LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
OBC (Offline)
New to JF

09-22-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizu View Post
For the work visa, you have to have a four year degree, or the required work experience for the work visa type.
So you mean, I can't go to Japan with only a high school diploma ?
I worked for 6 years in an insurance business, getting "sponsored" would not be a problem.

So if I understood right, my only chance to live in Japan would be to work in the insurance business ?

- Dr. Z
(#42 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-22-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBC View Post
I worked for 6 years in an insurance business, getting "sponsored" would not be a problem.

So if I understood right, my only chance to live in Japan would be to work in the insurance business ?
I don't think six years is enough. Without a degree usually 10 years of work experience is required.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-22-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't think six years is enough. Without a degree usually 10 years of work experience is required.
Depends on the field too. Insurance is something that is specific to location, and it really depends on the type of work involved in Insurance; Adjuster and Sales, not even with 20 years of experieince I would think. In the actuarial area, maybe 10 years will do....
(#44 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-22-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Depends on the field too. Insurance is something that is specific to location, and it really depends on the type of work involved in Insurance; Adjuster and Sales, not even with 20 years of experieince I would think. In the actuarial area, maybe 10 years will do....
I can't imagine selling insurance in the US translates well to Japan. Especially if it is health insurance.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-22-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I can't imagine selling insurance in the US translates well to Japan. Especially if it is health insurance.
Exactly my point, people's attitude and view towards insurance and insurance agents are very different, then most importantly, insurance laws and such are also very very different.

The only knowledge that may be reusable are the actuarial work, I'd imagine that risk and payout calculation will be very similar an base on the same principal, just different business rules...
(#46 (permalink))
Old
rizu (Offline)
New to JF

09-22-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBC View Post

Are you American? If you go here to the Japanese embassy's website, it will tell you what is required for the type of visa you are applying for. There are different kinds based on what field you are trying to get. It will tell you there exactly how much work experience is required if you do not have a Bachelor's.

Otherwise, your only other option would be: A. go to school over there, B. get married to a Japanese citizen/resident, or C. go on a cultural visa.

If you aren't American, you may qualify for the Work Holiday Visa which allows you to work up to a year (I think).

だらだらが一番!

mochigashi.blogspot.com
(#47 (permalink))
Old
TranquillityOfShyness (Offline)
New to JF

09-23-2011, 03:00 AM

is this how the name Jeremy is written in Japanese ?

Last edited by TranquillityOfShyness : 09-23-2011 at 03:03 AM.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
rizu (Offline)
New to JF

09-23-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranquillityOfShyness View Post
is this how the name Jeremy is written in Japanese ?

that looks right. it just depends on how you pronounce your name. that spelling is more like jeremi-

だらだらが一番!

mochigashi.blogspot.com
(#49 (permalink))
Old
TranquillityOfShyness (Offline)
New to JF

09-23-2011, 03:42 AM

Quote:
that looks right. it just depends on how you pronounce your name. that spelling is more like jeremi-
cool thanks, i used this japanesetranslator.co.uk :: Japanese Translation & Typesetting
and wasn't sure if it was right .
(#50 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-23-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Jeremy - Jeremi- - What is the difference?