JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   Sonic The Hedgehog 4 (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/21175-sonic-hedgehog-4-a.html)

SHAD0W 11-28-2008 01:10 AM

Sonic The Hedgehog 4

Does anyone else think it would be awesome if Sega and Sonic Team pulled a Megaman 9 on us and went retro?

The first 3 sonic games were the best of the whole series and Sega could use what they know now about what to do with sonic (like not give him anymore "friends" out of their random coloured animal generator or not to give him a sword or a werewolf form).

Possibilites are endless! Sega needs to do something like this for Sonic to pay him back for all the crap they put him through since Sonic Adventure 2. Either that or they should let him die with what little dignity he has left.

Any ideas? maybe we could get a collection of good ideas, translate to japanese and then each send a copy to sonic team and bombard them with what the fans really want!?

Keaton421 11-28-2008 02:07 AM

The only people who look forward to new Sonic games are furries and idiots.

It will only get worse from here.

CaptainThunder 11-28-2008 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 634757)
The only people who look forward to new Sonic games are furries and idiots.

It will only get worse from here.

Well, I'm neither a furry nor an idiot, so obviously you are quite wrong my good sir.

A retro Sonic game would be awesome. But I think the new Knight game looks cool too.

Keaton421 11-28-2008 02:11 AM

TOTALLY RAD!

CaptainThunder 11-28-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 634760)

TOTALLY RAD!

And, I agree.

Ronin4hire 11-28-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 634729)

The first 3 sonic games were the best of the whole series and Sega could use what they know now about what to do with sonic (like not give him anymore "friends" out of their random coloured animal generator or not to give him a sword or a werewolf form).

I fully agree about the friends thing.

Tails, Knuckles and Robo-sonic were all it should've come to. Though I suppose SEGA wanted to have a Mario type lineup but instead of Princesses, Mushroom people and Dinosaur things you'd have woodland animals.

SHAD0W 11-28-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainThunder (Post 634762)
And, I agree.

Why does the ultimate life form (hes better than Shadow, so SA2 tells us) need a sword? or any weapon for that matter?

Sega shouldnt of tried to fix what wasnt broken.

Sonic 3 + Knuckles = Best Sonic Game

CaptainThunder 11-28-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 634898)
Why does the ultimate life form (hes better than Shadow, so SA2 tells us) need a sword? or any weapon for that matter?

Sega shouldnt of tried to fix what wasnt broken.

Sonic 3 + Knuckles = Best Sonic Game

Well, Shadow was only a prototype of the ultimate life-form ;) </powerlevelshowing>

IMHO, Sonic Adventure was the best Sonic game, past or present. I don't even know what made it so good, I've just played it start to end more times than I can count and I love it every time.

But if we're restricting the field to only the 2D games, I would have to say that Sonic 2 is my favorite.

Kyoiism 11-28-2008 01:35 PM

I haven't played a Sonic game in a long time!

Shiningmonkey 11-28-2008 09:14 PM

I think they should either go with the 2-d retro idea or make another 3-d game but completely sidescrolling. Oh and don't make it on earth again, pt it back on mobius.

SHAD0W 11-29-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiningmonkey (Post 635096)
Oh and don't make it on earth again, pt it back on mobius.

Seconded! Couldnt have said it better myself!

Athefre 11-29-2008 07:12 PM

There isn't much a company can do with side-scrolling platformers now that would make it feel great/unique. Play the GBA/DS Sonic games, they are just as fun and the same as the old ones but they don't feel as good because you didn't play them when you were younger; they didn't come out around those good times.

Look at probably the best/most care (and time) put into/most creative side-scrolling game to come out in the last 5 years, New Super Mario Bros. I loved it as much as the old ones but many Mario fans would say it doesn't feel as good as the older games. But, if it had came out in 1995 many fans would put it up there with Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, SM64, and Galaxy as the best in the series.

I was one of the biggest Sonic fans you could find in the 90's, but after playing the glitchy Sonic Adventure games and seeing all of those Sonic Snowboarding and Sonic Sword releases, I no longer care about Sega releasing a good Sonic game. If only Sega had spent the time to make those side-stories as good as what Nintendo did with their Mario sports titles.

Shiningmonkey 11-30-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 635545)
Seconded! Couldnt have said it better myself!

I know. Putting it on earth seriously limits their creativity. They could do anything on mobius because it was made up.

SHAD0W 11-30-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiningmonkey (Post 635759)
I know. Putting it on earth seriously limits their creativity. They could do anything on mobius because it was made up.

Robotnik (yes, always Robotnik) was much more creative on mobius too.. his new badniks, if they even deserve that name, are really unorigional or copies of the GUN robots. I'd rather be running away from the scattering spikes of a catakiller than using a homing attack on one of them round red things with that jousting thing..

Why doesnt he trap animals in them anymore? i thought they were the source of the badniks power?

ThirdSight 11-30-2008 09:41 PM

The retro Sonic games were the best, as they were designed around a character who ran fast, designed with levels to accommodate that kind of gameplay.

Sonic Adventure was the best of Sonic's 3D games. A good balance of speed and gameplay dynamics to make this amazing.

Sonic Adventure 2 was the first step in the wrong direction, with little focus on what made Sonic Sonic, and instead focusing on other elements (like new characters). Still, not too bad a game.

Sonic Heroes was horrible.

And the trend has continued ever since.

Even with the new game, Sonic Unleashed. Wonder why reviewers are saying they only like half of the game? That's because only half of the game is Sonic running through levels at high speeds.

Now if only Sega actually listened to their fan and consumer base...

ThirdSight 12-01-2008 07:47 PM

Sonic Unleashed came out a few days ago, and looking at the site (which looks and sounds rockin') is really funny. They highlight in all the trailers the part where Sonic's runnin' and doing his thing instead of when he's fighting as a big monster.

Shows to go ya' that Sega may know what they're doing, but are forced to submit to their corporate consumer taskmasters.

SHAD0W 01-02-2009 08:45 AM

Sonic 2 Hd!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

krisiichi 01-06-2009 12:28 AM

that looks sooooooooo cool. are they only gonna make it as a pc game, or is there any hope of it being relesed on console?

SHAD0W 01-06-2009 12:31 AM

PC game only. Anyone can download the demo, google it :)

krisiichi 01-06-2009 12:34 AM

ahhh. that sucks. if there was ever a chance of this being released on wiiware id download it straight away

Aota 01-06-2009 12:35 AM

How was DX in everyone's opinion?

I personally hate Big the Cat.

I did, however, think Air Riders was a fun spin-off game.

SHAD0W 01-06-2009 12:39 AM

LOL! the wii could never handle that beast!!! its 1080p even at its pre-alpha stage! it runs like a b!tch on my PC, which has far more power than a wii!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aota (Post 659161)
think Air Riders was a fun spin-off game.

Not a sonic game, if your not pressing right to win, its NOT Sonic.

krisiichi 01-06-2009 12:41 AM

uhhh, lol at my stupidity :mtongue:

krisiichi 01-06-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aota (Post 659161)
How was DX in everyone's opinion?

I personally hate Big the Cat.

youre not the only one

i thought DX was ok, i cant really remeber playing it much, i preferred Adventure 2 Battle tbh, i played that so much when i first got it, i wanted to open the 3d stage by getting all the emblems, but i couldnt get the last 3. so annoying lol

Aota 01-06-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 659168)
LOL! the wii could never handle that beast!!! its 1080p even at its pre-alpha stage! it runs like a b!tch on my PC, which has far more power than a wii!

Not a sonic game, if your not pressing right to win, its NOT Sonic.

Did I just confuse Sonic with Kirby? D:

Is THAT how bad it is?

SHAD0W 01-06-2009 12:59 AM

I did, green hill zone oh yeah :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aota (Post 659186)
Did I just confuse Sonic with Kirby? D:

Is THAT how bad it is?

?? elaborate please :)

krisiichi 01-06-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 659192)
I did, green hill zone oh yeah :p

?? elaborate please :)

i know, there was some kirby game that either ripped off air riders, or air riders ripped it off. i cant remember what it was called though

Aota 01-06-2009 01:05 AM

I thought that you said it wasn't a Sonic game because it was Kirby Air Riders, or something... >.>

SHAD0W 01-06-2009 01:08 AM

Nooo its a joke.. air raiders isnt a sonic game because its not the real sonic format, like sonic Kart or whatever pile of crap its called isnt a sonic game, theres loads of them!

in true sonic games you have to get to the end of the level, which is generally on the rightmost side of the level.. hence press right to win? nevermind...

krisiichi 01-06-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 659206)
Nooo its a joke.. air raiders isnt a sonic game because its not the real sonic format, like sonic Kart or whatever pile of crap its called isnt a sonic game, theres loads of them!

in true sonic games you have to get to the end of the level, which is generally on the rightmost side of the level.. hence press right to win? nevermind...

for example. sonic kart 1 & 2, Sonic battle, Sonic pinball party etc etc...

HIalchemist 01-06-2009 03:11 AM

The spin-off is called "Sonic Riders" & "Sonic Riders Zero G"

Southe 01-14-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 659206)

Actually dosent matter what sonic is doing in the game, being fighting, driving, puzzles ect. its a sonic game. it just isnt Sonic Canon. Canon games are 1,2,3,&knuckles,cd,A1,A2,Heroes,06,Unleashed. <- There canon the rest are spin offs but are still sonic games. As you can see im a sonic fanboy xD have atleast 40 games of his now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisiichi (Post 659211)
for example. sonic kart 1 & 2, Sonic battle, Sonic pinball party etc etc...

No sonic kart lol. thinking of mario. There was a driving game called Sonic Drift which was for the GameGear, And the Air-board games are Sonic Riders.