LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ACN (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to ACN
Learning japanese in Japan - 08-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Hello JF.com

If you have seen my other thread, you will know that I want to study game design in Japan.
And I have done some research. And found out that learning japanese was the only way to apply for a school.

I would like to ask if someone knows an easy way to study japanese and japanese culture in Japan? Is there some kind of "bad" paid jobs that foreign can apply to? Since im from Norway I cannot become an english teacher.

Are there some kind schools that only teach japanese and japanese culture for foreign people in Japan?

Since I had a contact that I know, went to Japan without any japanese language skills. He had 1 year of only studying japanese and japanese culture before entering a game design school.

And you would have guessed, i want to follow his footsteps.
So I wonder if someone have done the same? or might have done something relative to this case.
Or know if it is possible?

Regards
Norway
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Crea (Offline)
JF Regular

08-03-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACN View Post
I would like to ask if someone knows an easy way to study japanese and japanese culture in Japan? Is there some kind of "bad" paid jobs that foreign can apply to? Since im from Norway I cannot become an english teacher.

Are there some kind schools that only teach japanese and japanese culture for foreign people in Japan?

Since I had a contact that I know, went to Japan without any japanese language skills. He had 1 year of only studying japanese and japanese culture before entering a game design school.
There are tons of Japanese-language schools for foreigners in Japan. A lot of these schools will also cover basic cultural info, but living there for a year should also teach you much about the local culture. A simple Google search (or even through JF) should help.

Have you taken a look at the two blogs that NTREEG kindly mentioned in your original post? I especially found the first one entertaining and informative (even though I'm not into game-design at all). If you haven't already, I would definitely read through it, especially the FAQ section here.

Also, why not ask your contact where he studied Japanese? If he's done it, he's probably the most qualified to guide you, so you might as well follow his footsteps all the way.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
ACN (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to ACN
08-03-2008, 09:32 PM

Thanks for answering.
My "contact" was the one with the blogg, but since it was written that he get ALOT of mails while trying to study, I did not want to disturb more.

And yes, I have read both bloggs and they are really good and informative.

Thanks.

Last edited by ACN : 08-03-2008 at 09:41 PM.