JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   American Cosplayers (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/23174-american-cosplayers.html)

Miyavifan 02-15-2009 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 675291)
I think hard-core Harley riders and Southern belle beauty queens look just as, if not more ridiculous. Thankfully for them, my opinion means almost nothing to them.

And check out these cosplayers...FROM JAPAN

ok, it shows up now... and huh... I guess not all Japanese cosplayers are better than American ones.

MMM 02-15-2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyavifan (Post 675301)
I don't know why, but the image doesn't show up at all.

Weird...I totally see it in your quote...

EDIT:
Whoops...looks like they might have caught on...well..imagine four sumo wrestlers in Sailor Moon outfits...

Miyavifan 02-15-2009 05:24 AM

and again.. now it doesn't show up?

It might be good it's not showing up again... (sorry, I'm just feeling a little mean right now)

alanX 02-15-2009 06:41 AM

Americans can't do it at all...like...even if they had the coolest costume ever made, still....it wouldn't be as good as Japanese...like....no matter what..just..no. Ever.

MMM 02-15-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanX (Post 675319)
Americans can't do it at all...like...even if they had the coolest costume ever made, still....it wouldn't be as good as Japanese...like....no matter what..just..no. Ever.

Ever been to a convention? You'd be surprised what people can do.

alanX 02-15-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 675327)
Ever been to a convention? You'd be surprised what people can do.

Yeah I know, but there's just something missing, you know? Like...they just don't have that PIZAZZZZ!!!!!

I don't know, it's hard to explain =P

Tsuwabuki 02-15-2009 07:15 AM

You know. I cosplay.

Every Halloween.

I dressed up as Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi and went to school like that, and the students loved it, and the Japanese teachers thought it was great. Why? Because Halloween is a western holiday, and I was doing my job.

Aside from that though, I see absolutely nothing wrong with costuming. I have other reasons to costume, although I do it very rarely. and I assure you, my costumes always look good.

Every seen pictures of The Colonial Fleet? Look 'em up. I maintain a degree of anonymity on this forum, but I'm one of those frakkers, and we spend anywhere from $400+ for our uniforms. Let's not even discuss patches, props, weapons...

iPhantom 02-15-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burkhartdesu (Post 675279)

+1

Win.

You see, there are great American cosplayers.

BTW, why just include America? Is Europe better?

But of course Asia has MORE pros... and the west has LESS. But they still have... you just have to dig harder.

It's because Asia is the motherland of cosplay.

Blac 02-15-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

I think that is unfair! I've seen plenty of good american cosplays! And who cares if its not perfect? It's fun to cosplay. I don't care if it looks great or not, I work really hard on my cosplays, and if people say its crappy that hurts my feelings but it doesn't stop me from having fun!
I agree with you... but ever since i have witnessed a gruesome cosplay of a dark magician girl by a big fat dude...

anyway this is one of my fav.

Naoko 02-15-2009 01:03 PM

I love cosplay...no matter if it's the "perfect" costume or not. It takes guts to do that, and especially if you're here in the US - it's harder to find the pieces of your costume...unless you're some sewing master lol. The only problem I have is when um...there's no nice way to put this...certain body types squeeze into things they shouldn't wear..........there's ways to do this tastefully, and for some people that notion flies over their head and into the great beyond.