JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
narenji (Offline)
New to JF

Why do you want to live in Japan? - 06-07-2008, 12:21 PM

I read some threads and was shocked by the amount of people who want to go live in Japan someday. Don't get me wrong, I really like Japan, that's why I'm here. But I could never think of leaving everything I have in my own country, my home, my friends and my family. I know it's gonna happen someday, I'm gonna have to leave all of them. But I don't want to.
So, what makes you guys want to leave your country and go to Japan? I'd love to know.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

06-07-2008, 02:52 PM

Well I want to start a buissness in Japan. A martial arts school. And Japan is famous for their Martial arts. Judo, Kendo, Karate, Aikido, Sumo, Jiu Jitsu. Of course if that where the only reason I'd go to China (which I plan on doing).

I want to live there simply becouse I want to. I guess I don't have the attachment issues alot of people have. My family is few and far between. And all of them support my going there. My friends all support me. And there alot my my family in the fact that there are few of them.

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(#3 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

06-07-2008, 03:30 PM

Because Japan looks amazing compared to where I live. And you can buy all sorts of things over there. xD
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
06-07-2008, 08:54 PM

Well, this might sound a little bit rough now, but my guess is that 80% of the people posting that they want to live in Japan never have been there, love animes and think live will just be great there like in the movies and also are probably under 20 years old. So my guess would be that most people posting here " i want to live in Japan" will end up not doing so (lets say 5 out of a hundred). That is not a bad thing though, everyone needs dreams because thats the reason to live (at least for me) but they might change sometime, especially the ones you have when you are younger and naive (im not that old myself and probably still naive ).
So lets see how many will make it there (lets start counting here )
Anyway, chase your dreams, they are the best you have!

I might actually want to add something:
i think thats all natural, if you are a kid you see something that fascinates you (like a airplane) and you say "Daddy, when i grow up i want to be a pilot". When you are a teenager you see a anime and say " i want to live in Japan and be a singer, mangaka, karata master,...." wich is more realistic than your first dreams, but not to much. Sadly most people loose that "fantasy" after that age and just get to realistic and forget about their dreams, because they are hard to achieve, or everyone tells you its not possible,.... but i think if you really want to do something, you can do anything! Its just that bassicly you should finish school first and stand on your own feet before you start chasing dreams around the world.
Well thats all just my thoughts, so you dont have to agree with me (but im happy if you do )

Firebird

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)

Last edited by Firebird : 06-07-2008 at 09:01 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-07-2008, 09:41 PM

I would like to live in Japan, even if it's temporary, because I've always been interested in traveling and seeing the world. I've been interested in Asia in general since I was about five years old, Japan the most out of other Asian countries.

I just really want to learn the language fluently and get a firsthand experience of observing the actual culture. The actual culture really fascinates me.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CelestialChild (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to CelestialChild
06-07-2008, 11:15 PM

I would like to live in Japan, not for the rest of my life, but for a few years because I have an interest in both studying and teaching there [as well as becoming fluent in the language myself]. I have been there before, and I enjoyed it enough that I would like to give the experience a shot and hopefully gather a fresh perspective on life and the world.

I don't want to live there forever, though. I'm from the United States, and I have interests that I want to pursue here as well. And as far as I can see, Japan will not become my home any time soon.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
zachary (Offline)
New to JF

06-08-2008, 12:25 AM

I heart Japanese girls
(#8 (permalink))
Old
YumiTaka (Offline)
New to JF

06-08-2008, 01:04 AM

I am so happy that so many people want to visit my country

If you come here you should come visit Tokyo Tower and my favorite spot is in shibuya shopping district, it is this statue of this dog called Hachiko. He is so cute I could tell you a special story about the doggy if you would like.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Cyasarin (Offline)
Surfer.Chic [no cold! =D]

Send a message via MSN to Cyasarin Send a message via Yahoo to Cyasarin
06-08-2008, 02:03 AM

Like some people already said, it'd be nice to go and live in Japan for a few years. I wouldn't want to stay too long because I'd want to go out and see more places. I'd like to go to do some photography and maybe if I become a designer, to open a line in Japan...The three careers I'm chasing after are photography, modeling, and fashion designing and living in different countries for a few years at a time would be helpful as well as fun.

In fact, I was thinking that I could travel around during my career and once I'm retired, to come back home to teach photography at the college here. It'd be a fun life and my friends and family would have gone their own way, too by then. Even then, we'll still have contact. My best friend and I are always coming up with ways to stay together when we get out of high school and college. I'm thinking about dragging her to Japan right along with me.

+ Summer '08 +
[[cause it's gonna be hot]]
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

06-08-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Well, this might sound a little bit rough now, but my guess is that 80% of the people posting that they want to live in Japan never have been there, love animes and think live will just be great there like in the movies and also are probably under 20 years old. So my guess would be that most people posting here " i want to live in Japan" will end up not doing so (lets say 5 out of a hundred). That is not a bad thing though, everyone needs dreams because thats the reason to live (at least for me) but they might change sometime, especially the ones you have when you are younger and naive (im not that old myself and probably still naive ).
So lets see how many will make it there (lets start counting here )
Anyway, chase your dreams, they are the best you have!

I might actually want to add something:
i think thats all natural, if you are a kid you see something that fascinates you (like a airplane) and you say "Daddy, when i grow up i want to be a pilot". When you are a teenager you see a anime and say " i want to live in Japan and be a singer, mangaka, karata master,...." wich is more realistic than your first dreams, but not to much. Sadly most people loose that "fantasy" after that age and just get to realistic and forget about their dreams, because they are hard to achieve, or everyone tells you its not possible,.... but i think if you really want to do something, you can do anything! Its just that bassicly you should finish school first and stand on your own feet before you start chasing dreams around the world.
Well thats all just my thoughts, so you dont have to agree with me (but im happy if you do )

Firebird
I can understand where you are coming from. And that rings true in alot of instances.

In alot of ways people say they want to live in Japan becouse it's different, it's not what they are used to. And once some get there and the new wears off the'll move on to other things. And for the average person just getting there takes hard work, detemination, and perserverance to make even that come true. And some aren't willing to commit.

But I would like to say don't count out those that truely desire to see and live in Japan. And don't discourage them. Beleve me enough people do. Not becouse they are better. But becouse maby they can make a real difference.

And to those wanting to go to Japan, the grass is no greener and sewage still smells over there. Not to say that it's worse than anywhere else, but be realistic. And if you are turely commited to going, if you decide that is where you want to go and make your future. Then do it, don't let the people who tell you it's a pipe dream get to you. But once again be realistic, Go and finish school, and alwas have a backup plan. Becouse if Japan dosen't work out. At least you have a place to sleep and food to eat.

EDIT: Oh and YumiTaka I'd like to hear your dog story

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria

Last edited by Asakura : 06-08-2008 at 03:55 AM.