LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-30-2008, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am just trying to figure out why she apologized for offending people.

I guess people PMed her.
Oh right... well it wasn't me.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

08-30-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I don't think being repulsed by prostitution makes you "uptight" when it comes to sex.

Some people have standards that's all.

And that's a lie that prostitution is accepted in Europe. It's legal and tolerated.. but not accepted.
Nice generalization. Prostitution is not legal, nor tolerated in "Europe".

Btw, the OP did say "This is not about sex but companionship.". So I dunno... just seems like a hassle to me.

なんでやねん!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
LuckySunshine (Offline)
New to JF

08-30-2008, 01:41 PM

And that's a lie that prostitution is accepted in Europe. It's legal and tolerated.. but not accepted.[/quote]

Please my friend, visit Dutch chatrooms and a whole world will open up to you.
Prostitution, male or female, are registered, have a Union, pay taxes and are subject to hygiene and STD regulations.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
LuckySunshine (Offline)
New to JF

08-30-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Sounds basically like the male equivalent of a geisha and I think its a great concept.
Thank you !
You are so right.
Companionship and entertainment, sex is not the main plan.
I think that your expression is truly on the mark.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
LuckySunshine (Offline)
New to JF

08-30-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
But the description posted was not of prostitutes, merely hired companions for an evening out. I think the thread title is misleading.
So right !!!
I apologized, for i had almost no responses and thought I was because I was going too far in placing this question in a public chat room.
I'm glad it's not so uptight.

I will be more careful describing my next post!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-30-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
Nice generalization. Prostitution is not legal, nor tolerated in "Europe".

Btw, the OP did say "This is not about sex but companionship.". So I dunno... just seems like a hassle to me.
Well the OP asserted that it was "accepted in Europe" and I've actually been to quite a few places in "Europe" so if you're going to be annoyed at anyone generalising you should really direct it toward the OP for asserting it rather than me for disagreeing with it.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-30-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySunshine View Post
Please my friend, visit Dutch chatrooms and a whole world will open up to you.
Prostitution, male or female, are registered, have a Union, pay taxes and are subject to hygiene and STD regulations.

So what? It's the same as in New Zealand. They have a Union, pay taxes and have to abide by health and safety regulations here too.

But if you were a prostitute, would you tell people you just met or your parents that you are a prostitute?

9 times out of 10 people would look down on you if they knew you were a prostitute and I got the feeling that it's the same in Europe when I was there so that's what I meant when I said "Prostitution is legal and tolerated in Europe, but not accepted".

And I would be one of those people. Prostitutes and people who use them are scum. I mean I'm a liberal and agree that they can do whatever they want with their body... but I'm not going to respect them.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 08-30-2008 at 04:55 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-30-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
So what? It's the same as in New Zealand. They have a Union, pay taxes and have to abide by health and safety regulations here too.

But if you were a prostitute, would you tell people you just met or your parents that you are a prostitute?

9 times out of 10 people would look down on you if they knew you were a prostitute and I got the feeling that it's the same in Europe when I was there so that's what I meant when I said "Prostitution is legal and tolerated in Europe, but not accepted".

And I would be one of those people. Prostitutes are scum. I mean I'm a liberal and agree that they can do whatever they want with their body... but I'm not going to respect them.
A lot of times people just make out like 'they are doing it to look after their little baby girl!' that is rarely ever the case, most of the time they are doing it to fuel there own drug habits, often that is the case with prostitution. Even if they did need to look after a child that isn't the way to go about it, there are plenty of women who manage fine without setting that kind of example so I pretty much think they're scum too.

I wouldn't say it's 'tolerated' in Europe, but they are rarely ever penalised legally because of it, the police have better things to do than that. So if that's what you mean by 'tolerated' then fair enough.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Msterbeau (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Msterbeau Send a message via Yahoo to Msterbeau
09-11-2008, 11:30 AM

I'll volunteer. No hangups here. I planned to wander up to Tokyo for a weekend at least, anyways. :-)
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-11-2008, 11:54 AM

Nothing wrong with prostitution, as long as the call girl/rent boy is a consenting adult.

But I don't think you'll find much information on that topic on this site. I could be wrong.

『辛かった」といえる前に
「辛かったろう」と言ってくれる