LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

05-31-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
You can't play online with Wii? Uhm, Mario Kart Wii just came out and it's online play is awesome! Still Xbox 360 is definatly the best for online play but the Wii isn't dead in the water completely - and it's free.

You can't just say one console sucks over another, in your opinion maybe but not just in generally. Each have their positive and negative points and each fits into a certain persons criteria. I plan to get them all at some point It would have been more helpful if the OP had specified what he/she liked and important features and so on.
Wii isn't completely free actually. As well the online play with Wii games is basically limited to the game you're playing and not a universal thing with it's own network.

Nintendo has already said the the Wii won't be free online for every game, let alone free for ever.

Gamasutra - GDC: Nintendo Reveals Wii Pay-For-Online Play, WiiWare Compression
Quote:
Nintendo will begin to charge for network access in some future Wi-Fi Network games; those games will carry a new, "alert"-red Wi-Fi logo, meant to ensure there is no mistake in the consumer's mind that there will be additional charges here. Aoyama assured the audience that Nintendo means to do all it can to prevent the charges from taking users by surprise.
Quoting an article highlighting Nintendo's statement from the Game Developer's Conference 2008

If you google "pay for wii online" you can find other sources to back it up.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
05-31-2008, 07:47 PM

The Xbox isn't just FPS, like so many try to pass out. You have Forza, for example which is a good simulator, than you have DoA, a so-so fighting game. And these are just some examples, because there are a lot of non-fps games.
But, like so many said, I think you should look at the games list, because let's face it you don't a console just to browse the internet or too look good at the corner, and choose which one as more games of your liking.

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

05-31-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crani View Post
The Xbox isn't just FPS, like so many try to pass out. You have Forza, for example which is a good simulator, than you have DoA, a so-so fighting game. And these are just some examples, because there are a lot of non-fps games.
But, like so many said, I think you should look at the games list, because let's face it you don't a console just to browse the internet or too look good at the corner, and choose which one as more games of your liking.
No one is denying it has more than FPS. Predominantly the console is a FPS/3PS machine. That's just where all the money is right now. It's the cool thing to develop.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.