JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Erase (Offline)
New to JF

Searching - 03-21-2010, 02:41 AM

For the last 5 hours I have been searching for websites that can help me in my search for jobs in Japan. But it seems that nearly every teaching job requires a University Degree, so I suppose college qualifications are out of the question right? I have spent the last 3 years doing a mixed course of IT and Public services, so to some extent I'm capable.

I have read there are many school/companies that hire people to teach English who hasn't got a University degree but I can't seem to find any good websites with lists of companies or school. All I keep finding are websites that refer me to those big language companies that require just a degree.

Well, what I'm trying to ask is this, do anyone know any good job websites in Japan? Or should I invest time in TEFL course?

Thanks for reading, and replying if you do
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-21-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erase View Post
For the last 5 hours I have been searching for websites that can help me in my search for jobs in Japan. But it seems that nearly every teaching job requires a University Degree, so I suppose college qualifications are out of the question right? I have spent the last 3 years doing a mixed course of IT and Public services, so to some extent I'm capable.

I have read there are many school/companies that hire people to teach English who hasn't got a University degree but I can't seem to find any good websites with lists of companies or school. All I keep finding are websites that refer me to those big language companies that require just a degree.

Well, what I'm trying to ask is this, do anyone know any good job websites in Japan? Or should I invest time in TEFL course?

Thanks for reading, and replying if you do
People don't want people that haven't graduated from college teaching their children. That's simple reality and hard to call unreasonable.

If teaching in Japan is your goal, invest in way to earn a 4-year degree. TEFL is not really necessary.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Erase (Offline)
New to JF

03-21-2010, 03:03 AM

Well Technically I have graduated from College but not from University. I'm not sure if your college is our University. But yes I can understand why people wouldn't want some one who hasn't graduated teaching their children.

Teaching isn't my goal but working there is, I have lived in many European countries and would prefer to move out of Europe before my 21st birthday.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-21-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erase View Post
Well Technically I have graduated from College but not from University. I'm not sure if your college is our University. But yes I can understand why people wouldn't want some one who hasn't graduated teaching their children.

Teaching isn't my goal but working there is, I have lived in many European countries and would prefer to move out of Europe before my 21st birthday.
I do not know either. In the US (and Japan) is the degree received after (usually) four years of study after graduation from high school (usually at age 18).

I am guessing if you are not 21 you have not passed this hurdle yet.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Erase (Offline)
New to JF

03-21-2010, 03:24 AM

I will turn 20 this year, and I have been in college since I was 17. I guess I will have to ask my tutor for any advice about this.

Thanks for your help