JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Language Exchange Ads (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/language-exchange-ads/)
-   -   Shiritori gemu (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/language-exchange-ads/10889-shiritori-gemu.html)

kireikoori 01-11-2008 04:22 PM

怒り 【いかり】 [Ikari] (n) anger, hatred, (P)

IonFortuna 01-11-2008 04:35 PM

inu - dog, got anything better?

Rogozhin 01-11-2008 11:15 PM

海栗 (うに) U-ni -> sea urchin

82riceballs 01-12-2008 12:26 AM

Please note that you have to use the last JAPANESE letter, not the last ENGLISH letter. Please learn or review the hiragana/katakana.

日系 にっけい nikkei- descendents of Japanese who don't live in Japan

i...

kireikoori 01-12-2008 06:13 AM

Final Kana...oops...I didn't realize how this game worked before playing. A thousand apologies.:o

一本 【いっぽん】[ippon] (n) (1) one long cylindrical thing, (2) one version, (3) a certain book, (4) a blow, (5) an experienced geisha, (P)

Rogozhin 01-12-2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 82riceballs (Post 353450)
Please learn or review the hiragana/katakana.

Wow, harsh much? Considering that I did follow the rules up until this point, did it not occur to you that it was a mistake?

Anyway, kireikoori ended the game but I'll continue on from your post...

池 (いけ) Ike - pond

kireikoori 01-12-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogozhin (Post 353858)
Anyway, kireikoori ended the game but I'll continue on from your post...

池 (いけ) Ike - pond

Umm...no I didn't. I figured out how the game worked, mentioned that and apologized, then responded to his word ending in "I" with "Ippon".

So now we've both responded to the Kana of his word.

蝦 【えび】[ebi] (n) lobster, prawn, shrimp, (P)

82riceballs 01-12-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogozhin (Post 353858)
Wow, harsh much? Considering that I did follow the rules up until this point, did it not occur to you that it was a mistake?

Sorry, it did not occur to me that I sounded very harsh. (Also note that I was also addressing IonFortuna.) I just wanted to reestablish the rules of the game... (1000 apologies for sounding like an egocentric idiot & a stickler)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kireikoori
Umm...no I didn't. I figured out how the game worked, mentioned that and apologized, then responded to his word ending in "I" with "Ippon".

Sorry Kireikoori, but Rogozhin is right when he says that you've ended the game. In shiritori, when someone uses a word ending with "n" the game ends. (again 1000 apologies for sounding like an egocentric idiot...I feel really bad when I lecture ppl, cuz I always sound so pedantic when I'm just trying to help...)

Sorry, I am naturally fussy.

びり biri- last place

ri...

Rogozhin 01-13-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 82riceballs (Post 354174)
Sorry, it did not occur to me that I sounded very harsh. (Also note that I was also addressing IonFortuna.) I just wanted to reestablish the rules of the game... (1000 apologies for sounding like an egocentric idiot & a stickler)

No worries, I apologize for getting too defensive.

Anyway..

理科 (りか) Ri-ka -> Science

kireikoori 01-13-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 82riceballs (Post 354174)
Sorry Kireikoori, but Rogozhin is right when he says that you've ended the game. In shiritori, when someone uses a word ending with "n" the game ends. (again 1000 apologies for sounding like an egocentric idiot...I feel really bad when I lecture ppl, cuz I always sound so pedantic when I'm just trying to help...)

Sorry, I am naturally fussy.

びり biri- last place

ri...

W..What? ...oops ._.
This game is confusing! I had no idea there were so many rules! No, you're not fussy, I'm sorry for messing up the game!
>,<

蟹 【かに】[kani] (n) crab, (P)
"Ni" is is ok though right?