(#11 (permalink))
Old
Esteban (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuglife View Post
I am an American in the countryside and get looked at ALL the time...f__K em'

Anything non-Japanese make some Japanese uncomfortable....as in any culture.
In Norway, where I live, we have Asians, Africans, Americans everything! So no one is being looked at. But those looks are more curious looks, right? lol
(#12 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
03-05-2009, 06:51 PM

haha.. I like the video with Bobby in it..
very funny!

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#13 (permalink))
Old
Esteban (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2009, 07:53 PM

lol, that video was freaking funny.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Esteban (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2009, 10:13 PM

Without starting a new thread. Could anybody help me with this question? So I have Rosetta Stone Japanese level 1,2 and 3, plus a few grammar books in Japanese, next year I'll be learning Japanese at school and the year after that I'll hopefully go to Japan. It takes a long time to complete Rosetta Stone, and it really works. And I'm studying this on my own (very hard) up to 5 hours a day when I have time. After I complete this, I think I would be able to speak the most basic Japanese, not much more than that. Also I have a Japanese friend. Please, don't nag on me for using a program, because that's all I have right now. I just wanna know if that's well done? Lol, because I really want to learn this language. And one more Q Most of the host families, do they also speak English? Sorry, if I'm annoying, I just want to make sure.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-05-2009, 10:20 PM

I have not used Rosetta Stone, but just keep in mind that it's universal approach for all languages is a lateral approach to language study, where classroom study will be a longitudal approach. What this means is there will be some overlap and some holes. No study is bad study, so the more you do it, the better you will be prepared when you go.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

03-06-2009, 01:08 AM

Rosetta Stone's language software is great in the absence of classroom instruction. They use native speakers, and with the Japanese version you can select to see the text in romaji, hiragana or kanji. They do lack in the grammar aspects, but it is a great way to build up your basic vocabulary. The only real beef I have with them is the price tag. Those things are worth 50 at the most, but that is why torrents were invented.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Esteban (Offline)
New to JF

03-06-2009, 02:19 PM

Got the whole thing for free anywayz lol. I would say it is worth the price, but I don't think it should cost as much as it does.