JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   GYARU style definition. (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/6739-gyaru-style-definition.html)

Bloomzy 08-03-2007 05:33 PM

GYARU style definition.

I thought I would make this thread because a lot of people don't know how to distinguish between the different CURRENT Gyaru trends, or actually know any of them apart from Ganguro.

ギャル系・ GYARU-KEI

General style, which doesn't require a tan, although most gals have one.
Fashions can be worn by both Ganguro (tanned Gals) or Ganjiro (untanned Gals).
Has many sub-categories.

ギャル男・ GYARU-OH

Male counterpart of Gyaru.
Hair is often in a mullet style, ranging from light brown to silver to pink!
Usual clothes are clubwear, sweats with tank tops or a stylish jeans + tank top + open shirt combo. They don't wear makeup but are usually well tanned, although a tan isn't a requirement.

マンバ)・ MANBA

The updated version of Yamamba. Manba has evolved since 2004, when it featured a lot of hawaiian prints, leis, face stickers and pastel-coloured hair. The style now has much thicker white makeup, brighter and more varied coloured eyeshadow, light to extreme panda makeup, coloured eyelashes and diamantes around the eyes. Clothing ranges from neon clubwear to sweat suits, but no longer includes the hawaiian accessories or hude amounts of stickers under the eyes. Hair tends to be bright, flourescent colours or blonde and is cut in a mullet style or braided.

姫ギャル・ HIMEGYARU

Meaning Princess GAL it is a style characterized by pink make-up and long eyelashes as well as either tan or very light skin. Huge hair in a bouffant/beehive is practically the uniform. Lots of fur and rich materials as well as lace and velvet are common. High heels are always a must, as well as a good structured handbag preferably white, black, or pink. Animal prints as well as rhinestones, roses, orchids, and other flowers

There are many many more styles that I haven't mentioned such as banba, sentaa etc. I thought it was best to keep with these to start with and if people want to know more I am happy to post again.

xinyi 08-03-2007 05:35 PM

ohoh i am so sure i have seen your handle before XD
random but, what other forums do you frequent? o-o;;

and this post is informative, goodjob yo XD

edit~~ do you use GJ?

Bloomzy 08-03-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xinyi (Post 195472)
ohoh i am so sure i have seen your handle before XD
random but, what other forums do you frequent? o-o;;

and this post is informative, goodjob yo XD

edit~~ do you use GJ?

haha yeah I'm pretty certain I'm the only Bloomzy out there XD

I'm on ricoche, cho scandalous, booteek.
I'm on LJ...not GJ though.

Burukuu 08-07-2007 01:21 AM

Very little info here..but correct info..good job.

nippon 08-07-2007 01:24 AM

GYARU-OH is the best style in the world i dresss it and the entire world should

tiki808 08-07-2007 01:30 AM

my friend kinda looks like a gyaru-oh..hes japanese but tan cause he goes to the beach everyday so just his face and skin..that style is pretty cool the guys dont look that bad:D

Bloomzy 08-07-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burukuu (Post 198168)
Very little info here..but correct info..good job.

HAHA well I wasn't going to post the wrong info. I thought it was best not to overpower people with information, since a lot of people on here are new to Gyaru :p

MMM 08-07-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloomzy (Post 198733)
HAHA well I wasn't going to post the wrong info. I thought it was best not to overpower people with information, since a lot of people on here are new to Gyaru :p

Enough info for me! Thanks, Bloomzy. At least I found it informative.

Bloomzy 08-07-2007 06:20 PM

^^ No problem :D

ButterflyDemise 08-07-2007 08:46 PM

Thank you for explaining each type~ I thought it was all lugged into one thing. haha. I really like all the versions (now), and the male Gyaru-Oh looks much better than I remember~! (^^)