JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
vagneralbino (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to vagneralbino
一つ夢を見ました - a resource book-to-be for basic japanese students - 09-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Hello everybody.

I am a brazilian writer currently engaged in the task of learning Japanese. It's been three tough years now, but it has been mostly an enjoyable task.

Me and another classmate of mine are working on a book to distribute among our classmates and other japanese students of our school just to have as a reference and maybe inspire other people to learn this amazing language.

He will be drawing simple illustrations, and I will be writing and editing the book itself. Once done, it will be sold at production cost (hopefully no more than $10), and it will also be available on the web for free.

What I ask of you is some help with the text. I assume you are fluent in Japanese. So, if you are, I ask if you can read it and see if it's okay the way it is, and give some suggestions.

The book will come initially in four languages: English, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish. Each word will have it's own color, referring to the word that express the same thing in the other languages.
This is how I plan it to be:
昔々一つ夢を見ました
A long time ago, (I) had a dream.
Há muito tempo atrás, (eu) tive um sonho.
(...)

Take notice that the references are not meant to be strictly grammatically correct, but just to act as some orientation for people just starting with the language or that have never had any experience with it yet.

I also understand there's no need for 一つ when talking about the dream... I put it there to sound more poetic. Take a look at the cover (click here); it does look inspiring and poetic that way, doesn't it?

Despite it having Kanji, there will be furigana to guide those who haven't studied it yet.

I thank you for your help in advance.

一つ夢を見ました

昔々、一つ夢を見ました。
A long time ago, I had a dream.

私は豹を存在しました。
I was a leopard.

私は、素敵な豹を存在しました。。。
I was an amazing leopard…

自由にサバンナで走りました。
I ran free across the savannah.

良かったですよ!
It was so good!

その時、チターに始めて会いました。
Then, I met the cheetah for the first time.

チターは私より素敵でした。謙虚でしたから。
The cheetah was more amazing than I was. That’s because he was humble.

私が悲しくなりました。チターの同伴にいませんでした から。
I was sad, because I didn’t have the cheetah’s company.

私は、恥じ入りました。だから、遠い場所へ逃げました 。
I was ashamed. Therefore, I ran to a faraway place.

分からないのは、チターが私の後ろに来ました。
Without knowing it, Cheetah came after me.

チターは私を感嘆しました。私は他の豹を存在しません でしたから。
私の心に慈愛がありました。
Cheetah admired me, because I was not like the other leopards.
There was compassion in my heart.

私とチターは友達になりました。いつも一緒にいました !
Cheetah and I became friends. We were always together!

一緒にいましたから、私達はもっと素晴らしい世界の霊 感になりました。
Because we were together, we became the inspiration of a more splendorous world.

そして、世界はより優れた所になりました。
And the world became a better place.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
09-16-2008, 07:21 PM

Muito bom! Pena é eu ser de Portugal :|
(#3 (permalink))
Old
vagneralbino (Offline)
New to JF

09-16-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai13 View Post
Muito bom! Pena é eu ser de Portugal :|
Obrigado!
Que legal encontrar alguém que fale Português pela internet! É a primeira vez que falo com alguém de Portugal. Nosso português deve ser bem diferente, né?

And don't worry! I'll keep you posted about the book's progress.
Thanks again!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

09-17-2008, 06:51 AM

Não, o nosso português só difere, em determinadas palavras, como "contacto", vocês no Brasil dizem "contato", e também difere em expressões e umas poucas palavras, mas compreendemo-nos perfeitamente
(se bem que a língua portuguesa de Portugal pode vir a ficar como a brasileira devido ao novo acordo ortográfico)

And yeah, let us know about the book.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
vagneralbino (Offline)
New to JF

09-17-2008, 10:07 PM

É verdade, né? O que tu acha desse novo acordo ortográfico?

Pessoalmente eu achei meio inconveniente porque a gente vai ter que reaprender muitas estruturas, mas do modo geral, eu nunca parei para pensar muito a respeito.

Aquele abraço!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
09-17-2008, 11:27 PM

Bravo. :] Keep up the good work.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
vagneralbino (Offline)
New to JF

09-18-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
Bravo. :] Keep up the good work.
Thanks.
And thanks for stopping by also!
In a month or so the book will be finished, so if you can, please stop by again to check the final result. The drawings are coming out really nice too.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

09-18-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagneralbino View Post
É verdade, né? O que tu acha desse novo acordo ortográfico?

Pessoalmente eu achei meio inconveniente porque a gente vai ter que reaprender muitas estruturas, mas do modo geral, eu nunca parei para pensar muito a respeito.

Aquele abraço!
Portugal inteiro está chateado com esse acordo, eu incluída, nós simplesmente estamos habituados a escrever como escrevemos. Para ser sincera e, apesar de apreensiva, não me importo muito com isto, visto que as línguas vão evoluindo.
E quando eu disse que era pena eu ser de Portugal, não estava a referir às diferenças da língua, mas ao facto de duvidar que esse livro chegue cá :|

To the ones who did not unsderstood our little portuguese conversation, we were alking about a new agreement involving the portuguese language. That agreement will change the portuguese from portugal, I'll give you an example, in portugal we write "facto" (fact) and "fato" (suit), and this "agreement" will change the way to write fact (facto) into fato, it willl be equal as the "fato for suit.

Other examples (there are soooo many words that will change):

Mini-saia (now) -> minissaia (after, mini skirt)
contacto (now) -> contato (after, contact, try to read it in english without the C)

etc, etc...

I would prefer to write how I write now, it's so beautiful, I find the brazilian portuguese weird (I like it though), without all the "Cs", "Ts"
For the brazilian people this will be a lot easier, because they don't use all the Ts and Cs (etc).

vagneralbino, tenho bastante família aí no Brasil, a minha avó era brasileira, tenho inclusivé uma tia por afinidade japonesa

Aquele abraço para ti também ^^ (I love brazilian people, they are so kind)

Last edited by Kai13 : 09-18-2008 at 07:30 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
vagneralbino (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai13 View Post
Portugal inteiro está chateado com esse acordo, eu incluída, nós simplesmente estamos habituados a escrever como escrevemos. Para ser sincera e, apesar de apreensiva, não me importo muito com isto, visto que as línguas vão evoluindo.
E quando eu disse que era pena eu ser de Portugal, não estava a referir às diferenças da língua, mas ao facto de duvidar que esse livro chegue cá :|

(...)

vagneralbino, tenho bastante família aí no Brasil, a minha avó era brasileira, tenho inclusivé uma tia por afinidade japonesa

Aquele abraço para ti também ^^ (I love brazilian people, they are so kind)
Olá novamente, Kai13!

É verdade né... Eu acho meio trabalhoso, e me pergunto de onde tiraram essa idéia para começar... : (

^^ Quanto ao livro, eu posso enviar uma cópia para você quando tiver sido lançado (sem custo, é claro). Eu vou publicar através de uma editora americana, então vai estar à venda na internet. Se você achar legal, pode espalhar para seus amigos. Dá para comprar através de Cartão de Crédito internacional e também PayPal. Espero que o livro se torne uma boa inspiração para as pessoas a começarem a aprender um novo idioma.

Sério?! Que legal! Então tu tem um pé aqui no Brasil, é? ^^
De que parte da terrinha aqui a sua vó era? Sua tia por afinidade era daqui do Brasil também?

(hey, I think you are the kind one here. ) Have a nice weekend!

To everyone else; the book is almost finished!
I will post more information on it as soon as it is wrapped up! Stay well, everyone!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

09-20-2008, 11:09 AM

Você vai-me dar um livro? o.o
Muito, muito obrigado!

Bem, eu para já não tenho colegas/amigos que querem aprender japonês, mas dentro de um ano, se entrar na universidade, terei dezenas, e poderei divulgar por essa altura. Também o poderei fazer com outro pessoal da net

A minha avó vivia cá em Portugal, mas a minha família de lá creio que mora em campinas ou S. Paulo (não sei se Campinas é em S. Paulo no entanto -.-'), ou então estou errada P:
Minha tia é japonesa, mas vive no Brasil, e tem uma filha completamente brasileira, tirando os olhos, mas estes também não são "tradicionais", é como se fosse uma mistura. Só conheço uma prima de lá, que cá veio à 2 anos :|

I'm looking forward for the book to come out