JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Cosplay (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/8713-cosplay.html)

Danierux 10-15-2007 03:04 AM

Cosplay

Have you ever done it? If so what were you??

I dressed up as a Umbrella Corp. (Resident Evil) Scientist. Complete with name badge (Pics to come :) )

Sachiko 10-15-2007 03:05 AM

yep, haruhi suzumiya

XD

good times, good times.

Danierux 10-15-2007 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sachiko (Post 268228)
yep, haruhi suzumiya

XD

good times, good times.

Was that at a supanova convention??

Sachiko 10-15-2007 03:13 AM

uh, nup.

^_^

Danierux 10-15-2007 06:21 AM

Wow I guess cosplay aint that popular for westerners? hehe

Visi0n 10-25-2007 04:46 AM

mehh.. not really interested in cosplay xP

MMM 10-25-2007 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danierux (Post 268273)
Wow I guess cosplay aint that popular for westerners? hehe

Oh it is!

Mecha Mecha Media

gloomth 10-25-2007 02:24 PM

there are a LOT of westerners who do cosplay.

I dont.
but ive worked at conventions where there have been TONS of cosplayers.
i know its around and there is a huge following for it.

its just not my thing personally. most of the cartoon character costumes ive seen dont excite me much- espeically in their practicality.

as a teen, when i probably wouldve been the right demographic for cosplay, i spent every damned halloween dressing up as some kind of vampire anyway........ not any specific vampire from a film/show etc just a vampire........sheesh.
(tapes a big L to her forehead) lol

Aleesunz 10-25-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

yep, haruhi suzumiya

XD

good times, good times.

My sister's completely in love with her ATM XD

Anndd, I would if:

1 - There were any Aniecons aorund this shitehole
2 - I had a friend who was amaziing at making clothes etc

Alsoo, I love cosplay haha but only when their guid. Bad costumes makes my eyes bleed.

Migumi 10-25-2007 10:58 PM

I cosplay at cons, malls, parties, school and halloween XD

For me cosplay is just normal everyday fashion.

Tifaa 10-28-2007 04:29 PM

I cosplayed Misa from death note this friday. It was a little messed up since my hair has pink in it, but the costume was perfect from my view and some of my friends recognized it (those who had seen or heard about death note). It was fun^^

NanteNa 10-28-2007 04:40 PM

I love cosplaying AND cosplayers. O_O
But I have to admit, that I don't think caucasians should do cosplays of japanese characters of musicians. ^^ it could be 'good' but it gives a weird impression if you ask me.

suzumiyasan 10-28-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

yep, haruhi suzumiya

XD

good times, good times.

wai! i cosplay as haruhi too! coolies! cosplay-buddie!:pinksong:

pandaxchan 11-21-2007 08:03 AM

I was just wondering, when you cosplay, do you ever think about others judging you? because for my second convention in april i want to cosplay but i'm not sure who or what to go as. all i know is that i want to have fun. help a beginner? i'm not really great with construtive citicism >.<

eloisachan14 11-23-2007 04:07 AM

:p :eek: mi mi .....

nina sakura
sugar
sakura haruno
sakura kinimoto
char
and many many more :ywave:

AoiChan 11-23-2007 04:09 AM

My friends and I dressed as Gazette recently we're probably going to do it next year too put clothes from Cassis.

Yuna7780 11-23-2007 04:23 AM

I cosplayed as Hachi from Nana and this year for Halloween as Gojyo (the guy in my icon, and yes, I crossdressed) from Saiyuki. I did a good job too.

gkgoten100 11-23-2007 04:28 AM

my friend at school had cosplayed as Reno from FFVII twice once at anime-next and the other time at school, he even had the red hair, it was great.

AoiChan 11-23-2007 04:28 AM

Lol its ok its just wrong for a guy to cross-dress but not for a girl ^_^ I think O_O

Yuna7780 11-23-2007 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AoiChan (Post 304583)
Lol its ok its just wrong for a guy to cross-dress but not for a girl ^_^ I think O_O

Haha. It was fun at the party I went to. I mean, I really don't like crossdressing in general, but heck! It was a Halloween anime club party! :D
If John Travolta could pull it off... I can too.:p

KyuuMyuu 11-23-2007 06:05 AM

Uhm, I once cosplayed as Itachi, and once as Misa, I tried to cosplay as Temari, but my hair was too long, and my costume wasn't finished in time. I'm thinking of maybe making another costume, but I don't really have the chance to go to conventions that often, I didn't get to go to one this year, but I might be going to the Ohayocon next January, I'm looking foreward to that. :marusmile:

Konata 11-24-2007 05:59 PM

I've cosplayed a random Akatsuki (Naruto) at Tracon last year, Fujioka Haruhi (Ouran Koukou Host Club) at Animecon this summer. ^o^ I'm going to Tsukicon next month, and I'm still not sure whether I'll be mafia members with my friend, cosplay Elena from Final Fantasy 7, or wear my regular sweet lolita-clothes since MOON -kana- is giving out autographs, and I'm going to her concert later in the evening. Ah, what a dilemma! But I'll definitely cosplay Elena someday. My costume is almost done anyways, it just needs a zipper I'm too lazy to go buy and a collar. I'm planning on cosplaying Izumi Konata from Lucky Star at Tracon in February too, but I really don't know how I should sew the costume, since I want it to look good... I might just order it online. It feels like cheating, but... At least I won't compete with it.

Kenpachi11 11-24-2007 07:07 PM

Next year at AWA(Anime weekend atlanta) im going to cosplay as somebody from bleach

pandaxchan 11-25-2007 08:30 AM

I was just wondering, when you cosplay, do you ever think about others judging you? because for my second convention in april i want to cosplay but i'm not sure who or what to go as. all i know is that i want to have fun. help a beginner? i'm not really great with construtive citicism >.<

Konata 11-25-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaxchan (Post 307921)

Well to me, the main point is having fun and not judging others costumes. I'm a beginner myself, and have next no no sewing skills as you can see(clicky)... I have to admit that sometimes when a person walks by in a very bad costume I might whisper something to my friend, but in my opinion that's just human...? Despite this, you should always try your best on a costume, even if just for your own fun. You learn through your mistakes, right? ^o^

Hentaro 11-25-2007 10:39 AM

I usually cos j-rock guys...
This is one of my pics...

Jo_Kittie 11-25-2007 02:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was Bou from AnCafe yesterday. XD
Not that serious though. x__x

animelover32 11-26-2007 12:52 AM

I haven't cosplayed yet but I will be in Spring of '08. I plan to go to a convention with one of my friend's and I'm going as Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist and my friend is going as Ed from FMA. Now we're trying to figure out the height thing since she's a bit taller than me.

SweetAngel 12-01-2007 05:12 PM

I haven't cosplayed yet but I would love to cosplay as Berudandy(Ah My Goddess) or Yuna(FFX/FFX-2).

phishn37 12-01-2007 05:29 PM

I haven't cosplayed, but I'd love to cosplay as Amu from Shugo Chara:

Becuase she's very cute! But I have no sewing skills and have never cosplayed before, either...

IonFortuna 12-14-2007 04:47 PM

Cosplay

I would like to know where I can get the stuff to cosplay as Gaara

Kanji_The_Wanderer 01-15-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IonFortuna (Post 325950)
I would like to know where I can get the stuff to cosplay as Gaara

What exactly are you looking for? I know a pretty good site? ^_^

Kal3ido 01-15-2008 03:25 PM

I can't wait to I get a car, so I can go to some coventions. I will love to cosplay a couple times.

I think I will cosplay as Yoruichi Shihouin.

sTr0mTod 01-15-2008 08:41 PM

Ouw I love Cosplay here I have load up a few Pics If you wanna see^^

HaloNeko 01-15-2008 09:47 PM

I'm going to cosplay tobi from naruto.

sporknessmonster 01-17-2008 09:29 PM

i've cosplayed a few times...never anything good though. But when i go to Zakyou-con, i'll be cosplaying as:

Tifa Lockheart from Final Fantasy VII (game) and
Kagome from InuYasha.