LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPU View Post
Transformers is a US-Japanese co-production from day 1. It was commisioned by Toei from scripts & designs from the USA. It was originally based on a Japanese toy line from Takara, but this was not called Transformers (I don't know what it was called). It become Transformers (in name) once Hasboro licenced the toy for sale into Western markets.
I agree...just wanted to add that it was based on these Takara toy lines notably the Diaclone and Micro Change(Microman) series.

Also, the Autobots are known as Cybertrons in the Japanese version, were led by Optimus Prime, who was known in the Japanese version as Convoy, and their opponents, the Decepticons, called the Destrons in the Japanese version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPU View Post
Like Pokemon, Transformers is a series whose entire purpose is to promote the toy range (they make far more money on the toys)- what, you thought they make this crap for artisitic reasons
Well, Hasbro and Takara are primarily toy manufacturers so naturally, their prime directive is to sell more toys to the market...and they have been quite effective in it...i actually bought a G1 Optimus Prime and a G2 Megatron action figures right after watching the movie...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#12 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrazzil View Post
Uhm imdb suggests that the japanese release date was "25 July 2007 (Chiyoda, Tokyo) (premiere)" ..
that's the premiere showing...but the regular showing is not until 4th August which imdb mentioned on the same link...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janissary View Post
And, Starscream run away but they didnt show a scene about it. I meant army knows it, they should say something about it in the end scenes.
i'm hoping that the DVD release would show some more scenes about starscream running away...or more details on how bumble bee actually trashed barricade...