JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
BondageFruit (Offline)
New to JF

I'm on the prowl. - 01-24-2011, 02:44 AM

I come here as an intellectual to find intellectuals, primarily in music but also in philosophical topics like existentialism. I'm hoping that I can make some sort of impression, but let me at least tell you a little bit about me:

I'm 22, I live in the USA, and I'm currently in college majoring in Computer Technology. As you might've guessed I greatly enjoy listening to and critiquing music, and as you also might have guessed I'm very vocal about my opinions regarding this passion. Because of this I often catch flak with some of the more...inexperienced forums who accuse me of trolling and flaming, when again it can mostly be chocked up to inexperience. I'm a big believer in freedom of speech, but at the same time I think that there's such a thing as going to far, for example the Westboro Baptist Church. I do my part to encourage the arts, though sometimes my overly analytical mind gets in the way. Or maybe it helps me, sometimes I'm unsure. Being one who loves the arts and reads between the lines I detest political correctness and what it's done to our culture in its vain attempt at snuffing out as many quote-unquote 'offensive' things as possible (like the censorship of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn...I'm as against that as a man possibly can be). Other than that, I enjoy discussions regarding cars and guns--oh yeah, and video games. First-person shooters primarily, but I love old isometric RPGs like Fallout and Diablo.

If not intellectuals, I'm also here to find some like-minded music fans who are into some of the more...artistic aspects of music coming from Japan. Stuff like Bi Kyo Ran, Shingetsu, Merzbow, Melt Banana, Sigh, Korekyojin, and of course...Bondage Fruit.

If none of those bands register in your mind, then at least someone who doesn't mind getting involved in riveting music and art discussions on a semi-regular basis. I say this because I've bored a lot of people with music discussion, so I want to engage someone who's passionate about the subject. Drop me a line, MSN's [email protected].

Also, specify that you're actually from here if you do decide to shoot a friend request this way. I've been getting a lot of spam requests lately, and they're getting kind of annoying. Thanks in advance.

"You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered pansexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it."-Frank Zappa

Last edited by BondageFruit : 02-01-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: To give my post more depth.