JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Hidey0shi (Offline)
New to JF

Working for British companies in Japan. - 01-20-2010, 10:52 AM

I have been residing in Japan for about 6 years now and have done various jobs mostly in the IT sector, but find that in working for Japanese companies there are many things that you have to put up with. Poor pay, having to work on weekends, large amount of over time and having to be moved to different departments without warning. These are just some of the things that you might have to sacrifice that you probably take for granted in your own country.

Please don’t get me wrong. I really enjoy living here, the people seem to be so much politer than back home and everything seems to be much more efficient. Is a 9 till 5 job really too much to ask for in Japan?

I would like to start a family in Japan, and I feel that it is incredibly important to spent time with your children when they are growing up and especially in the early years. So I feel that if I could get a job at a British company I might be able to spend quality time with my family and still earn a half decent wage.

My main question is, does anybody out there know of any recruitment agencies or British companies currently recruiting or looking for British nationals?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you
(#2 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

01-20-2010, 11:44 AM

Working for us