LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

09-21-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
Its not even resident evil anymore dude. They killed the resident evil series with over the shoulder. I mean they are okay but its not horror genre anymore.
You weren't expecting RE to have pre-rendered graphics with fixed camera angles in all their series? It's not the over-the-shoulder view that killed series, but the simplified gameplay. They took out the limited inventory, the scarcity of ammo, and healing items, ink ribbons. These are the things that made RE popular not just "shoot the zombie" thing. Now I don't really think RE can be called survival horror since there ain't much horror anymore. And survival?, where's the survival when you just shoot all the enemies in the area, collect the ammo they drop and go shoot all the enemies in the next area.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
gobbledegook (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to gobbledegook Send a message via Skype™ to gobbledegook
10-14-2009, 08:11 PM

I don't think you can compare just yet. It's only the 3rd year or so in the current gen of consoles, and we probably haven't got the best titles on all the consoles of this gen. I've had heaps of fun with my PS3 now, and I've been meaning to go back and finish off those PS2 RPGs that I have at the back. It's hard to when you have a PS3 around.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
junaid109 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to junaid109
10-14-2009, 08:32 PM

so many good memories with old gen new gen is not that fun
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Encyclopod (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Encyclopod
10-25-2009, 05:05 PM

I was having the exact same thoughts, last gen was better. I still have my classic xbox but mostly I use it as an entertainment center with Xbox Media Center. I watch movies/series/anime on it and it's great.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes