LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

01-17-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
The name is a bit of a giveaway. If you say "AmandaFuque" with a Southern United States accent, maybe an Alabama accent or something it sounds a bit like "a man to fuck"
That's great...I like that alot. But how the hell did that person get like 4 billion posts? It take years to get that many....
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Katia (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: Melbourne Australia but I'm from Elktrostal (Moscow Region) in Russia
Send a message via MSN to Katia
06-30-2007, 10:01 AM

lol its just a film, they didnt really exadurate on the detailing as usual, probably safer to read the manga if you're that curious. ^^

ciao
(#13 (permalink))
Old
slagroomtaartje (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-30-2007, 10:28 AM

that new girl is cool,daughter of kitano
(#14 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-06-2007, 11:31 PM

Fukasaku Kinji died during filming of BR2, his son took over and used his notes (he obviously knew he wasn't going to make the end of filming), so I think it's VERY much what Kinji envisioned.

I think BR2 is a very good film in that Kinji's themes ('terror', 'war', 'the next generation') are in response to 9/11 on a very personal level, and not many people are willing to take on that subject.

The collapsing towers are punctuating the trauma of 9/11, much like the shots of the Hiroshima Dome throughout the War Without Morality series bringing it back to the origins of the trauma of the post-defeat era.

Here's a quote from the film journal Kinema Junpo from his son:

"More than the public controversy about the rights and wrongs of the justifications for retaliation, he talked about it on a more personal level. It was the question of the hatred he had felt for american when he was young. And at this time I think this question once again boiled up."

The film is proposing that the humanist myth of 'connectedness' (nakama)(the reconstituted family group of young surviors) can redeem youth from the moral void of postmodernist 'post tragic' techno-survival-game landscape of contemporary global politics.

I hope that's the case.

おれんとこ来ないか?