JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Afraid to go to Japan because I'm Mexican (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/6249-afraid-go-japan-because-im-mexican.html)

QuoyaNatsume 08-16-2007 11:44 PM

don't knock the art If she wants to show her stuff then let her. She wont be young 4eva :mtongue: (Grow up) :rolleyes:

shuyin14 04-15-2008 09:09 AM

hahaha it's funny, I was actually wondering the same thing. XD a girl stopped talking to me after I told her, so it made me wonder a bit. I do look forward to the day I can see Japan for myself, I should be able to sometime next year; I hope you, as well can see it for yourself too. Suerte amigo!

odonata 04-16-2008 02:07 PM

Mexicans are the masters of tequila as the japanese are the masters of sake. I am sure that you can find a common ground.

In my short stay in Tokyo I have seen many races so I don't think a mex is going to cause too much fuss unless you are planning to walk around in full mex dress in which case expect to be in allot of photos and sign the breasts of many teenage girls (joke).

godwine 04-21-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odonata (Post 462010)
sign the breasts of many teenage girls (joke).

lol, wouldn't that be the reason to go there????

I actually think that he will blend in quite well (dress all in traditional MEX clothing) around Akiba and Harajuku given the cosplay culture there

But its true, there are ALL kinds of culture around the major cities. My Italian friend went with me last year and he didn't cause a scene, a couple of school kid was fascinated by the "Gaijin" (one kid yelled that out loud) on the train to miyajima and there were some people staring at the Omiya station and thats about it. In both cases, it is absolutely rare to see non Japanese people in these area, but otherwise thats about it

aikochan86 04-22-2008 12:05 AM

There were a couple of Mexicans at a hostel I stayed at and they seemed to be having a pretty good time.

cami71213 04-22-2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenit (Post 197929)
heres one good one: i'm afraid to go to japan because my fears are stupid.
Stop talking as if they were aliens please.

We're not saying you guys are aliens. People call us Hispanics aliens all the time. We're just saying that we're afraid of disrespecting anyone and people get mad at us. Because Japanese people are very respectful and traditional, we just don't wanna screw anything up.
...at least thats what I'm kinda uneasy about.

Hope I said got my message across. I'm kinda not good with words.:ywave:

Ronin4hire 04-22-2008 12:40 AM

You should stay in Mexico then... in fact maybe you shouldn't go anywhere if you're so scared of your Mexican heritage and the attention it might attract.

SubZero15 04-22-2008 06:48 PM

A Mexican scared of Japan?????? Que chinga***?!?

If there was a question of a japanese guy going to Juarez, then it's a whole different story, but c'mon, the closest thing Japan has of Mexican is probably Taco Bell (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm also going over there.) But just go ahead!

tommasi 04-22-2008 07:21 PM

Yea, Mexicans will be fine in Japan.

It's not LA so you are stereotype free in Japan.

Only people who should be scared to go to Japan are Vegetarians!!

There should seriously be a thread for "I'm scared to go to Japan because I'm a Vegetarian!!"

People don't get it and you will never be able to eat out.

You can survive in Japan without eating meat but not seafood...

koaku 04-22-2008 07:41 PM

i just hate these thread.." Im afraid to go to Japan because Im..." DAMN! so JUST STAY HOME! lol When i was a kid (small small kid LIKE 5 or 6 yrs old) i was afraid about going to school....damn...Im 19 and i still alive...The world is big and there a lot of thing to see...if you want to stay scared about everything...stay home and watch Baywatch..lol