LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

01-26-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataUchiha View Post
this is all starting to sound expensive, getting the entire equipment myself. but its for the best, and at least i won't get screwed over lol
looks like i'll have to get a good paying job pronto. thanks for the tips! anything else i should know?

Well
u can make monthly payments until the instrument is payed off.
X_X thats offered on musiciansfriend.com and guitarcenter.com

so it makes it easier for you get it
and it won't be that much strain on ur parents.

umm a decent cord though should be about 20 bucks.
and amp 70-100 and bass or guitar 90-140
well basically
one of ur friends probably have a cord

ask to borrow one of theres lol
(#52 (permalink))
Old
ffbittencourt (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to ffbittencourt Send a message via Skype™ to ffbittencourt
01-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Once I get to japan I'll possibly look for places who'd want a little of live MPB.

It'll hopefully be fun!
:-)
(#53 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-26-2009, 08:30 PM

Well chances are that your current computer will do for recording unless it getting quite dated now. Depending on how you want to record the price will vary. Cubase Essenntial 4 (pro recording software) is reasonably priced so that solves that. And you can get a good mixer/ external sound card that works on ebay for a not much over $100. So you could get away with a decent level studio for under $1,000 (and remember even though it seems alot, it's 0.5% of the advance you'd have to pay off from my example record deal plus your free to do artistically what you want) but you need to learn to play first so you have much time.

As a beginner guitar as much as some people say bad stuff about them (it's always the people that can't play it seems though hmm) is the Squier Electric guitar and bass' are very good for the price, especially if you spend a little more and check out there vintage modified and classic vibe series. A decent lead will cost you about $20 and amp price will vary depending on whether you want one for live or one for practise.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

01-27-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SceptileMaster View Post
Well chances are that your current computer will do for recording unless it getting quite dated now. Depending on how you want to record the price will vary. Cubase Essenntial 4 (pro recording software) is reasonably priced so that solves that. And you can get a good mixer/ external sound card that works on ebay for a not much over $100. So you could get away with a decent level studio for under $1,000 (and remember even though it seems alot, it's 0.5% of the advance you'd have to pay off from my example record deal plus your free to do artistically what you want) but you need to learn to play first so you have much time.

As a beginner guitar as much as some people say bad stuff about them (it's always the people that can't play it seems though hmm) is the Squier Electric guitar and bass' are very good for the price, especially if you spend a little more and check out there vintage modified and classic vibe series. A decent lead will cost you about $20 and amp price will vary depending on whether you want one for live or one for practise.
i would say get a practice amp of good size like a peavy

squier is alrite for beginner X_X lol
(#55 (permalink))
Old
HinataUchiha (Offline)
is so lonely

01-27-2009, 06:21 PM

crap. i don't have a job, a computer, an instrument.....i'm gonna have to find someone to mooch off of lol

Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#56 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-27-2009, 06:42 PM

The squier classic vibe and vintage modifieds are pretty much as good as the fenders I guarantee it.

If you want a cheap but good practise amp just for practising then the peavey nano valve is great value.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
noonboy (Offline)
The shadow of the net

Cool 01-27-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
crap. i don't have a job, a computer, an instrument.....i'm gonna have to find someone to mooch off of lol
you got me hinatauchiha. you can mooch off me as much as you whant.

!It is all ways darkest before the dawn!
(\__/)
(#58 (permalink))
Old
alexlovesrock (Offline)
JF Regular

guitar - 01-28-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:

earlier u said u were gonna play bass cause its easy...

slash (famous guitarist of guns n roses) ws gonna do that until his teacher convinced him to play guitar. good call.

i think its far easier to play bass if you ;earn guitar than to play guitar if u learned bass. go for guitar and u can always move to bass.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

01-28-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlovesrock View Post
earlier u said u were gonna play bass cause its easy...

slash (famous guitarist of guns n roses) ws gonna do that until his teacher convinced him to play guitar. good call.

i think its far easier to play bass if you ;earn guitar than to play guitar if u learned bass. go for guitar and u can always move to bass.
Depends on what she wants to do really

I have a hard time trying to play a guitar lol
because i'm so used to bass X_X
(#60 (permalink))
Old
HinataUchiha (Offline)
is so lonely

01-28-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonboy View Post
you got me hinatauchiha. you can mooch off me as much as you whant.
no, "mooch", not "smooch" lol

i'm not really going for whats easy, i was just wondering where to start. i was a little lost.

Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
(\__/)

Last edited by HinataUchiha : 01-28-2009 at 06:04 PM.