JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
selfhelp (Offline)
New to JF

Our family - 09-30-2010, 09:34 AM

G'day こんばんは

We are an Australian family (5 of us, 3 children 21, 19 and 16 years old).
We arrive in Japan on 1 December and leave on 15 December.

Thanks to the terrific advice on the forum, most of our arrangements are sorted so I don't have many questions.

We plan 5 days in Tokyo, 4 days in Nagano, 3 in Kyoto and then last 3 days in Tokyo. Here's some questions you wonderful people may have some thoughts on.

1. We will buy 7 days JR Rail tickets for travel between cities before arriving in Japan (our plan from Tokyo to Tokyo is 7 days). Should we try to split these 7 days differently? Would you suggest any days in a different city?

2. We haven't finalised accommodation in Nagano and Kyoto. We are thinking Nozawa Onsen in Nagano and Ryokan Shimizu in Kyoto. Any of your suggestions are appreciated

Well again, thanks for the service that the forum and its community provides, and we'll send you a postcard!

Last edited by selfhelp : 09-30-2010 at 09:39 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-30-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfhelp View Post
G'day こんばんは

We are an Australian family (5 of us, 3 children 21, 19 and 16 years old).
We arrive in Japan on 1 December and leave on 15 December.

Thanks to the terrific advice on the forum, most of our arrangements are sorted so I don't have many questions.

We plan 5 days in Tokyo, 4 days in Nagano, 3 in Kyoto and then last 3 days in Tokyo. Here's some questions you wonderful people may have some thoughts on.

1. We will buy 7 days JR Rail tickets for travel between cities before arriving in Japan (our plan from Tokyo to Tokyo is 7 days). Should we try to split these 7 days differently? Would you suggest any days in a different city?

2. We haven't finalised accommodation in Nagano and Kyoto. We are thinking Nozawa Onsen in Nagano and Ryokan Shimizu in Kyoto. Any of your suggestions are appreciated

Well again, thanks for the service that the forum and its community provides, and we'll send you a postcard!
I don't know what Nagano has to offer, so I can't say how many days there is good. Three days in Kyoto is about right, however, I think it is worth making time to do a day trip from Kyoto to Nara. The Deer Park and Great Buddha are worth the trip.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

10-01-2010, 12:46 AM

I have been to Nagano specifically Nozawa Onsen, if you guys love to ski then its the place to be although I am not sure if the ski are already open early december , depends on the snow we will have this year.

I basically tour the whole place in less than a day, that includes a trip to the onsen and a lovely lunch at a local ramen store. But 4 days? personally I think its just too long ..

maybe u guys can also include a trip to hiroshima since u are buying the jr rail pass, a day or 2 in hiroshima is worth the trip ..

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------