 PM

Yeah... I know exactly where Hachinohe is..... was just being "......whatever". ;) Also the intensity of that one is a 4 according to the scale.

best,

...........john

Prostak 07-30-2011 09:32 PM

マグニチュード6.4の地震は、北東部、日本で今日起こっ た。東京 - 日本のチャンネルNHKとして、微動はライジングサンの首 都に感じられた。津波警報が受信されました。今は - ない負傷者は少なくとも、報告されなかった。
I am able to give an opportunity to stay here, in my home, for any family from Japan that suffered from the disaster (earthquake): as long as they need it by themselves. I can speak and read Japanese (not fluently).

JohnBraden 07-30-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prostak (Post 874073)
マグニチュード6.4の地震は、北東部、日本で今日起こっ た。東京 - 日本のチャンネルNHKとして、微動はライジングサンの首 都に感じられた。津波警報が受信されました。今は - ない負傷者は少なくとも、報告されなかった。
I am able to give an opportunity to stay here, in my home, for any family from Japan that suffered from the disaster (earthquake): as long as they need it by themselves. I can speak and read Japanese (not fluently).

Dude, you are sooooooooooooooooooo late to jump on this idiotic bandwagon, it's not even funny....

Prostak 07-30-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBraden (Post 874074)
Dude, you are sooooooooooooooooooo late to jump on this idiotic bandwagon, it's not even funny....

I wish you stay don`t to know what does it means, an earthquake... Nevertheless: don't you laught so funny (as any muslim!) when it occurs to others..... Let you stay as most americains: a contemporaly person (at least!), my darling...

JohnBraden 07-30-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prostak (Post 874080)
I wish you stay don`t to know what does it means, an earthquake... Nevertheless: don't you laught so funny (as any muslim!) when it occurs to others..... Let you stay as most americains: a contemporaly person (at least!), my darling...

I really had to read this a few times to try to decipher what you tried to say, to no avail...

But I'll indulge you....

1. Do you have over $6000 to fly a family of 4 from Japan to Israel?
2. How about the over $6000 it would cost to fly them back?
3. Are you going to pay for the passport processing for them? They probably don't have a need for a passport on a usual basis.
4. Are you going to have them wait for visas too?
5. What are they going to do while they 'visit' you?
6. Can they work in Israel without papers?
7. Are you going to pay for all their meals?
8. What kind of medical facilities can they use?
9. What about schools?

And the list can go on and on and on....

So, have you woken up yet to from your naive, yet honorable, dream? Think about it.... you're not the only one who came here posting this 'idiotic' request. By the way, most people here aren't Japanese.

And wtf are you talking about "muslim" to me? Have I given you any indication I was muslim? Or are you perpetuating the hostility Israel has with its neighbors by making fun of them?

Grow up!