JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   It Should Be Illegal For My Dad To Cook (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/14494-should-illegal-my-dad-cook.html)

kiyuga 04-11-2008 09:14 PM

It Should Be Illegal For My Dad To Cook

My dad happens to think he is the greast cook in the world. What he doesn't know is that dinner is like FearFactor. Seriously, everything he makes looks like it is moving. Kiyuge came over and he forced us to eat the dinner he made. By the end of the night, I threw up twice. Kiyuge O.D.ed on antacids so she wouldn't puke. Does anyone else have terrible cooks as parents?

Kiyuge 04-11-2008 09:16 PM

DONT EVEN GET STARTED ON YOUR DADS COOKING KIYUGA! JUST THE THOUGHT OF IT MAKES ME REGURGITATE!

Luckily my parents are good cooks. My brother on the other hand....

Jaydelart 04-11-2008 09:34 PM

Yes, I do... But I take pride in my ability to endure it.
My step-father cooks some unsatisfactory meals sometimes, but he puts a lot of effort into it. It wouldn't be right of me to crush his spirit.

animelover32 04-12-2008 12:24 AM

My dad's a bad cook. It's usually burnt or not completely done.

Hyakushi 04-12-2008 01:06 AM

All sounds better than nothing XD.

Mmmmm my foster parents were really good cooks but I never got to eat there good food only when I would get lucky enough to swipe a peice from there plates but there food smelled really good. My friends mom though I thought had the best food in the world when I was small, then I learnes it was just prepackaged ramen Hahahahaha but it was the best thing Ive ever eat'n in my life. Well better then eating scrapes here and there.
Ah and there was my dad well he wasn't my blood dad but he took me in anyways, he use to make this really good stew (it was only patatos and carrots) but it was good XD.
Ah and my girlfriend can really cook too, come to think of it her whole family can cook good japanese and korean foods.

Thats about all I can remember there might have been some other ones but I just can't seem to remember right now.

Yuna7780 04-12-2008 01:45 AM

Wow. That's my type of cooking. XD

XrachelleX 04-12-2008 01:49 AM

well. my dad is a good cook. my mom on the other hand burns cookies.....even when all you have to do is throw them in the oven.but i usually do the cooking around the house so its okay.

Hyakushi 04-12-2008 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XrachelleX (Post 457762)
well. my dad is a good cook. my mom on the other hand burns cookies.....even when all you have to do is throw them in the oven.but i usually do the cooking around the house so its okay.

XD I burn cookies too Hahahaha I just forget there in there :D I like making things from scrap though, I even use to make my own loaf of bread when I lived alone instead of buying a loaf from the store. It came out damn good too, I say F'k sara lee bread XD.

laurengl88 04-12-2008 03:43 AM

I don't think I've ever had really bad cooking...I've had some strange tasting stuff, but I've made all that myself...my dad loves to experiment though, and yet, somehow, it always turns out really good. I guess I'm just lucky!

EveV 04-12-2008 03:52 AM

My dad's a professional cook.
It's his job.
:rheart:

Hyakushi 04-12-2008 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveV (Post 457828)
It's his job.

Thats cool where does your dad work and what is he?.

kiyuga 04-12-2008 01:30 PM

I'm glad that I'm the main cook in the house......I'm damn good at it too......I think everyone else that lives with me should just give up already......All of their "experiments" turn out terrible. I'd rather starve than eat some of the things my family cooks for me.......

HiKO 04-13-2008 02:22 AM

My dad only knows how to cook instant noodles and boil water, that's all. D:

auran 04-13-2008 02:24 AM

ha my dad even burns water but my mom is a good cook

yuujirou 04-13-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveV (Post 457828)
It's his job.

this one too :rheart:
well in training xDD

buut nee~ this one's whole family cooks =O
the mommy ish ..sorta of a homemaker, but can make some pretty decent meals at times~~
the daddy ish....well, an ex chef x.x'' right now, he just does the AC repairs~
and this one ish a sushi chef xDD

and the sister...well....she just does hw all day ._.'''
poor brat =.=

xYinniex 04-13-2008 05:21 PM

haha,

My grandma and mother are awesome cooks. only home food though

My dad is a sushi chef and also a chinese food chef.
My dad and I are REAL foodies.

I'm not really that great at cooking,. BUT I GOT AN A IN FOOD TECH/

yuujirou 04-13-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xYinniex (Post 459221)
haha,

My grandma and mother are awesome cooks. only home food though

My dad is a sushi chef and also a chinese food chef.
My dad and I are REAL foodies.

I'm not really that great at cooking,. BUT I GOT AN A IN FOOD TECH/

this one failed his food class >.>''' in high school...
freaking bloody teacher -.-''''
wouldn't freaking let this one improvise on a recipe because he disagreed w/ the cooking method =.='''''

*hates school for a reason* ;_;

Nki 04-13-2008 05:41 PM

I´m a "Profesional Cheff"... Love to be in the kitchen and make beatyful (and TASTEFUL) dishes... be my guest.
also love diversity, love Japanese food, Italian Food, Thai Food, Mexican Food.. etc.. etc

yuujirou 04-13-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nki (Post 459244)
I´m a "Profesional Cheff"... Love to be in the kitchen and make beatyful (and TASTEFUL) dishes... be my guest.
also love diversity, love Japanese food, Italian Food, Thai Food, Mexican Food.. etc.. etc

italian ftw ._.'''

kiyuga 04-27-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auran (Post 458812)
ha my dad even burns water but my mom is a good cook

Thyat sounds like my family!!!!! My dad can't even boil water, so I don't know what makes him think he can cook. Sometimes he can really be stupid....

Crani 04-27-2008 07:10 PM

God bless microwave cooking! Because of that wonderful invention I don't have to it my mom's cookings very often. God Bless it! It saved my life so many times.:D

Alannaeowyn 04-29-2008 09:13 PM

I can make simple stuff like fried rice or pizza. My little brother is King of the Baked Dessert. My mother is Queen of the Kitchen...but Dad had to teach her to cook when they got married. :P

NegimaCrazy 04-29-2008 11:18 PM

My mom don't cook alot, and my dads not the best cook, but my brothers worse. My dog, That i thought ate anything (did see it eat poison ivy), would not even touch the eggs by brother cooked. My dad looked ill for a couple weeks over that'n.!!!

XrachelleX 04-29-2008 11:33 PM

:D geez...were all being so hard on our parents.....ha ha ha! so am i so i have no room to talk. heh^_^:D

at least your parents DONT BURN THE MICROWAVE PRE-COOKING

Tsuyako 04-30-2008 03:45 PM

I live with my grandarents and they're both really good cooks :D but my mum on the other hand used to be so bad at cooking! But then she went to University so she was forced to learn XD

TalnSG 05-13-2008 06:02 PM

My Mom was an excellent cook and Dad was ok, except for his choices. but my ex mother-in-law was one of the two worst cooks I eve met. Her two sons once said to me that they were away in college before they ever saw vegetables that were not GRAY. She was also the only person could roast a whole chicken on an outdoor grill and have the meat powder dry without een slightly browning the skin. I still haven't figured out how she did that, but I figured out real quick that I didn't want to eat it. It was like putting raw flour in your mouth - suddenly saliva didn't exist, just this chewy, tasteless clump in your mouth.

Nakishee 05-15-2008 12:44 AM

My dad rocks. He is a boss at a college, but everyone knows him as "Chef Bobbie" cause he is always in the kitchen cooking. Cafeteria food...but at least it doesn't make them and me puke~

My mum made spaghetti one time...and weeeell...I wont touch the stuff anymore. I never knew how bad the wonderful noodles could get *shudders*
She makes a mean pot-roast, though :) and i can make pancakes!

deathnotegirl 05-15-2008 01:12 AM

my dad is a good cook so is my mom... but i not so good... chocolate chips in the microwave... can u say BLOW UP!!! lol

Nakishee 05-15-2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathnotegirl (Post 489043)
my dad is a good cook so is my mom... but i not so good... chocolate chips in the microwave... can u say BLOW UP!!! lol

oh thats pure skill right there
is your mum's spaghetti any goood...?
if it is...can you lend me some >.> my mum can research it

deathnotegirl 05-15-2008 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakishee (Post 489047)
oh thats pure skill right there
is your mum's spaghetti any goood...?
if it is...can you lend me some >.> my mum can research it

lol.. yes u can NAKISHEE... i can lend u some... wait i thought u were on a diet tho... lol..

Nakishee 05-15-2008 01:49 AM

you wound me, mistress, really you do. but oh well. i will have to wait to eat your mum's spaghetti. another time^^ diets...
but seriously, don't ever come over to eat mah mum's spaghetti.

consider yourselves warned. tasted like donuts...which probably has a lot of people goin "WOW DONUTS!" but when ur chewing noodles but tasting fried bread w/ frosting....eeeeh?!

deathnotegirl 05-15-2008 01:58 AM

lol i will think about that when i come over to ur house... lol... it might be funny tho... even tho i don't want to eat it i would like to see ur face.... haha

Nakishee 05-17-2008 03:11 AM

thanks pucca. i bet i would look horrified.;)
today...my brother tried to make easy mac. he popped it in the microwave in a foam bowl. next time i saw him he was eating mac n' foam so i had to take it away from him quick. he told mum on me, i was supposed to be watching him. she got a kick out of it, but i think foam probably isnt the best thing to have in one's stomach

deathnotegirl 05-17-2008 03:15 AM

lol.. i nice job on watching ur little brother... foam mac'n cheese... haha that would taste off and wierd... i would laugh if he was like foaming at the mouth to make it look like he was wild or something... that would have been a great picture moment... FOAMING AT THE MOUTH WITH NAKISHEE's LITTLE BROTHER... lol i would laugh

Nakishee 05-17-2008 03:16 AM

Oh god my parents would disown me XD
that means no more Chef Bobbie food

deathnotegirl 05-17-2008 03:19 AM

lol tru tru... i wouldn't want u to get disowned that would make me sad... and u need that food

NanteNa 05-17-2008 11:35 AM

Thank god my parents don't cook that bad. O_O
Both my parents actually make very nice food. X'D
And they have the ability to see AND realise when their food is awful. They usually throw it out and order pizza when that happens. X'D

kiyuga 06-06-2008 11:24 PM

Haha....I'm glad most of you aren't being poisoned by their own parents!!