JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

Japanese IM chat - 12-03-2008, 10:07 PM

Hello,

I kinda mentioned something like this a while ago and now I'm going to try to actually make something out of it.

Would anybody, a couple people actually, be willing to dedicate maybe an hour or two a week to an online chat where we talk about anything in Japanese. I figure this would be mutually helpful to all of us. It will help as it is good practice for speaking more on the spot. I have a working knowledge of kana and about 75 kanji with a limited vocabulary, it would be great if you're near my level, but I am willing to talk to anyone.

Also if a native or very educated speaker wouldn't mind passively monitoring or even better, being a part of the chat, that would be great if that person wouldn't mind helping us with grammar. I am not saying they have to keep a sharp eye on the chat, just if they could check in every couple minutes and do a quick check for grammar or fluidity in our grammar mechanics.

So if we could get a couple AIM accounts posted here we could have a large address book of people we can talk to. Then we could also arrange for one or two times a week we could all get online and have a big chat.

on AIM I'm jakeofcanadia

Hey folks, if you're a Japanese speaker, and willing to help me please contact anytime on AIM:

jakeofcanadia

Even if you're not too good, I am not either and it would be fun to learn from each other.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

12-12-2008, 12:44 AM

anyone??? This would be a good chance for speaking, on the spot, in the form of writing.

Hey folks, if you're a Japanese speaker, and willing to help me please contact anytime on AIM:

jakeofcanadia

Even if you're not too good, I am not either and it would be fun to learn from each other.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
dougbrowne (Offline)
JF Regular

12-12-2008, 01:35 AM

Sounds cool.

japandougbrowne is my aim screenname
(#4 (permalink))
Old
LadyRowena (Offline)
New to JF

12-12-2008, 05:44 AM

I don't have AIM but I have MSN, so if anyone wanted to do that there, I'd gladly join in, as long as you're willing to put up with an exceptionally slow reader.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SimpleasThyme (Offline)
New to JF

12-12-2008, 06:53 AM

Thanks for helping me tonight!

What I'm going to do is form a word-bank and define the words and use them to make sentences until I really can recognize them.

The book is meant to come with an audio-track also which is why I was having a bit of trouble moving along with it.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Lucas89 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2008, 10:27 AM

I would also be willing to try and do this, but be warned my vocabulary is very limited lol, one of the reasons i make so many mistakes is because more often than not i just don't know the correct words to use.

I don't have AIM but my windows live address is [email protected]
I can type in Japanese in the evenings (5:30pm onwards GMT) and on the weekends when i'm not at work.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
mukeshshrestha19 (Offline)
New to JF

Post travel - 12-12-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas89 View Post
I would also be willing to try and do this, but be warned my vocabulary is very limited lol, one of the reasons i make so many mistakes is because more often than not i just don't know the correct words to use.

I don't have AIM but my windows live address is [email protected]
I can type in Japanese in the evenings (5:30pm onwards GMT) and on the weekends when i'm not at work.
hi i want to talk in english .i think that you will be also fun chatting with me
(#8 (permalink))
Old
mukeshshrestha19 (Offline)
New to JF

12-12-2008, 10:58 AM

hi how are u /