JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Why do many japanese want to have white skin? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/14839-why-do-many-japanese-want-have-white-skin.html)

JoshAussie 06-13-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnamelessx (Post 469281)
i dont agree that white skin is prettier than black skin. first of there isnt just white and black skin. there are different races and secondly not all races are the same. that cusing me. im 3/4 black. i dont wish i had white skin. :mad:

Im Curious as to how you became "3/4 Black" not that it matters but i just thought you would go off of your mother and fathers skin color.. im assuming you counted grandparents in there maybe? (that wasnt meant to sound offensive in any way just curious why you typed 3/4 :p)

interesting topic i read somewhere that japanese girls thought that "white is right" but i never knew why so this post is shedding some light on that

does the makeup that makes them look white and get blonde hair have anything to do with this? (some1 must know what im talking about ><) or was it just a random fad? and is it still going on?

greenteajunkie 06-16-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asouatiqah (Post 469245)
usually white skin looks prettier than black.
but it depends..

black skin people wish to have white skin n
white skin people wish to have black skin...
this is weired but it is reality ^^"

I'm sorry, but i'm white and have a pale complexion, but i don't want black skin!:confused:

sillygodxdisco 06-16-2008 04:43 AM

well i like paler skin better because i think it looks better with jet black hair which is what i have. :)

greenteajunkie 06-16-2008 05:49 AM

true, it does. i mean if your going for punk or emo, or whatever.

Senshi 06-16-2008 06:52 AM

I'm black, so I'd have to say I like my skin. Which is actually brown....

But anyway I think there are pros and cons. Depending on where you live darker skin or lighter skin is better, because of skin cancer in lower latitudes or not getting enough light in higher latitudes and thus vitamin D deficiency.

Other than that, what you like probably has more to do with what skin color your family is, and how you grow up than anything else. I don't like really pale skin or really dark skin, so I'd have to say this is all up to the individual, and the social environment they grew up in.

Emogirl 06-16-2008 07:57 PM

i think it's depend on the person

black skin people wish to have white skin n
white skin people wish to have black skin...
this is weired but it is reality

SmMo 06-16-2008 08:24 PM

yellow and happy about it!

no but seriously i get pale fast during winter and tanned quick in the summer, yay!

Ryuuchan 06-17-2008 03:42 PM

I find it weird wanting to have white skin. Personally, I got as pale skin as living person possibly can get (if not albino of course..) and I can assue everyone that even small impurities of white skin show too good and you blushing tends to show kilometres away.. plus you got damn easily burned! Like 10min? in the sun just after winter times can make you red as a crab (depends on a person a bit though but.. -anyways) :(

Forbidden 06-18-2008 03:25 AM

I have fair-ish skin, I love that my face is really pale though XD

Yuna7780 06-18-2008 03:46 AM

AHHH!!! I hate being pale. I like I just came out of 19th Century England. During the summer, I go out everyday for three hours swimming and more time doing other random things and I don\'t get tan! :( :(
But the great thing is that I have not gotten burnt so far! I\'m so proud of my achievement! ^^ *hugs sunscreen*